Making a Murderer

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but, if you're on pre-paid broadband it will suck out your soul in data usage. PM me the p.bay link, anyone.
I am with Optus, Nexflix is not counted in data usuage.
Would you believe just won a prize with Optus, 3 months free Netflix (sadly not transferable as I would have offered it).

Yes, fascinating show. Ken Kratz makes your blood boil. The way they treated that poor Brendan Dassey was disgusting.

I thought the potrayal of the brother was interesting. They seemed intent on making him seem suspicious imo.

Yeah you wanted to slap his face. In fact there were a bunch of people who were totally noxious, especially Len Kachinsky and his dickhead investigator who bullied Brendan into a confession. It's frightening to think how some admissions are extracted, to say the very least.

In the same genre, can recommend 'R'; it is Danish, was on SBS6 some time ago. Very captivating and dark about Danish prison system. I don’t cringe easily but it has 2 wtf moments, comparable with American History X.

Just finished watching last night. I absolutely believe Steven and Brendan have been framed. I don't know how a jury could absolutely determine that they were both guilty without any doubt.

Just finished watching last night. I absolutely believe Steven and Brendan have been framed. I don't know how a jury could absolutely determine that they were both guilty without any doubt.

It begs the question though who actually did kill that woman and throw her into the Avery fire pit? Why weren't the cops called when they see hey someone has started a bonfire in my front yard?

Who is actually stupid enough to confess to a murder they did not commit?

Don't reckon they will get out unless they find that blood chemical in the blood found in the car. And there would be a massive cover up if it was found as all hell would break out now if it was found they were framed.

It would bring down the whole police department and the court...

It begs the question though who actually did kill that woman and throw her into the Avery fire pit? Why weren't the cops called when they see hey someone has started a bonfire in my front yard?

Who is actually stupid enough to confess to a murder they did not commit?

Don't reckon they will get out unless they find that blood chemical in the blood found in the car. And there would be a massive cover up if it was found as all hell would break out now if it was found they were framed.

It would bring down the whole police department and the court...

Brendan is clearly not right upstairs. Brendan's brother and his mate seem to me likely culprits with their preconceived alibis.

In any case, it seems to me that there is not enough evidence to convict Steven and certainly enough evidence to show that the procedure was entirely ****ed in having these local yahoos who were about to be prosecuted to enter the crime scene.

On conduct and procedure alone the charges should be dismissed in order that that type of thing never happen again. I can't believe that the charges stand on that rancid legal and procedural foundation. The Thin Blue Line is another documentary in which the same conclusions must be reached.

Brendan is clearly not right upstairs. Brendan's brother and his mate seem to me likely culprits with their preconceived alibis.

In any case, it seems to me that there is not enough evidence to convict Steven and certainly enough evidence to show that the procedure was entirely stuffed in having these local yahoos who were about to be prosecuted to enter the crime scene.

On conduct and procedure alone the charges should be dismissed in order that that type of thing never happen again. I can't believe that the charges stand on that rancid legal and procedural foundation. The Thin Blue Line is another documentary in which the same conclusions must be reached.

Yeah the frightening thing is Brendan's confession said she was raped and had her throat cut on Steven's bed. But there was no blood or jizz or hair or anything found in the entire trailer. But that confession still stood...

That Brendan did it and blamed Steven is a scenario I hadn't considered but could have happened. I have trouble rationalising the police would kill someone to frame a murder scene.

Yeah the frightening thing is Brendan's confession said she was raped and had her throat cut on Steven's bed. But there was no blood or jizz or hair or anything found in the entire trailer. But that confession still stood...

That Brendan did it and blamed Steven is a scenario I hadn't considered but could have happened. I have trouble rationalising the police would kill someone to frame a murder scene.

The defence never said the cops had anything to do with the murder, but rather that they failed to follow leads of other suspects and were determined to nail Steven to the mast. That I can definitely believe given Steven was about to prosecute the local constabulary. How on earth can this local dept scour the crime scene by themselves? Utter, Putinesque, bullshit. And I mean that.

Plus look at the twat that was appointed as the defence attorney for Brendan. How is it possible to get a bigger bell-end than that smarmy prick with his short-pants and delusions about a political career? He never even bothered to touch base with Brendan. The two testimonies should have been joined but were legally separated, but not to my thinking in the jurors minds.

Just goes to show that the courts are fields of law, not of justice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defence never said the cops had anything to do with the murder, but rather that they failed to follow leads of other suspects and were determined to nail Steven to the mast. That I can definitely believe given Steven was about to prosecute the local constabulary. How on earth can this local dept scour the crime scene by themselves? Utter, Putinesque, bullshit. And I mean that.

Plus look at the twat that was appointed as the defence attorney for Brendan. How is it possible to get a bigger bell-end than that smarmy prick with his short-pants and delusions about a political career? He never even bothered to touch base with Brendan. The two testimonies should have been joined but were legally separated, but not to my thinking in the jurors minds.

Just goes to show that the courts are fields of law, not of justice.

Brendan was obviously guided and lead into every statement he made, then they conveniently decided to cut out the part where he tells his mother the police 'got into his head'. His own lawyer even approved of that and he went through the entire interview process up to his arrest without his lawyer! A minor! Who is seemingly mentally *ed...

The mind boggles. Steven has exhausted all of his funds and appeal avenues so he is representing himself and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and it's too much for anyone to arrange their own appeal in the highest courts in the land.

He's got a snowflakes chance in hell of getting out unless the public outcry forces the governor to act.

Brendan was obviously guided and lead into every statement he made, then they conveniently decided to cut out the part where he tells his mother the police 'got into his head'. His own lawyer even approved of that and he went through the entire interview process up to his arrest without his lawyer! A minor! Who is seemingly mentally ******ed...

The mind boggles. Steven has exhausted all of his funds and appeal avenues so he is representing himself and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and it's too much for anyone to arrange their own appeal in the highest courts in the land.

He's got a snowflakes chance in hell of getting out unless the public outcry forces the governor to act.

It enrages me. The most prescient point in that doco was the conversation between Steven and his folks where Steven thought he was finished, contemplating topping himself. 'Poor people loose, all the time.'

He was right.

Brendan was obviously guided and lead into every statement he made, then they conveniently decided to cut out the part where he tells his mother the police 'got into his head'. His own lawyer even approved of that and he went through the entire interview process up to his arrest without his lawyer! A minor! Who is seemingly mentally ******ed...

There's no possible way that 'confession' stands in a courtroom here. The video is just a totally damning account of what a total botch job those coppers did. He's 16, clearly not the full quid, he's got no representation, (was it even offered to him), and the coppers were answering their own questions. They made the admissions and then forced them down his throat. If it wasn't so serious, it would be a comedy.

There's no possible way that 'confession' stands in a courtroom here. The video is just a totally damning account of what a total botch job those coppers did. He's 16, clearly not the full quid, he's got no representation, (was it even offered to him), and the coppers were answering their own questions. They made the admissions and then forced them down his throat. If it wasn't so serious, it would be a comedy.

Yeah it made me sick when they said 'we know what happened' and if Brendan said something they didn't like they said 'no Brendan, tell us what really happened'. They painted him into the corner until he had no choice but to just nod along, after telling him that if he said what they wanted he would be back home to hand in his assignment!

Total manipulation of a mentally challenged minor.

I would say the cops planted her car, the keys in a bedroom and blood in the car as well. There is more than enough circumstances to create a credible doubt.

Where do they find their juries??

Yeah it made me sick when they said 'we know what happened' and if Brendan said something they didn't like they said 'no Brendan, tell us what really happened'. They painted him into the corner until he had no choice but to just nod along, after telling him that if he said what they wanted he would be back home to hand in his assignment!

Total manipulation of a mentally challenged minor.

I would say the cops planted her car, the keys in a bedroom and blood in the car as well. There is more than enough circumstances to create a credible doubt.

Where do they find their juries??

Yeah that tampering with the casing and then a small pinprick in the blood sample is unbelievable, unbelievable.

I mean, where does that pinprick come from? To me it's totally unreal. On that basis alone you say something extremely dubious has gone on here and the court case is a joke. When you add in the leading questions for Brendan, the local cops working themselves on the crime scene, lack of a blood scene as described etc etc, how can this hold up?

Plus look at the twat that was appointed as the defence attorney for Brendan.
I think even Len was laughing at himself at one stage. What a joke he was. And his investigator was worse than the coppers

I think even Len was laughing at himself at one stage. What a joke he was. And his investigator was worse than the coppers

I think that dodgy prick copper who was at every scene but didn't record it in the log was the worst. Every time something was 'found' he was proven to be there, but made out like he wasn't. That's the smoking gun if you ask me.

I think that dodgy prick copper who was at every scene but didn't record it in the log was the worst. Every time something was 'found' he was proven to be there, but made out like he wasn't. That's the smoking gun if you ask me.
I've just watched episode 4 where at the end they find the tampered with blood vile. The story seems to get more and more ridiculous with each episode. My biggest question at the moment is why the kid didn't just deny everything. Even a dufus doesn't admit to a killing if they had nothing to do with it. His 'confession' shouldn't be admissable imo, but where were his denials?

I've just watched episode 4 where at the end they find the tampered with blood vile. The story seems to get more and more ridiculous with each episode. My biggest question at the moment is why the kid didn't just deny everything. Even a dufus doesn't admit to a killing if they had nothing to do with it. His 'confession' shouldn't be admissable imo, but where were his denials?

He's got an IQ of about 60 or something. He thought the best way out of it was just to tell the cops what he thought they wanted to hear. He was way out of his depth. He gets on the phone to his Mum and says he didn't do it and she is just as incredulous as we are saying well why did you say you did it? He doesn't realise what kind of trouble he is getting himself into. He's a very slow kid who is not capable of speaking for himself. That doesn't matter though... Every time they interview him his story completely changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back