Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 search continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Malaysian authorities are better at dealing with trumpeted up sodomy charges than finding planes.

How many * ups have their government agencies reported to the public?? I'm not saying this is an easy case to solve, but the info from the yank satellites about the pinging signal being transmitted for another 4 or is it 6 hours after the last contact, would have been available to them within 24 to 48 hours after they lost contact with the plane yet they just ignored the info.

Malaysian authorities are better at dealing with trumpeted up sodomy charges than finding planes.

It's a running joke over there. They can find a single sperm of Anwar's but can't find a ******* 777 airplane.

Winner!

an hour ago
Nina the electrically equipment and avionics unlike humans don't need oxygen to function properly rb
Ron Bartsch
3acc89d3-5f17-4e07-804e-f59a2e0b4f86.jpg

an hour ago
Hi Ron,
Could a rapid or slow decompression cause the ACARS and then the transponder to fail? thanks

Nina

The media is checking with everyone:

The Guardian
A commander with the Pakistani Taliban, a separate entity fighting the Pakistani government, said the fragmented group could only dream about such an operation.

“We wish we had an opportunity to hijack such a plane,” he told Reuters by telephone from the lawless North Waziristan region.
The Guardian

Meanwhile in the real world

Indian defense officials rejected the possibility of a plane flying for hours above the country undetected.

“The idea that the plane flew through Indian airspace for several hours without anyone noticing is bizarre,” a defense ministry official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Explaining why this was unlikely, he said surveillance was so tight on India’s border facing its nuclear arch-rival Pakistan that the air force scrambled a pair of Sukhoi fighters last month after an unidentified object showed up on the radar.

Pakistani officials said they had detected nothing suspicious in the skies after the plane vanished.

“We have checked the radar recording for the period but found no clue about the ill-fated flight,” the Civil Aviation Authority said in a statement.

Central Asian countries Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, at the northern end of the search arc, said no unidentified planes had entered their air space on March 8:

“Even if all on-board equipment is switched off, it is impossible to fly through in a silent mode,” the Kazakh Civil Aviation Committee said in a statement sent to Reuters. “There are also military bodies monitoring the country’s air space.”​

How many **** ups have their government agencies reported to the public?? I'm not saying this is an easy case to solve, but the info from the yank satellites about the pinging signal being transmitted for another 4 or is it 6 hours after the last contact, would have been available to them within 24 to 48 hours after they lost contact with the plane yet they just ignored the info.

A cultural issue according this piece:

Missing jet reveals uncomfortable Malaysian truths
"In Malaysian political culture, they are not used to answering questions straight and honestly," said Bridget Welsh, a political scientist from the Singapore Management University. "They are used to 'government knows best for government,' and have been very slow in realizing this is not a Malaysia crisis - this has global effects."
Missing jet reveals uncomfortable Malaysian truths

Yeah I know its cultural BS. I have had to deal with Asian - face saving - rather than straight honest talking - type BS, for the last 9 years. I didn't put it in my post explicitly but I was implying that this is Asian government/people in authority BS and not shooting straight from the start, but doing the face saving stuff and then looking like dills when they reveal all the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many **** ups have their government agencies reported to the public?? I'm not saying this is an easy case to solve, but the info from the yank satellites about the pinging signal being transmitted for another 4 or is it 6 hours after the last contact, would have been available to them within 24 to 48 hours after they lost contact with the plane yet they just ignored the info.
The pinging signal meant one thing, the plane was within recognition distance of the satellite. When it was lost it otherwise meant the plane was lost or had gone too far for the satellite to pick up. It just records distance and not direction and at the time there were better ways to determine where MH370 ended up. The pinging signal records may have to be looked at later if there is no other means of locating the flight.

The pinging signal meant one thing, the plane was within recognition distance of the satellite. When it was lost it otherwise meant the plane was lost or had gone too far for the satellite to pick up. It just records distance and not direction and at the time there were better ways to determine where MH370 ended up. The pinging signal records may have to be looked at later if there is no other means of locating the flight.

I don't know what you are trying to say - but the information was available with 24 to 48 hours of the plane going missing and the Malaysian authorities ignored it despite the Americans making it available. Whilst it didn't say where the plane was, it would have told them the plane was at least 4 hours flying distance from the last co-ordinates which was a long way from where the Malaysian navy went looking for wreckage.

I don't know what you are trying to say - but the information was available with 24 to 48 hours of the plane going missing and the Malaysian authorities ignored it despite the Americans making it available. Whilst it didn't say where the plane was, it would have told them the plane was at least 4 hours flying distance from the last co-ordinates which was a long way from where the Malaysian navy went looking for wreckage.
All that I was pointing out is that the pinging signal says how far the plane is from the satellite, and not what direction it is in. I wouldn't know exactly how the Malaysian navy started looking for the plane but the pinging signal gives them no place to start from.

All that I was pointing out is that the pinging signal says how far the plane is from the satellite, and not what direction it is in. I wouldn't know exactly how the Malaysian navy started looking for the plane but the pinging signal gives them no place to start from.

That's because if a plane flies at 800km/hr and is known to have flown for at least another 4 hours, then its likely to be about 3,000 km away from the point of last communication with the plane and 3,000km away, which is well outside Malaysia's territorial waters.

That's what I'm getting at. Why did the Malaysian authorities ignore this basic evidence that the yanks would have supplied 24-48 hours after the last contact with the plane??

You had vision of the Minister for transport in a plane looking out of the window as if he was trying to help the search and rescue effort 5 days or so after the last contact and this info from the yank satellites was several days old.

As a poster on pprune.org has stated today:

Finally this quote makes sense:

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

A Chinese satellite has sighted possible debris 120km from the earlier sighting reporting by PM Abbott. This latest sighting is two days after the earlier reports.

Latest developments

Looks like the wreckage has been found (EDIT: yet to be confirmed) off the coast of Western Australia.

Now for the black box.

I think you have jumped the gun there Forza. Ok missed your edit between quoting and hitting the reply button.

I still can't see the logics of it being in that location.

I can only think complete electronic failure and they flew looking for land and didn't find any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back