Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It is commonsense. The lazy, bludging pricks get off their arse and do something when they have a reduced safety net. This allows the various charities to use their freed up resources on those who really need it.

Ah charities, cos they are a beacon of efficiency.

Reduce the top 30% underperforming charities and wed be getting somewhere

How about putting a stop to the 1,000's of "Foundations" set up each year and centralise fundraising through some sort of formalised and approved system - too much money sucked up in admin costs replicated over and over.

How about putting a stop to the 1,000's of "Foundations" set up each year and centralise fundraising through some sort of formalised and approved system - too much money sucked up in admin costs replicated over and over.

We could also tax the multi nationals and not need so many charities.

if we reduce these crappy charities what will happen to the likes of shane warnes brother on 80k a year and his parents that can rent out there apartment to these charities

theyu might have to get actual jobs and do some work, damn

http://www.smh.com.au/national/char...-for-dwindling-donations-20160125-gmde10.html

"More than 2500 new charities were created last year and registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, on top of the 53,000 already established charities."

For me working from home, I get at least two calls a week from charities. The 'Do Not Call Register' excludes calls from charities sadly.

A must read:

Archibald winner Lewis Miller destroyed Malcolm Turnbull portrait after future PM said he looked 'big, fat and greedy'

• Article%20Lead%20-%20wide1005105660gmexeiimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.gmewho.png1453870725010.jpg-620x349.jpg
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said Lewis Miller's portrait made him look 'big, fat and greedy'. Photo: Rob Homer
It was a portrait of then Sydney merchant banker Malcolm Turnbull that artist Lewis Miller hoped would win him the Archibald Prize in 1994.
But instead Miller, hurt by comments made by the future prime minster, took to the painting with a craft knife, leaving it in shreds on his studio floor.

"That artist of yours is no good," Mr Turnbull told Mr Hughes.

"He's made me look like a big, fat, greedy c--t."

????????

Mr Hughes supposedly replied: "He is a realist painter you know."

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mr Turnbull's office declined to comment about the claims published on Tuesday.

Truth hurts huh?

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...and-greedy-20160127-gmewho.html#ixzz3yQFwzTUh
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Very funny but still a couple of truths in there I am sure.

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/articl...fuses-splash-money-luxuries-education-funding

“It feels like a waste to me. Why spend money on children who can’t even vote? If they want extra money they should get it the old fashioned way: invent and sell a revolutionary app. That’s the kind of forward thinking we need in our education system. We can’t just keep handing out money to kids who might not even be worth it.
“The public schools system in this country is already a fixer-upper. All I’m proposing is that we do more of a knockdown/rebuild - except without the rebuild.”

Is this really such a good appointment? I thought that there were a couple of issues whilst Minister for Immigration and Minister for Indigenous Affairs.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...cs-for-human-rights-role-20160208-gmoe8x.html

"As a distinguished member of the Australian Parliament for over four decades, the current chair of the parliamentary joint committee on human rights and a longstanding member of Amnesty International, Mr Ruddock is well-qualified to advocate and represent Australia's human rights views and record," Ms Bishop said.
"As special envoy, Mr Ruddock will focus on advancing Australia's human rights priorities of good governance, freedom of expression, gender equality, the rights of indigenous peoples, and national human rights institutions."

Could lose the next election to Shorten through sheer incompetence.

Can't make a decision, can't communicate, simply cannot lead.

Every day he talks of another tax and then wonders why confidence is in the toilet. The Libs will be calling for Abbott to be reinstated at this rate.

And backing Rudd for the UN presidency, way to win doubting conservatives over to your cause.

He is in all sorts.

His fatuous smiles as he is wafting around doing absolutely nothing in Parliament QT and elsewhere for the past 5 months is h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s.
Not seen anything like it in all my years of Prime Ministers. Not even Bill McMahon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I did actually expect he'd do what he said would and lead an effective debate on tax reform :D:D:D

Didn't realise til some weeks later that he had killed off the Federation and Tax white papers that Coag and others had been had been toiling over for nearly two years :D:D:D

Obviously he had no intention from the beginning of debating tax reform himself. :D That, or he really is a Thucydiot:
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/australia1/

lucythucy_thumb.png

Or both.

Oh dear this Stuart Robert situation is getting a bit messy:
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-over-stuart-roberts-china-trip-politics-live

Some new material on the trip. The embattled minister Stuart Robert took his controversial “private” trip to China several days before he was due in Singapore for official business – raising questions about portions of his international travel being taxpayer-funded. I’ve asked Robert whether he had undertaken the controversial Beijing visit as a side trip to his $10,450 government-funded trip to Singapore, but he and his office declined to answer. Finance Department entitlement records showed he claimed $10,449.83 “to attend the Singapore-Australia joint ministerial meeting and the defence ministers’ dialogue” from 21 August to 23 August 2014. PM&C confirmed Robert had requested personal leave for the period 15 to 22 August 2014 and this been approved by the then prime minister, Tony Abbott. I’ve repeatedly asked Robert and his spokesman whether the Beijing trip constituted a side-trip to the official engagement in Singapore, and sought clarity about which flights were paid for by taxpayers and which flights were paid for privately. There was no response to the direct queries, first submitted on Monday.

More errors of judgement?

I reckon he's doing a slightly better job than Abbott, only on account of the fact that he's hiding from his s**t policies rather than being publicly antagonistic.

As for the question of how long? However many days until the next election.

A hugely disappointed young person here. Feel free to stick the boot in if you like because I was optimistic.

Even Shorten has lifted his game, not that I have much hope he'll do a better job when he reaches office.

Tulip

Turnbull is an ex investment banker and a Goldman Sachs one to boot. Cannot be trusted as such. To be successful in that game you have to lack morals, be greedy and power hungry. Its always been about him, screw the rest of us.

I have always voted liberal, next election I will not and I will not preference them. I know many conservatives who are in the same boat I wish any liberal senator who is not high up on the list luck, they will need it because a lot of votes are going elsewhere.

Tulip

Turnbull is an ex investment banker and a Goldman Sachs one to boot. Cannot be trusted as such. To be successful in that game you have to lack morals, be greedy and power hungry. Its always been about him, screw the rest of us.

I have always voted liberal, next election I will not and I will not preference them. I know many conservatives who are in the same boat I wish any liberal senator who is not high up on the list luck, they will need it because a lot of votes are going elsewhere.

Would you vote liberal if it was Abbott or Morrison in charge, or does it have less to do with his theoretically more liberal views and more to do with being unhappy about the party.

I understand this may be off topic, but can anyone list what Turnbull has actually done since taking over as PM?

There's your answer.

Would you vote liberal if it was Abbott or Morrison in charge, or does it have less to do with his theoretically more liberal views and more to do with being unhappy about the party.

There's your answer.

It seems that way. I read a rather funny thing on The Drum the other day about Abbott maybe at least getting things done (regardless of whether good or bad) because of his Captain Calls and not shipping everything off to committee like Rudd and Turnbull.

Given that he's barely a changed a single policy from the Abbott era, I can't see why you are so anti him.

It's why the opinion polls are depressing to see. Aside from not handing out knighthoods and not be stupid enough to think acting like a prick is good PR it's the exact same government. Apparently that's all swing voters need. They don't even notice the broken promises haven't been reversed.

It's why the opinion polls are depressing to see. Aside from not handing out knighthoods and not be stupid enough to think acting like a prick is good PR it's the exact same government. Apparently that's all swing voters need. They don't even notice the broken promises haven't been reversed.

My guess it's a mix of voters glad to see the back of Abbott, wanting to bring an end to the merry-go-round that has been the Australian Prime Ministership for the past 5 years, a punt that Turnbull will be able to enact the sort of policies he really supports after a federal election and not being enamoured of the alternative.

Could lose the next election to Shorten through sheer incompetence.

Can't make a decision, can't communicate, simply cannot lead.

Every day he talks of another tax and then wonders why confidence is in the toilet. The Libs will be calling for Abbott to be reinstated at this rate.

And backing Rudd for the UN presidency, way to win doubting conservatives over to your cause.

He is in all sorts.

Going by his strong rationale for replacing Tony and given Malcolm's background and knowledge I expected he would fulfil his promises about treating the Australian people intelligently by explaining everything in the way Bob Hawke did when he took government.

Malcolm, like Bob, had the intellect and more than long enough before taking office, to have a clear plan in his head as to how he was going to educate the people about economic reform.

Instead he destroyed the Federation and Tax papers which were about to go green (ie on the table for discussion) secretly, out of sight, and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing, nothing at all so far except a naff innovations policy in the first 5 months of his government and counting.

Record so far: fatuous, smiling tosser. Loving it in the Lodge but.

Ironically while he and Rudd have a lot in common (ie severe narcissim) you could never say Rudd did nothing while he was in the job. Quite the reverse.

Add dope to tosser.

Anyone see this from Bomberboyok, in the Abbott thread?

Considering it was all about the threat Malcolm faces from Abbott, I think it could use a run in this thread.

Actually made me cringe for Abbott and Murdoch.

"So who could this unnamed source have been? Well, we can’t be sure. But our bet is Tony Abbott, because he talked to Simon Benson for the story and claimed the Americans he met had:

‘ ... wanted to thank me for the support our government had given them.’

— Daily Telegraph, 1 February, 2016"​

Last edited:
The situation with Turnbull and the Coalition ATM is comedy gold. It's one big going-nowhere-holding-pattern.

Turnbull's social values are completely out of step with the social conservatism of the contemporary Liberal Party. Yet there is zero he can really do about acting on those values, unless he wants his party to break at the seams.

His economic neo-liberalism is in step with the Party, but less and less the electorate, so there is little he can do there either, unless he wants to run the risk of becoming as unpopular as Hockey and Abbott post their first budget. So his hands are tied there, too.

The good news for the Coalition is that they have a PM who is popular and much more 'prime ministerial' than tin-ear Tone. And that is about all the good news. As long as they are happy doing nothing, and feel that the strong media performance of the PM alone is sufficient and equal to good government, then I suppose all is fine.

I'll admit to taking a genuine pleasure from watching the tumbleweeds. He is effectively sitting on his hands, smiling, and sounding authorial without doing anything authorial. And his party has to passively eat it. But hey, they'll win the election. Because popular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back