Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both do appear to be common sense steps. Perhaps having CGT on the sales of family homes over a certain figure would also have the same impact.

That's harsh though (penalising someone for govt created inflation). Also it has the effect of stopping mobilisation in the work force ie selling your Melbourne home to move to Sydney etc which is why few governments do it.

I think cutting tax breaks on super for the well off is something that will happen sooner rather than later and nearly all parties will back it.

I must say I had hopes that Turnbull would be better than Abbott but he's proving to be a nothing politician. No substance, no values, no vision..just nothing. I'd have voted for the Liberals for the first time if he were worthy of my vote..I don't see that happening any time soon.

Malcolm in the middle. Republic debacle should have been a clue

image.png
But doughnuts are so palatable, aren't they. Just delicious, and the 'hole' is very healthy.

Contast that to mr "sour, then they're sweet " Rabbot, or choclate eclaire Gillard, or milky bar kid

Last edited:

Just seen the innovation ad on tele, not sure there isn't a cliche they didn't mine for that one, and just quietly PM if you hadn't f***ed up the NBN we might be better positioned to do said innovating that you're so keen on.

Or if howard hadnt destroyed all the similar policies hawke keating put in

R&D tax concessions etc

Bit late to be innovating when most industries have up and left

Are we not mentioning our Best Minister in the World? Not sure he needs a separate thread.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think is the best minister in the country? And before you shoot me down, it is a legitimate question, I really am just curious. I am only just getting to know of certain ministers. Is Turnburn the best minister?

Just out of curiosity, who do you think is the best minister in the country? And before you shoot me down, it is a legitimate question, I really am just curious. I am only just getting to know of certain ministers. Is Turnburn the best minister?

Probably Robb. Ley and Payne seem to be not completely stuffing Health and Defence respectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robb is getting runs on the board.
Haven't seen too many stuff-ups by Joyce in agriculture..yet.

I must say I had hopes that Turnbull would be better than Abbott but he's proving to be a nothing politician. No substance, no values, no vision..just nothing. I'd have voted for the Liberals for the first time if he were worthy of my vote..I don't see that happening any time soon.
Very big on talk and style. Very little on substance. Agreed.

Robb is getting runs on the board.
Haven't seen too many stuff-ups by Joyce in agriculture..yet.

Hang on, isn't Robb retiring? If so, who replaces him?

There seems to be a lot of 'older heads' leaving the Libs (Nationals), is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

I still don't really understand the whole Liberal/National thing.

Hang on, isn't Robb retiring? If so, who replaces him?

There seems to be a lot of 'older heads' leaving the Libs (Nationals), is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

I still don't really understand the whole Liberal/National thing.

The Nationals ministers collectively handle their portfolios rather well. Perhaps Trade goes to the new National in cabinet. Maybe time to promote Darren Chester from Gippsland.

The problem ministries are the ones held by Liberal ministers, outside of the retiring Robb and Ley (who is a rural Liberal anyway).

Meanwhile, life is stable on the Opposition frontbench. Yesterday's performance in the National Press Club by Plibersek was a highlight.

The Nationals ministers collectively handle their portfolios rather well. Perhaps Trade goes to the new National in cabinet. Maybe time to promote Darren Chester from Gippsland.

The problem ministries are the ones held by Liberal ministers, outside of the retiring Robb and Ley (who is a rural Liberal anyway).

Meanwhile, life is stable on the Opposition frontbench. Yesterday's performance in the National Press Club by Plibersek was a highlight.

I've heard her speak before. If that is a highlight, we have very low standards. I remember when she accused Malcolm of 'mansplaining', I didn't take her serious after that. No offense, I just don't get into that stuff. I like balanced and reasonable politicians, that is why I asked about Turnbull, he seems pretty calm, whereas the rest appear to be a bit irrational and emotive.

Will win the next election without breaking stride. Mainly because the opposition remain unelectable - but he's a s**t nothing PM who ironically will go to the election on Abbotts policy platform. Things will get very interesting thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back