Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, life is stable on the Opposition frontbench. Yesterday's performance in the National Press Club by Plibersek was a highlight.
I too thought she was excellent, had no problems answering questions, presented well.
Possible ALP leader in the future?

I too thought she was excellent, had no problems answering questions, presented well.
Possible ALP leader in the future?

Plibersek is essentially an Abbott but on the other extreme. Abbott could present well with a published speech too.

Labor should have gone with Albanese instead of lurching to extremes (or Boredom as with Bill Shorten)

Plibersek is essentially an Abbott but on the other extreme. Abbott could present well with a published speech too.

Labor should have gone with Albanese instead of lurching to extremes (or Boredom as with Bill Shorten)
You are not serious are you?
Please give just one example of Abbott=good speech?
It isn't just the speech it is the ability to respectfully answer questions in full without three word slogans.
Your bias is truly showing now.

It isn't just the speech it is the ability to respectfully answer questions in full without three word slogans.
If he had a prepared speech, he spoke incredibly well. If he didn't, he stumbled alot.

Are you sure that your bias isn't showing? When did you become the arbiter of being neutral?

Come on Maggie. You only like Plibersek because she is a Greenie in red!

If he had a prepared speech, he spoke incredibly well. If he didn't, he stumbled alot.

Are you sure that your bias isn't showing? When did you become the arbiter of being neutral?
No, not at all, Have always been impressed by the way she speaks.

There are few good speakers in Parliament (all parties) she is one of the best as is Ludlum from the Greens. Plain speak, clear and answers questions asked not want they want to say.
Still no example but at least you acknowledge his stumbling.

I've never understood this hate for Plibersek.
The same as I never really understood the hate for Gillard.

Maybe I just don't see enough of Tanya? Can someone give me some examples of how bad she is? Video or report?
The only examples that rubs a lot of people the wrong way are her comments on Israel (once called it a rogue state) and same sex marriage (wants a binding vote).

Maybe I just don't see enough of Tanya? Can someone give me some examples of how bad she is? Video or report?
A lot of people who took an interest in politics when they decided that they didn't like a chick running things have mercifully disappeared from the political discourse.

I like this Jason Clare guy. Can't he replace Bill?. Pls.

Good performer. Talked a load of s**t though. The ALP rollout of the NBN was pathetic and costs would have blown out enormously.

Seems like Labor have gone for blue suits. A couple of years behind UK pollies.

This is probably not an accurate reflection of her as a person, but on camera she comes across to me as obnoxious with very little warmth. Similar to Christopher Pyne. She also seems to have an unhealthy Krudd-like fixation on symbolic issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mal weak as piss over Robert.

Probably the worst and most blatant case of abuse of ministerial position for some time.

You also have to question why Robert won't resign. Has he no morals?

This is probably not an accurate reflection of her as a person, but on camera she comes across to me as obnoxious with very little warmth. Similar to Christopher Pyne. She also seems to have an unhealthy Krudd-like fixation on symbolic issues.

Lacks polish and smarts. Some of her comments re foreign affairs are just down right embarrassing and factually wrong.

Mal weak as piss over Robert.

Probably the worst and most blatant case of abuse of ministerial position for some time.

You also have to question why Robert won't resign. Has he no morals?

he's politician, morals are boundaries to getting elected, let alone a ministerial position.

To be fair, you don't need a three word slogan when you can invent one new word that conveys the same meaning.

Like mansplaining. Which has a little red underline under it when I type it meaning it isn't a real word anyway.

If the new deputy PM was worried about Australia defaulting our loans in 2010, he must be genuinely terrified by now. Unless of course the whole budget emergency agenda waged by this government in opposition was bullshit.
There is no bs about it Gough and Libs are doing sfa to fix it. I have been told we have 5 more years at this rate of debt expansion before we are fked. Then budgetary cuts will be forced on us!

Is this the same dictionary that now includes under the definition of literally "metaphorically"?

Definition of literally in English:
adverb
.1 informal Used for emphasis while not being literally true: I have received literally thousands of letters

Yep. Credibility literally gone.

The bit in bold is the bit Punter cut out of his quote above:
literally Line breaks: lit|er¦al¦ly Pronunciation: /ˈlɪt(ə)rəli/
Definition of literally in English: adverb

1. In a literal manner or sense; exactly: the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout tiramisu, literally translated ‘pull-me-up’
More Example Sentences
Synonyms

1.1 informal Used for emphasis while not being literally true: I have received literally thousands of letters
i.e. Literally the worst example of good quoting, to go with literally the biggest stretch of logic to somehow try and bring Abbott's 3-word slogans into it...

I tend to feel men 'mansplain' to each other a lot of the time, so the extra gender emphasis probably isn't needed. But women tell me they get explained some pretty dumb things pretty often by men, so there you go.

Last edited:
Ratts is off the meds and is back to having a crack again.

I never suggested anyone was defining the word as no longer meaning what it actually means, just that a new anonym definition had been included, to the benefit of the death of common sense. Literally shouldn't mean "not literally true", it's just being incorrectly used.

Maybe they should have invented a nonsense word like mansplaining. Still got the red underline underneath it so someone is doing their job correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back