Mallee FL - Season 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie8b

Draftee
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What would happen if them two merged?? Would the league continue with 6 team?? I have heard sea lake trying to head to the cmfl and ouyen trying to head to the sunraysia football league could possibly be the end of the mallee?
. Tipping there would be a major restruction including possibly a couple of other leagues!! Can't see this year leaving much for the players that are to old for unders but not upto senior standard, if hopeteoun, jeparit and underbool can't man a seconds side couldn't see many of them type players hanging around to possibly have a bye every second week and only play 4 games or less games a round?? Not good signs

malleebull1

Draftee
Feb 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
. Tipping there would be a major restruction including possibly a couple of other leagues!! Can't see this year leaving much for the players that are to old for unders but not upto senior standard, if hopeteoun, jeparit and underbool can't man a seconds side couldn't see many of them type players hanging around to possibly have a bye every second week and only play 4 games or less games a round?? Not good signs

Good point, maybe the MFL should try what they are doing over here in the CMFL and bring in a under 18's comp. helps keep the young ones around the club developing their footy that aren't able to get into seniors yet. As for the mergers will just have to wait and see

hawks88

Debutant
Feb 18, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Word is billy mcciness will not be cleared to sea lake as he signed a two year deal with woorinen..Fair enough to theres no point having two year deals if the players are not going to honor them

Mexicanbeardcat

Draftee
Mar 15, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Any tacos on here mucho gracious senior spindali smw jnr 35

hawks88

Debutant
Feb 18, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I see there is a clearance in for robert lindsay back to ouyen, they have recruited exceptionally and will be very hard to beat..Any news on praccy matches over the weekend?

Charlie8b

Draftee
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have heard he must train twice a week for the next 4 wks to even be considered a starter, due to ouyens young kids that have been training all pre season get preference!

hawks88

Debutant
Feb 18, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have heard he must train twice a week for the next 4 wks to even be considered a starter, due to ouyens young kids that have been training all pre season get preference!
I couldnt imagine he would be the biggest fan of training..Is he going to fulfill this request do you think?

crassher

Debutant
Apr 12, 2009
mallee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I couldnt imagine he would be the biggest fan of training..Is he going to fulfill this request do you think?
had heard he is only wanting to play twos so that may be one way of bypassing the training schedule. How true the rumours are i don't know just what i've heard

Andyt33

Senior List
Feb 25, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins, Yarrawonga Pigeons
What would happen if them two merged?? Would the league continue with 6 team?? I have heard sea lake trying to head to the cmfl and ouyen trying to head to the sunraysia football league could possibly be the end of the mallee?
Benalla & District battled for a few seasons with 5 teams but were forced to fold by then the VCFL min is 6 clubs so Mallee is hanging by a thread. I never though Beulah and Hopetoun would merge.
I'm guessing Jeparit Rainbow would go Wimmera Direction or HDFL, so where would a merged Beulah an Hopetoun go north Central.? if that eventually happens its going to eventually happen massive changes not not just mallee be wimmera and HDFL.

Last edited:

hawks88

Debutant
Feb 18, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
had heard he is only wanting to play twos so that may be one way of bypassing the training schedule. How true the rumours are i don't know just what i've heard
He got sacked from his previous club in gol gol didnt he? I dont know why they want him back by the sounds of it he can cause a few headaches, they just got rid of cupido who caused nothing but trouble you would think they would want to stear clear of him??

Fish 20

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2008
In a little pond
AFL Club
Richmond
Benalla & District battled for a few seasons with 5 teams but were forced to fold by then the VCFL min is 6 clubs so Mallee is hanging by a thread. I never though Beulah and Hopetoun would merge.
I'm guessing Jeparit Rainbow would go Wimmera Direction or HDFL, so where would a merged Beulah an Hopetoun go north Central.? if that eventually happens its going to eventually happen massive changes not not just mallee be wimmera and HDFL.

To think when the Northern Mallee & the Southern Mallee merged leagues for the 1997 season the comp looked like this:

Berriwillock/Culgoa
Beulah
Brim
Hopetoun
Jeparit Rainbow
Manangtang
Nulawill
Ouyen United
Sea Lake/Nandaly
Walpeup/Underbool
Woomelang/Lascelles
Yaapeet

Beulah
Hopetoun
Jeparit/Rainbow
Ouyen United
Sea Lake Nandaly Tigers
Walpeup/Underbool
Woomelang/Lascelles

2015??

Kind of depressing really & I pose the question: If Beulah were to go to North Central, Ouyen to Sunraysia & Sea Lake go to Central Murray thus dispanding the league, where does that leave Walpeup/Underbool? They're kind of in no mans land

Andyt33

Senior List
Feb 25, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
To think when the Northern Mallee & the Southern Mallee merged leagues for the 1997 season the comp looked like this:

Berriwillock/Culgoa
Beulah
Brim
Hopetoun
Jeparit Rainbow
Manangtang
Nulawill
Ouyen United
Sea Lake/Nandaly
Walpeup/Underbool
Woomelang/Lascelles
Yaapeet

Beulah
Hopetoun
Jeparit/Rainbow
Ouyen United
Sea Lake Nandaly Tigers
Walpeup/Underbool
Woomelang/Lascelles

2015??

Kind of depressing really & I pose the question: If Beulah were to go to North Central, Ouyen to Sunraysia & Sea Lake go to Central Murray thus dispanding the league, where does that leave Walpeup/Underbool? They're kind of in no mans land
yeah i rembered when the 2 leagues merged Nullawil only lasted one year thats when it went down Hill .
Walpeup/ Underbool only other league would be the South Australia Mallee Football league they should have called the victorian one a different name to avoid the confusion.
Karoonda Districts
Geranium
Lameroo
Murryville
Ngallo
Parilla
Peake
Pinnaroo

murray and Pinnaroo are under 100km from underbool
and Karoonda District is the furtherest and only one over 2 hour trip one was

Fish 20

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2008
In a little pond
AFL Club
Richmond
This league did cross my mind but isn't Coonalpyn in that league now? That's a 3 hour drive from Walpy sometimes twice a year. Big ask for both teams each way

On the plus side, recruiting out of Adelaide or Murray Bridge or players travelling home to play will be made a little easier.

Feel for W/U if this is a path they may have to go down

Last edited:

Andyt33

Senior List
Feb 25, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
This league did cross my mind but isn't Coonalpyn in that league now? That's a 3 hour drive from Walpy sometimes twice a year. Big ask for both teams each way

On the plus side, recruiting out of Adelaide or Murray Bridge or players travelling home to play will be made a little easier.

r: 55038"]This league did cross my mind but isn't Coonalpyn in that league now? That's a 3 hour drive from Walpy sometimes twice a year. Big ask for both teams each way

Feel for W/U if this is a path they may have to go down[/quote]

Unless they merge with either MUrrayville and go that way or Ouyen United and go that way
and Coonalpyn dosnt have their own side anymore they merged
In 1992, the Border-Downs Magpies and Tintinara Blues amalgamated to form the Border-Downs Tintinara Crows Football Club hence they play a home game at Coonalpyn

Last edited:

globalfooty

Draftee
Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
r: 55038"]This league did cross my mind but isn't Coonalpyn in that league now? That's a 3 hour drive from Walpy sometimes twice a year. Big ask for both teams each way

Unless they merge with either MUrrayville and go that way or Ouyen United and go that way
In 1992, the Border-Downs Magpies and Tintinara Blues amalgamated to form the Border-Downs Tintinara Crows Football Club hence they play a home game at Coonalpyn[/quote]

Walpy would have to merge with Ouyen you'd reckon. That'd give them a handy side in the Sunraysia League. What happens to Woomelang if the league folds?

How viable is South Aussie's Mallee League based on remaining population in that region?

Fish 20

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2008
In a little pond
AFL Club
Richmond
In 1992, the Border-Downs Magpies and Tintinara Blues amalgamated to form the Border-Downs Tintinara Crows Football Club hence they play a home game at Coonalpyn

Walpy would have to merge with Ouyen you'd reckon. That'd give them a handy side in the Sunraysia League. What happens to Woomelang if the league folds?

How viable is South Aussie's Mallee League based on remaining population in that region?

With only six teams in the Mallee SA league stretching some huge kms, I'd say an alliance with Ouyen to compete in the Sunraysia would be the most viable option for long term. I've been removed from the area for some years so I don't know the how good the relationship is between Ouyen & W/U and whether it would be a take over rather than a merger.

Lets hope for the locals sake it doesn't come to any of this & the Mallee league keeps thriving as it's VCFL ranking of 12th suggests. Speaking of travelling thats a long road trip for the league to play Yarra Valley Mountain District later in the year

hawks88

Debutant
Feb 18, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Season kicks of in a couple of weeks. Its shaping up to be another strong year out in the mallee with some solid recruiting to most sides. Ouyen look set to be the biggest improvers, woomelang and sea lake look to have almost covered there losses and bealah have also recruited quite well. It looks like hopeton have got a few players which is good. Havent heard much at all on walpy and jeparit

My Ladder Prediction

Sea Lake
Bealah
Woomelang
Ouyen

Walpeup
Hopeton
Jeparit

Leage bnf- Corey Kelly or Simon Weekley

Grand Finalist- Either of the top four sides, Look what happened last year

Leading Goalkicker- Brad Vallance

Anyone else care to have a crack at this.

Charlie8b

Draftee
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not bad hawks, I am also hearing whispers of tyntender trying to secure some player from MFL can only think it would be SLNT players or W/L players. Ladder prediction. Belauh. . . Woomelang. Ouyen Hopeteoun. Sea lake nandaly tigers. Walpy underbool. Jeparit. League medal rooey Mckenzie. League goal kicker brad valance or cliff Ryan.

hawks88

Debutant
Feb 18, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Predictions for this week?? I am going to go with woomelang just over ouyen, sea lake over walpeup (I see josh stone has been cleared back to walpy for the week, could be a close game) and Bealah over Hopeton..I think the major improvers will be ouyen but may take a few weeks to gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back