Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

Crasher don't believe everything you hear, that figure is absolutely ridiculous! I know for a fact Beulah do not pay that much. They achieve the success through getting local boys back to the club who are all mates and who accept a lot less than what they can get elsewhere. What sonny and Knowles were getting a game would cover at least 4 quality local boys at Beulah. And u may ask how do I know what they are payed? And I don't know exactly, but everyone knows sonny doesn't go anywhere for under a grand a game and Knowles would have been on more than him per game!

love to know what a pinger is. everyone hears different stories but the ones circulating around this way is 170k on players beulah way. only know of a few players wages but they would have to play a few more years to get the wages up that high. as for locals all but four are born and bred ouyen .
Knowles, miller, connick, lindsay, joyce. thats five without trying pin head.

miller lives and works in town pin head

as for locals all but four are born and bred ouyen.

Miller was hired by pete caldow to work on the back of his football ability, was paid to play football and has been living in ouyen only since the start of the season. Pretty sure thats as far from "born and bred" as it gets you halfwit.

Miller was hired by pete caldow to work on the back of his football ability, was paid to play football and has been living in ouyen only since the start of the season. Pretty sure thats as far from "born and bred" as it gets you halfwit.
once again you are wrong he played the cricket season as well and i never said he wasnt paid dont think there would be many playing in any team thats not getting paid

Ouyen would have paid more out than Beulah, word in Adelaide was Knowles was on $2500 a game? If true thats 15000 grand for 6 games, I;m guessing Beulah's coach would have been on not much more than 15 grand!!! 20 max!

Ouyen would have paid more out than Beulah, word in Adelaide was Knowles was on $2500 a game? If true thats 15000 grand for 6 games, I;m guessing Beulah's coach would have been on not much more than 15 grand!!! 20 max!
if that figure is true its absolute crap that ouyen have paid that much. no wonder he didnt mind the travel.

Oh yeah 2.5k per game that is spot on and there were 6 other guys who got brand new cars and one who even had a new house built for him.......or that is what I heard. What a tool

Who cares. Blokes get paid to play and if clus want to spend ridiculous amounts then thats their business, if it works it works if it doesn't well then the are pushing s**t up hill

bottom line is ouyen walked away from the gf with a sore cheque book and f**k all else. life is sweet.

Fact of the matter is the Mallee Football League is in the middle of nowhere, where community population is rapidly decreasing. Clubs have to source other players from leagues such as Central Murray, Sunraysia, North Central & even Adelaide to prop up teams & push numbers back to form Reserves sides. The Mallee League is has no option but to pay players who shop themselves around for the highest bidder, as everyone knows if a town has no footy team then the town basically dies.

An example of this was Mal Michael & Courtney Johns being flown to Western Border league every week to play plus their $2000 per game

Money has been ripe in this area for years so the conversation is worthless. Clubs wil spend whatever it takes to win a flag an no the consequences if they dont win it.:thumbsdown:

Anyway some good news for Ouyen is that Ryan O'Callaghan has signed on again to coach in 2011. :thumbsu:

Rumour mill is that Connick will retire & will be replaced by Anthony Matthews from Mildura!!:eek: Good get if its true.............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bendigo league gun kain robins set to coach hopetoun in 2011. only on match days tho. ass. coaches will run the ship during the week.
just as a matter of interest boys how far is the drive eaglehawk, or bendigo, to hopetoun .... in hours not klicks pls.

bendigo league gun kain robins set to coach hopetoun in 2011. only on match days tho. ass. coaches will run the ship during the week.
just as a matter of interest boys how far is the drive eaglehawk, or bendigo, to hopetoun .... in hours not klicks pls.

He will be the best player in the league by so far it is not funny. Is great to see a local bloke going home to put something back in. He received some massive offers down here. Good luck to him and anyone who is going to try and stop him

Thats a massive signing for Hopetoun, something they have been chasing for years and were very close last year. Shooby should be able to attract a number of recruits and I would assume not many blokes would leave the club now! Hopetoun the early flyers in the recruiting stakes.

That would take 2 & 1/2 hours at least at the speed limit for one way.:eek:

He will be the best player in the league by so far it is not funny. Is great to see a local bloke going home to put something back in. He received some massive offers down here. Good luck to him and anyone who is going to try and stop him

And you would know everything about he mallee league? Who the best players are in the league etc and so on?

Woomelang have been offering huge coin to a lot of players so you would think they will improve.

A lot of the players they are offering huge coin to aren't great footballers. They are definately bumping up the prices of some average footballers around Swan Hill making it hard for them to stay with their local clubs. Also I'm with Roota, Robbins should tear it up in the Mallee league, I see he has just been named CHB in the Bendigo League team of the decade.

I agree Kain is a good player, but plenty have come into the mallee and come un stuck, yes he has had the experience of being here before but he needs the support around the ground.
Good luck to all that can have a run around next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back