Mallee Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they may need more than 4 or 5 judging their form in 2008. Sounds like they are taking a step in the right direction though. Does anyone have any names for these 5 players. Is one of them Bryce Scott who used to play at Sea Lake?

Bryce Scott is one also 2 maybe 3 others from that jindera side
Thanks Droughtsy,
Is there much talk about what the other clubs will be doing next year- coaches/players etc? Will Vorwerk continue coaching Underbool? Are the Adelaide boys going to continue to travel? Will the Weekley boys stay on at Sea Lake in 09?

Who are the coaches that have been appointed in the Mallee League?
Word is Woomelang have signed Ryan Tierney and Bryce Scott and a couple of mates.
If this is true, Tierney and Scott will be very good players in that league.
The Cats crop must be better than most others because these boys would not be cheap

Who are the coaches that have been appointed in the Mallee League?
Word is Woomelang have signed Ryan Tierney and Bryce Scott and a couple of mates.
If this is true, Tierney and Scott will be very good players in that league.
The Cats crop must be better than most others because these boys would not be cheap

Apparently there is four of them. All four played in the Jindera senior premiership side and all finished top 10 in their B & F count. Uncertain of names as yet. Droughtsey you seem to know a fair bit, any news on names? positions?

Apparently there is four of them. All four played in the Jindera senior premiership side and all finished top 10 in their B & F count. Uncertain of names as yet. Droughtsey you seem to know a fair bit, any news on names? positions?

Fantastic if W\L can pull this off. Great for them, great for the league.I hear O\U are after a couple of the Hards boys as well as a good fullforward from up Mildura direction. All good for the league.

I hear a rumour that col durie, craig sutton, wes harrison and troy ferrier may be making a ten year reunion return back to berri culgoa next year? apparently ferrier is living in echuca and durie, sutton and himself are in a car back to sea lake each week. could be an interesting pre season recruitment!

Can anybody confirm? Also heard maybe Wes Sewell?

The tigers have reappointed Coxy as a joint coach with Joey Summerhayes another local. Domaille is apparently staying on as a player and many X locals looking to come back for the year. Any talk on the Roos and if all there travellers are returning?

The tigers have reappointed Coxy as a joint coach with Joey Summerhayes another local. Domaille is apparently staying on as a player and many X locals looking to come back for the year. Any talk on the Roos and if all there travellers are returning?

Not sure- I have heard mixed news on them but sounds like they enjoy it but they are tired of the travel- fair enough, some of them have been doing it for 3 years, Whale and chicken for 2. Will be interesting to hear what happens!!!

Fantastic if W\L can pull this off. Great for them, great for the league.I hear O\U are after a couple of the Hards boys as well as a good fullforward from up Mildura direction. All good for the league.

No chance in trying to get the hard boys or in fact anybody from imps. One thing about Imps is they have the ability to keep players and not through $$. Success breeds success and when you play in a side that is a chance to win a flag most years why would you leave??
I gather the full-forward you are eluding to is Sonny or Haase?? I hear Sonny has had a falling out with Souths and Haase is finished also at souths!!

No chance in trying to get the hard boys or in fact anybody from imps. One thing about Imps is they have the ability to keep players and not through $$. Success breeds success and when you play in a side that is a chance to win a flag most years why would you leave??
I gather the full-forward you are eluding to is Sonny or Haase?? I hear Sonny has had a falling out with Souths and Haase is finished also at souths!!

Dunno about lindsy, think theyed had a gutfull of him, but Jason Bell was another rumor.Also heard Vorwerk has resigned at W/U as coach. Whale and the others ?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Bell will be at wenty for 2009, sonny is contracted to south for 2009 and Haase has a young family so cant see him traveling each wkd to play.
FF they are talking about could be Matthews or Eagle

Dunno about lindsy, think theyed had a gutfull of him, but Jason Bell was another rumor.Also heard Vorwerk has resigned at W/U as coach. Whale and the others ?????

So far the coaches in Mallee League are:

Walpe/Und: ??? Not Chris Vorwerk???
Ouyen: Danny O'Shannesy taking it on again
Hopetoun: ???
Beulah: Dale Shannon
Sea Lake Tige: Phil Cox + Joe Summerhayes
Woomelang Lasc: Todd Beasy
Jeparit/Rain: ???

Can anyone confirm or elaborate on any of these? Just how I see it from others posts and whispers about. Could well wrong...

Vorweek gets back from overseas in time to coach the Roos. Danny is having another go with the Demons. Guecko at Beulah again. Coxy and Joey the bosses at tigerland. Toddy takes over from Brenton Hogan and I am pretty sure Heard is coaching Jeparit Rainbow and they will improve with locals returning.
Lot of talk about Woomelang - but I think it is fair to say they need a fair few to make the top 4. Underbool apparently keeping all of them and trying to get Charles back also.

Vorweek gets back from overseas in time to coach the Roos. Danny is having another go with the Demons. Guecko at Beulah again. Coxy and Joey the bosses at tigerland. Toddy takes over from Brenton Hogan and I am pretty sure Heard is coaching Jeparit Rainbow and they will improve with locals returning.
Lot of talk about Woomelang - but I think it is fair to say they need a fair few to make the top 4. Underbool apparently keeping all of them and trying to get Charles back also.

yep all the adelaide boys staying on...charles will be back and a port adelaide rookie listed player from a couple of years ago mates with charles and the other adelaide boys is coming across. he was actually running water on GF day, I suppose he was just getting to no his new teamates!

yep all the adelaide boys staying on...charles will be back and a port adelaide rookie listed player from a couple of years ago mates with charles and the other adelaide boys is coming across. he was actually running water on GF day, I suppose he was just getting to no his new teamates!

Have they signed or just given their word. Ouyen thought they had players last year and that fell through at last minute. Pay cuts to get extra adelaide boys or a general sum that they can divide?? Be a strong comp if they all come and the other clubs players come as well...Looks for a healthy 2009 season if evryone can nail down their prospects. Harris, Noonan, chicken, nathan, charles, rookie and rumour of Mala that played a coupla yrs ago is a lot of spots filled.?

It maybe just me but is the mallee football league beginning to become near impossible to compete for most teams in this comp. Must give credit to W/U they have been a fantastic side over the past few years, but you don't have to be einstine to work out that if they lure these extra players back they have the flag already in the bag. Why would any weaker sides even think of spending hard earned dollars to buy players knowing the result will most likely not change in 2009. The big question we must ask each other is where does the buck stop, what is the limit. I really feel money is the ruination of country football how can all clubs keep up with it without losing interest from other clubs not in the hunt and not enough cash to strengthen their sides. Anyhow just a thought and would be interested to see your thoughts, good luck to all for season 2009.

It maybe just me but is the mallee football league beginning to become near impossible to compete for most teams in this comp. Must give credit to W/U they have been a fantastic side over the past few years, but you don't have to be einstine to work out that if they lure these extra players back they have the flag already in the bag. Why would any weaker sides even think of spending hard earned dollars to buy players knowing the result will most likely not change in 2009. The big question we must ask each other is where does the buck stop, what is the limit. I really feel money is the ruination of country football how can all clubs keep up with it without losing interest from other clubs not in the hunt and not enough cash to strengthen their sides. Anyhow just a thought and would be interested to see your thoughts, good luck to all for season 2009.

a club just has to get 1 or 2 marquee players, and the rest will come. good players attract good players

Apparently woomelang close to signing bloke from the east that is said to be the secong fastest man on earth behind usain bolt. was published in the grandfinal day crtiic also so he must be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back