Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Defeat Carlton

The delusion:
"I don't like doing any pump-ups but my last seven years in AFL football have been all in finals.

So the game hasn't changed dramatically in the space of six months. Seven years is seven years of getting sides in finals".

The reality: It's been 2 years and 7 months since he coached a team to a legitimate finals appearance and that's a long time in today's football.

"How do we restore confidence? Well after a loss you're closer to your next win".
How does that answer the question? After a few more losses they'll be as confident as ever of losing?

"... So you're underestimating Melbourne, okay, they did well against the Greater Western Sydney, they did well against St.Kilda and they beat Richmond in the NAB cup... "
So when they lose to GWS and the Saints it'll be "Well, they beat Melbourne..."

Add to the list and we should have some seriously good comedy to work with by the end of the year. Who knows, a Hollywood screenplay could result?

"We don't practice good disposal, we practice good disposal. We go and practice it and we practice all the exercises around it. We practice a short kick, a long kick and all the other kicks.."
Straight from Malthouse's mouth - now read it again with Grandpa Simpson's voice in your head.

"How do we restore confidence? Well after a loss you're closer to your next win".
How does that answer the question? After a few more losses they'll be as confident as ever of losing?
Not to mention it's not even necessarily true. He might just be one loss closer to getting sacked.

"... So you're underestimating Melbourne, okay, they did well against the Greater Western Sydney, they did well against St.Kilda and they beat Richmond in the NAB cup... "
I forgot; now he's at Carlton, preseason results are relevant. No-one else cares who beat who in a meaningless practice match.

I forgot; now he's at Carlton, preseason results are relevant. No-one else cares who beat who in a meaningless practice match.

Malthouse loves the preseason comp. He'd rather a nab cup than a premiership cup.

f4ac5af7895ca61770ca0f0a6f24d76e34daeb64031baf5d85cf444950bf0670.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to feel for him a bit. There was one question " how does this lost compare to the 02 and 03 loss". I assume he may have been talking about the grand finals but it didn't come through clearly. You could see Mick's face to wanted to unload on this guy but in light of recent press conferences he has been told to be nice.

For Mick to use last year's default entry into the finals as vindication for his coaching strategy illustrates the ego of the man. The Blues are in enormous trouble. A full rebuild is required and Mick is simply not up to that task.

Melbourne Defeat Carlton

----

-----
"And always remember the longer you live, the sooner you'll bloody-well die!"
From an old Irish folk song: see .

Why is everyone bagging Mick Malthouse, he is a great Collingwood man. He knew his coaching days was over, so he thought what was the best way to help Collingwood. I will go and bring Daisy with me who looks shot and go to Carlton and coach them to a wooden spoon GO MICK

And now he's almost guaranteed that Cam Wood will be there #1 ruck/forward/back/rover/etc - the mans a genius!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back