Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because

Mick, never one to shy away from blaming his players...

Well maybe your club shouldn't have said anything? Dick.

I like what you're trying to do. I wouldnt mind seeing the so-called journalists do a bit of analysing of past quotes to demonstrate how coaches shift their ground to fit the circumstances. Not that I would expect that from someone as braindead as Robbo. The problem with the media's attitude to Malthouse is that he can contradict what he said a couple of weeks before, and they just let him get away with it.

Carlton Board " Ok Brett. We are travelling all right, but what do you think we need to be a premiership side?"

Ratten "If I am being honest, I just think we need to take our time and develop within. We are already on the right path but it won't happen straight away."

Carlton Board "I see. How much more money do we need to spend to make it happen?"

Ratten "Well none really, we just build the side up to be competitive over time."

Carlton Board " I see. Get the f**k out of our club!"

Carlton Board "Get the most expensive coach you can find to replace him regardless of age or history. We are Carlton dammit! Everyone should see us coming!"

Carlton Board " Ok Mick. We are travelling all right, but what do you think we need to be a premiership side."

Mick " If I am being honest, we need to get the most expensive free agent available regardless of age or history."

Carlton Board "I smell what your cooking Mickolas. Money is no object just get it done."

Carlton Board "Ok Eddie Betts. We are travelling all right, but what do you think we need to be a premiership side?"

Betts "If I am being honest, based on my age and history, I think I deserve a small pay rise."

Carlton Board "I see. Get the f**k out of our club!"

I like what you're trying to do. I wouldnt mind seeing the so-called journalists do a bit of analysing of past quotes to demonstrate how coaches shift their ground to fit the circumstances. Not that I would expect that from someone as braindead as Robbo. The problem with the media's attitude to Malthouse is that he can contradict what he said a couple of weeks before, and they just let him get away with it.

So I guess when Mick flat out lied about calling Milne a rapist, that was out of context too?

Dude. Mick is an idiot.

So I guess when Mick flat out lied about calling Milne a rapist, that was out of context too?

Dude. Mick is an idiot.
But what he said, he said for the good of the game! You see it was actually a selfless and beautiful act by the venerable Mick Malthouse, who was then crucified by the media for the sins of the game. And then his coaching career died, and Daisy wept. But on the third day, Jeanne Pratt went to the tomb and found the stone had been rolled away, and Mick was back bigger than ever, and all could smell what Carltank were cooking.

"Look at ME, Look at Me".

Micky is becoming more and more like the crazy old guy on The Simpson every week.

" The Old Grey Mare, she ain't what she use to be, ain't what she use to be, ain't what she use to be."

(someone please install GIF here.)

"Look at ME, Look at Me".

Micky is becoming more and more like the crazy old guy on The Simpson every week.

" The Old Grey Mare, she ain't what she use to be, ain't what she use to be, ain't what she use to be."

(someone please install GIF here.)
2bb.gif

And you can clearly see Mark LoGiudice with Bart and Lisa in the background.

Carlton Board " Ok Brett. We are travelling all right, but what do you think we need to be a premiership side?"

Ratten "If I am being honest, I just think we need to take our time and develop within. We are already on the right path but it won't happen straight away."

Carlton Board "I see. How much more money do we need to spend to make it happen?"

Ratten "Well none really, we just build the side up to be competitive over time."

Carlton Board " I see. Get the f**k out of our club!"

Carlton Board "Get the most expensive coach you can find to replace him regardless of age or history. We are Carlton dammit! Everyone should see us coming!"

Carlton Board " Ok Mick. We are travelling all right, but what do you think we need to be a premiership side."

Mick " If I am being honest, we need to get the most expensive free agent available regardless of age or history."

Carlton Board "I smell what your cooking Mickolas. Money is no object just get it done."

Carlton Board "Ok Eddie Betts. We are travelling all right, but what do you think we need to be a premiership side?"

Betts "If I am being honest, based on my age and history, I think I deserve a small pay rise."

Carlton Board "I see. Get the f**k out of our club!"

which reminds me, we really need to do whatever it takes to get dangerfield

It's interesting that much of the rhetoric around Mick is his age.

He's only 61, which isn't that old really. Alex Ferguson retired at 70. Frank Lowry is 84 as is Warren Buffett.

If Mick ends up failing at Carlton, it might be because he hasn't changed with the times, and / or because he has lost motivation, and / or because he has lost confidence in himself, and / or whatever. Those things can be symptoms of aging if they're allowed to be, but aging certainly won't be the primary cause.

Last edited:

He's only 61, which isn't that old really. Alex Ferguson retired at 70. Frank Lowry is 84 as is Warren Buffett.

If Mick ends up failing at Carlton, it might be because he hasn't changed with the times, and / or because he has lost motivation, and / or because he has lost confidence in himself, and / or whatever. Those things can be symptoms of aging, but they're not the cause.

we could get him to present the premiers cup for the next 23 years or until he falls off the platform

If Mick ends up failing at Carlton, it might be because he hasn't changed with the times, and / or because he has lost motivation, and / or because he has lost confidence in himself, and / or whatever. Those things can be symptoms of aging if they're allowed to be, but aging certainly won't be the primary cause.

His age isn't an issue for me. It's the fact that he's not a good coach. There's plenty of young shitty coaches out here too.

His age isn't an issue for me. It's the fact that he's not a good coach. There's plenty of young shitty coaches out here too.

Was he ever a good coach? If so, at what point did he lose it?

Yes his coaching hasn't looked good at Carlton. They are the blues though, messed up many a coaches career. Prior to that his record isn't that bad. I'm no fan of MM but I think a reasonable view of history is going to judge him as a decent coach though flawed personality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been hoist on his own petard.

He was willing to tell Carlton they were in range of a flag with some fine-tuning. Either they were and he messed it up or he was telling them what they wanted to hear so he got the job but had other designs. The second is a bit flattering, I tend to the former view.

Coaches are overrated and have over-complicated the game. Plus, if you have a bunch of three-legged horses in a four-legged horse race, no coach is going to fix that.

Was he ever a good coach? If so, at what point did he lose it?
2011. The boundary line offense, frontal pressure defense combination was no longer as effective as it had been, and since then at Carltank he's continued to use it with predictable results.

lots of talk about how american coaches are in their 60s and can still "coach"...

I just saw this

If you watch closely you will see an australian NFL player short pass to one of his team-mates. It's legal in their game and evidently no one has thought of doing it before. If that doesnt indicate inflexibility to new ideas, I dont know what does...

We played a top team tonight that is full of champions

Don't think Mick is going to survive to much longer.
Poor Daisy is gonna be in tears.

Uh oh...
Carlton boss won't let Mick Malthouse comments slip
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-malthouse-comments-slip-20150522-gh7soc.html

'... Fairfax Media is aware of more than one Carlton boss who was displeased with Malthouse's media performance this week, and Trigg has made it clear that he – for one - will not let it slip.
It is the second glaring case this year of Malthouse making public comments that have contradicted the message of Carlton's hierarchy, and just the latest that has raised eyebrows at Princes Park...'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back