Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

well it seems that every media person is deciding to feast on the carcass .... i'm bemused by the fact that the people attending media conferences in the West Coast days were gutless. Now it seems everyone wants to ask Malthouse the hard questions. While I have no sympathy for the coach, I am totally disgusted in the Carlton President who has left his coach out to dry and done absolutely nothing.

I understand that his coach is protecting his own interests and the club is probably going to let him go at the end of the season, but that doesnt mean that the carlton President should just send his coach out to face the lions without a bit of support. If I was the Carlton President I would start with Mark Maclure. I'd tell him publicly to put up or shut up. If he wants to run the club, put his name up for ballot. The other thing he should do is to confirm that Malthouse will remain coach for the rest of the year....no ifs or buts. If he can back down on a commitment then no one is going to respect him. Geez, I dont even respect him now. He's got the face of a fat mongoose and he looks as shifty as some of the types from the underworld tv series.

Of course, in reality I want their president to stay. He will never be the president of a premiership team. I want the warm inner glow that I'm feeling at the moment to continue for years to come.

well it seems that every media person is deciding to feast on the carcass .... i'm bemused by the fact that the people attending media conferences in the West Coast days were gutless. Now it seems everyone wants to ask Malthouse the hard questions. While I have no sympathy for the coach, I am totally disgusted in the Carlton President who has left his coach out to dry and done absolutely nothing.

I understand that his coach is protecting his own interests and the club is probably going to let him go at the end of the season, but that doesnt mean that the carlton President should just send his coach out to face the lions without a bit of support. If I was the Carlton President I would start with Mark Maclure. I'd tell him publicly to put up or shut up. If he wants to run the club, put his name up for ballot. The other thing he should do is to confirm that Malthouse will remain coach for the rest of the year....no ifs or buts. If he can back down on a commitment then no one is going to respect him. Geez, I dont even respect him now. He's got the face of a fat mongoose and he looks as shifty as some of the types from the underworld tv series.

Of course, in reality I want their president to stay. He will never be the president of a premiership team. I want the warm inner glow that I'm feeling at the moment to continue for years to come.

Mick said a few patronising things about Trigg in his 5AA interview last week. (things that no employee should say about their boss in public) ...

... So the Trigg hit back in the media last night to remind folks who is boss ...

... I took Trigg's media performance yesterday to be step 1 in a process of moving Mick out the door.

Mick said a few patronising things about Trigg in his 5AA interview last week. (things that no employee should say about their boss in public) ...

... So the Trigg hit back in the media last night to remind folks who is boss ...

... I took Trigg's media performance yesterday to be step 1 in a process of moving Mick out the door.

I understand that Mick said some stupid things. However, the president of the club made a commitment. If they want to go a step further, they should bring Mick in and tell him that he wont be coach next year and then announce it.....job done. Maclure will shoot his mouth off about it not being fast enough but as President, I would just say that Maclure should put his money where his mouth is. In fact, I would phone Fox Footy and request to be interviewed by Maclure and tell him there and then.

Apparently MM has called the club to see if the last 3 years of the 5 year contract he was offered is still available.

Balmey answered and offered him a job carrying his food to games. MM initially accepted but on further analysis the offer was withdrawn as he did not have a truck license.

I understand that Mick said some stupid things. However, the president of the club made a commitment. If they want to go a step further, they should bring Mick in and tell him that he wont be coach next year and then announce it.....job done. Maclure will shoot his mouth off about it not being fast enough but as President, I would just say that Maclure should put his money where his mouth is. In fact, I would phone Fox Footy and request to be interviewed by Maclure and tell him there and then.

Couldn't disagree more.

Pretty sure Maclure would be a Carlton life member having played 248 games for them.

The President of a footy club has no moral authority over its members (except in extreme cases that involve racism, sexism, etc, etc).

The President reports to the members, it ain't the other way around.

Imagine if Ed came in here and said "Hey Markfs , I'd prefer if you kept your opinions of Buckley to yourself" ... Nek Minnit you'd be leading a huge lynch mob down to the Westpac Centre to remind Ed who's boss.

BTW, nobody understands that more than Ed himself, which IMHO is why he is so good at what he does.

If anything, Mick's recent comment about having lost respect for Maclure makes Mick look bad. Mick should simply say "Maclure is a passionate member of the Carlton community and he's entitled to be angry with our recent performances - I don't blame him. But I assure him and all our members and supporters that we are doing everything in our power to turn it around."

Can you specify what he said?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you specify what he said?

Mick was asked how Trigg was doing (in the context of it being an Adelaide radio station, and Trigg having moved from Adelaide FC)

Mick basically said that Trigg was struggling with having moved from a two club town to Melbourne where clubs eat themselves. You don't say things like that about your CEO.

Mick as asked how Trigg was doing (in the context of it being an Adelaide radio station, and Trigg having moved from Adelaide FC)

Mick basically said that Trigg was struggling with having moved from a two club town to Melbourne where clubs eat themselves. You don't say things like that about your CEO.

MM is just asking to be Sacked.

He is just Daring them to

MM is just asking to be Sacked.

He is just Daring them to

I don't know TD.

It's either that, or he's just politically naive.

I'm usually uncomfortable with labelling somebody who is a generation older than I am "politically naive" ... But in this case I think it's warranted.

He's playing the poor me card again.

Backing Carlton into a corner with his selfish comments so when he's sacked he can soon about it.

Did the same thing with us. He tried to make it look like he is the Victim and not the Cause of the Problem

Did the same thing with us. He tried to make it look like he is the Victim and not the Cause of the Problem

In his mind he is the victim so its not about trying to manipulate media views. Its quite astounding that MM has been able to create such loyalty in players yet when push comes to shove is himself totally egocentric. Still, thats MM. Should have been obvious to Carlton before they hired him. They way they are dealing with him just highlights the difference between the two clubs.

In his mind he is the victim so its not about trying to manipulate media views. Its quite astounding that MM has been able to create such loyalty in players yet when push comes to shove is himself totally egocentric. Still, thats MM. Should have been obvious to Carlton before they hired him. They way they are dealing with him just highlights the difference between the two clubs.

Carlton and Mick did it to try and stick it up Collingwood’s Ass and Make a Fool of Eddie and Co

Mick's problem starts even back at collingwood as he just has foot in mouth disease and doesn't no when to shhhh at the right moments, the media have a field day and put any spin on what he has to say as he talks in like a narky tone at times and it doesn't come across great to help him.
Still a great coach but walked into a S*it hole of a mess and it's going to be hard for him to come out of it building a team into a finals team as he
is just to old now which is sad to say.

Couldn't disagree more.

Pretty sure Maclure would be a Carlton life member having played 248 games for them.

The President of a footy club has no moral authority over its members (except in extreme cases that involve racism, sexism, etc, etc).

The President reports to the members, it ain't the other way around.

Imagine if Ed came in here and said "Hey Markfs , I'd prefer if you kept your opinions of Buckley to yourself" ... Nek Minnit you'd be leading a huge lynch mob down to the Westpac Centre to remind Ed who's boss.

BTW, nobody understands that more than Ed himself, which IMHO is why he is so good at what he does.

If anything, Mick's recent comment about having lost respect for Maclure makes Mick look bad. Mick should simply say "Maclure is a passionate member of the Carlton community and he's entitled to be angry with our recent performances - I don't blame him. But I assure him and all our members and supporters that we are doing everything in our power to turn it around."

There are times when you do the politically correct thing that endears you to the media types and there are times to draw a line in the sand. A coach needs to be supported even when you are going to dump him at the end of the year. So I disagree with your disagreement.

As for moral authority, the current Carlton president has been voted in by the carlton members to run the club. Mark Maclure is probably aiming for a bigger contract at Fox. If Eddie told me to pull my head in, I would say fair enough. "You got yourself elected. You did the hard yards. You put the plan in place and you got elected by the members". Once again, I say that if Maclure wants to make the decisions then go through the process and get elected and make the decisions. ..thats what i would say

Remove this Banner Ad

Back