Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

fROM tHE sCUM'S pREZ:
"The position of senior coach is one that we have consistently said would be reviewed in the second-half of the season. That had always been the club’s intention, however, we now believe it is in the best interests of our football club to alter our timeline," LoGiudice said.
"Our CEO, Steven Trigg, and myself met with Mick Malthouse today, and agreed that in the best interests of the club, we would make a decision on the future direction of our senior coaching position in the week of the bye, which is round 11.
"Mick supports our revised timeline and has again committed to stay the course.
"We are very mindful of the speculation surrounding the senior coaching role and the impact it is having. Out of care for all concerned we believe it is best to make a decision sooner than previously indicated and that the bye round represents an appropriate time."
I daresay they have already made up their mind.

It is bizarre that a club can have 3 x number 1 draft picks followed by a number 6 pick and adding Chri$ Judd has been so rubbish and in the position they are in now.

Carlton will get flogged by the Swans next week, not a 100 point belting because they're coming off a torrid game, but it'll be a 50 point margin.

Malthouse will be sacked on the Monday.

They have churned out some of the worst performances I've ever seen over the past few weeks.

Carlton since 03 have had these low picks and pre season draft slots:

2003 - #2 Walker
PSD #2 N.Stevens

2004 - #9 Russell
#25 A.Hartlett
PSD #3 E.Betts

2005 - #1 M.Murphy
#4 J.Kennedy (Later traded WCE Judd)
#20 P.Bower
PSD #1 D.Mclaren

2006 - #1 Gibbs
#17 Hampson (Traded Richmond)
#19 Grigg (Traded Richmond)
PSD #1 C.Ackland

2007 - #1 Kruezer
#3 on traded to WCE Judd (Masten) C.Rioli, Dangerfield, H.Taylor just some other names available.
#20 on traded to WCE Judd (Notte)
PSD #2 Pfeifer

2008 - #6 Yarran
#24 (Traded for Warnock Fremantle N.Suban)
PSD #4 C.Johnson (Melbourne)

2009 - #11 (Traded B.Mclean Melb)
#12 K.Lucas (Fevola trade plus L.Henderson former top 10 pick)

2010 - #18 Watson

2011 - #22 Bootsma

2012 - #11 Menzel

2013 - #13 Cripps

2014 - #19 Boekhorst

So -

1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 20, 22, 24 and 25. 18 Top 25 draft picks they have had access too.

It is bizarre that a club can have 3 x number 1 draft picks followed by a number 6 pick and adding Chri$ Judd has been so rubbish and in the position they are in now.

Carlton will get flogged by the Swans next week, not a 100 point belting because they're coming off a torrid game, but it'll be a 50 point margin.

Malthouse will be sacked on the Monday.

They have churned out some of the worst performances I've ever seen over the past few weeks.

I'm tipping a 100pt + thumping.

The scum are shite enough already but are about to enter full on tank mode.

Given the Warnock selection the other night they might already have.

Tanking is the only thing they do well these days.

1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 20, 22, 24 and 25. 18 Top 25 draft picks they have had access too.

That's extraordinary, when seen laid out like that. Carlton's mismanagement of their drafting and trading has been on a grand scale.

I'm tipping a 100pt + thumping.

The scum are shite enough already but are about to enter full on tank mode.

Given the Warnock selection the other night they might already have.

Tanking is the only thing they do well these days.
Let's see them waste another number 1 pick. Can't wait

It is odd. Legal complications? It wouldn't be $$$ based, paying him out, surely?
Takes two weeks to make 8 tonnes of sausages for the farewell BBQ

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2003 - #2 Walker
PSD #2 N.Stevens

2004 - #9 Russell
#25 A.Hartlett
PSD #3 E.Betts

2005 - #1 M.Murphy
#4 J.Kennedy (Later traded WCE Judd)
#20 P.Bower
PSD #1 D.Mclaren

2006 - #1 Gibbs
#17 Hampson (Traded Richmond)
#19 Grigg (Traded Richmond)
PSD #1 C.Ackland

2007 - #1 Kruezer
#3 on traded to WCE Judd (Masten) C.Rioli, Dangerfield, H.Taylor just some other names available.
#20 on traded to WCE Judd (Notte)
PSD #2 Pfeifer

2008 - #6 Yarran
#24 (Traded for Warnock Fremantle N.Suban)
PSD #4 C.Johnson (Melbourne)

2009 - #11 (Traded B.Mclean Melb)
#12 K.Lucas (Fevola trade plus L.Henderson former top 10 pick)

2010 - #18 Watson

2011 - #22 Bootsma

2012 - #11 Menzel

2013 - #13 Cripps

2014 - #19 Boekhorst

So -

That would make me sick as a supporter. That's just woeful recruitment and development.

Stuff that would sick in my craw is drafts like 2009 - they took Lucas when Talia, Jetta, Fyfe, Carlisle, Sam Reid, Christensen and co were on the table.

Just think, their forward line could have Kennedy and Betts in it right now. Instead they've got old Juddy and Thomas limping around.

Good luck to you Mick, you've got a crap club, a crap list, a crap captain, crap admin and a defeated gameplan.

/schadenfreude

Had a look over at the Scums board and noticed an interesting list of 'Who Would You Like As Next Coach".

Please let it be Vossy.:drunk:

I voted Ratts just for the laughs!

They are a rabble and to think they truly believed Madhouse/Messiah could perform a miracle for them!

Last edited:
I voted Ratts just for the laughs!

They are a rabble and to think they truly believed Madhouse/Messiah could perform a miracle for them!
I voted crazy Vossy for the lulz

It is odd. Legal complications? It wouldn't be $$$ based, paying him out, surely?

It can only be about money I think. For MM it is about deciding what is more important to him- money or dignity. If he leaves he is kissing away up to $500k for half a year.

For the club it is weighing up the cost of getting rid of him with the cost of keeping him. When you start getting $16k to the games then it becomes an issue.

I think they will come to an agreement on a payout and he will be gone at the bye.

Unfortunately that only leaves us with Daisy as our internal destabiliser.

Can we have all the non-press conference posts moved to a separate "MM vs the karma bus" thread?

He needs two weeks to get the necessary accreditation for his new role at the club, ie. he needs his boat license before becoming Director of Hovercrafting.

Carlton folks are supersensitve about the club making rash 'quick fix' decisions. Many see that that's what has led to their demise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back