Malthouse claims Trigg admits Adelaide had Betts 'stitched up' with 18 months to go on his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good to hear that Mick is falling out with some Carlton players. I always suspected that he would be the sort to have favorites. Karma is a bitch Mick. For your treatment of the AFC and your choice to slurr Eddie Betts to feed your enormous ego you will always be remembered as a flawed individual who was all about himself to the bitter end. Enemy of the AFC for ever!

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I've always liked Malthouse on AA so I'll reserve my judgement on him for now. It's poor form that he has said what he did. If, in any of his upcoming interviews, he doesn't accept that he misunderstood what Trigg meant in the meeting and wants to continue in this direction to burn others only to get to Trigg then he's a prick.
Even if true, the signing of Betts is no different to any other signing of any other FA or most contracted players. I'm sure Hawthorn had struck a deal with Gunston before he came out of contract. I'm sure Carlton had struck a deal with Thomas when he was still at Collingwood.
So for Mick's sake and the rest of the footy world , I hope he comes out and agrees that it was a misunderstanding otherwise there's going to be a lot of players, clubs and managers very very worried all thanks to Mick.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I still don't understand the Malthouse slur on Betts. Ok he wanted to pot Trigg but in 2013 Carlton made the finals and even won one thanks to Eddie. To say his mind was elsewhere and playing cautious football in 2013 has no relevance to their s**t performances in 14/15. He should have left his comments about Eddie to missing him now and justification of why they are bottom.

Also in 2013 did Mick think of giving Eddie game time in the middle and back of the square? No? Why not? You've just been showed up by a first year coach.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
I'm not sure it applied to Davis but wasn't there a 2 week window between seasons where the expansion clubs could formally sign a player even if they had a season left to serve at their current club. Vaguely recall this being a bit of an issue.

Well I didnt know that but yeah.
Either way... A player is allowed to state that he's leaving whenever he likes.

This is just a non-issue. As long as he didnt physically agree/sign anything.

Dear Rucci,

How often every day do you weep on the inside at your own irrelevance in sport reporting in this country? I mean you try really hard to appear like you have some idea of what is going on, but in reality you know that no one in the football industry likes you and they actively avoid you, so you have to resort to fluff pieces with little substance or waiting for another media organisation to print something so you can use that as 'inspiration'. So again do you weep inside? Because you do know you are useless, and disliked pretty much universally, right? You are aware of this? You are aware when someone in the industry sees that you have tweeted them or tagged them they cringe, and they think "oh s**t, not this dickhead again". You think your "banter" is "witty" and funny but really it is just pathetic and everyone is laughing at you, not with you.

You're an average sports writer in a town where you face no competition, writing for a joke of a paper, your career hasn't been impressive and your best (if you can call it that) is most certainly behind you. You should just retire with what microbe of dignity you have left in that sad little soul of yours.

I'd pity you, but it is all your own doing.

You're a loser.

Love
The Human Race
You know what? This would be classed as bullying. You might think he's a dickhead (as most of us do) but if you sent this to him you'd be no better. Charlotte Dawson was the recipient of a sustained social media attack and received many emails/tweets just like this. She committed suicide. Please, please - think about things before you write them. There are consequences.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
You know what? This would be classed as bullying. You might think he's a dickhead (as most of us do) but if you sent this to him you'd be no better. Charlotte Dawson was the recipient of a sustained social media attack and received many emails/tweets just like this. She committed suicide. Please, please - think about things before you write them. There are consequences.

That's way too long for a tweet Jenny. Rucci could always stop being a flog and actually choose to be a proper journo.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I reckon Rooch may have had worse sent to him.

Also think he would love the fact someone spent time to send such a message. Feeding his ego.

Dawson was not a hardened journo who built a career out of people not liking her.

Personally I think some of what Rooch has said is valid. He is going a bit extreme in.his suggestions that we have.cheated and.asking.his readers what the punishment should be. But he does have a valid point in.that it should be investigated. Which is what is happening.

Did enjoy a Bicks cutting him down on AA though. Basically calling him a tabloid journo and calling.him out about his article and not letting Rooch not take responsibility for writing such "click bait".

skoobydoo

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2012
Under the Southern Cross
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bite Basebal Crystal Brook Roosters

I agree with you Jenny. However, Rucci's deliberate campaign of carefully worded inferences to discredit all things AFC can also be seen as a form of privileged bullying. There is a saying, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.

I agree Jenny, that is way too over the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've always liked Malthouse on AA so I'll reserve my judgement on him for now. It's poor form that he has said what he did. If, in any of his upcoming interviews, he doesn't accept that he misunderstood what Trigg meant in the meeting and wants to continue in this direction to burn others only to get to Trigg then he's a prick.
Even if true, the signing of Betts is no different to any other signing of any other FA or most contracted players. I'm sure Hawthorn had struck a deal with Gunston before he came out of contract. I'm sure Carlton had struck a deal with Thomas when he was still at Collingwood.
So for Mick's sake and the rest of the footy world , I hope he comes out and agrees that it was a misunderstanding otherwise there's going to be a lot of players, clubs and managers very very worried all thanks to Mick.
Phil Davis has a press conference midseason ffs! But that seems to be ok.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz

The difference is that Rucci deliberately encourages and actively partakes in this sort of stuff.

If you look at Rucci's twitter feed it's blatantly obvious that he attempts to bait people into responding. He's been posting pictures of people sweeping things under the carpet and tagging the AFC in the photo and there's also an inflammatory tweet with a photo of Steven Trigg and Eddie Betts with the following caption "Seems @AFL free agents DO sign while under contract. @IntegrityUnit".

As his favourite coach Ken Hinkley once said "you get what you deserve"

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I also think Rooch has a valid point in the fact the AFL.goes through the cherade of players deciding where they want to go in October.

Players are contacted and.agree to join.clubs outside the official window. We all know it happens why pretend it doesn't.

Rooch has some valid points. Just a pity he always writes with.such negative undertones that fit his agendas.

Tex Support

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Houston, UT Longhorns
I still don't understand the Malthouse slur on Betts. Ok he wanted to pot Trigg but in 2013 Carlton made the finals and even won one thanks to Eddie. To say his mind was elsewhere and playing cautious football in 2013 has no relevance to their s**t performances in 14/15. He should have left his comments about Eddie to missing him now and justification of why they are bottom.

Also in 2013 did Mick think of giving Eddie game time in the middle and back of the square? No? Why not? You've just been showed up by a first year coach.
Didn't he have a broken jaw + other injury niggles in 2013 too? He missed a nice chunk of time.

But but but... F**k off Malthouse.

Wright Away

Cancelled
Aug 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It could, but it isn't because I didn't send it to him.

Besides, he is allowed to write opinion pieces, so am I.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree. People have had their say on this I reckon and we have made our feelings clear. Time to talk about footy again.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I also think Rooch has a valid point in the fact the AFL.goes through the cherade of players deciding where they want to go in October.

Players are contacted and.agree to join.clubs outside the official window. We all know it happens why pretend it doesn't.

Rooch has some valid points. Just a pity he always writes with.such negative undertones that fit his agendas.

You've hit the nail on the head, Rucci has no crediblity because he is unable to seperate his personal views from his professional ones and his articles are often deliberately slanted in a way to fit his agenda. He's essentially the SA football equivallent of Andrew Bolt.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jenny, I was online last night and the problem with your assertion above is that it was crystal clear that Rucci was trolling Mr_Smooth, reading this board and baiting other users with his tweets. When someone gives

Bacon8

Cancelled
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sunderland, Penguins, Strikers
You've hit the nail on the head, Rucci has no crediblity because he is unable to seperate his personal views from his professional ones and his articles are often deliberately slanted in a way to fit his agenda. He's essentially the SA football equivallent of Andrew Bolt.

Adelaide's own, Andrew Bolt.

Or do we not claim him?

(Admittedly, I have never watched/read/subscribed to anything Andrew has done)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back