Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a team aiming to finish in the top 4, we really should be taking more than 5 ******* points out of a possible 15 against Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley and Leicester City, couldn't have asked for a more favourable draw to start the season.

Just deplorable the state we are in at the moment, we've fallen so far.

Absolutely dreading the games against Chelsea and City.

Again, our defence :(

Could hardly sleep last night after the game, just kept thinking about it. It really was unbelieveable, just shouldn't happen.

Agree with you gandalf, 1 poor season is ok, but 2 and things could really go south, we'll struggle to keep our star players, they'll want CL.
Well that's it. Our main advantage is the finances that back us, but that'll start turning pretty quickly if fans drop off and sponsors stop paying. Also wasn't there a clause in our new Adidas deal where we got more if we made CL?

Well that's it. Our main advantage is the finances that back us, but that'll start turning pretty quickly if fans drop off and sponsors stop paying. Also wasn't there a clause in our new Adidas deal where we got more if we made CL?
Yeah it goes down from 70 million to 50 million a year.

Seems like an attitude issue at moment at any rate. Sure our defenders aren't great, but * me show some courage and some balls when the game's on the line. Don't just roll over. The mindset of most players is utter shite, and the longer we play like this, the more likely fresh players like Di Maria and Falcao adopt similar mindsets

January can't come quick enough, we desperately need defensive reinforcements, another 2 CB are needed and possibly RB.

Forget Ronaldo, we already have one of the best attacks in the world, our defensive midfield area and defence is atrocious, needs fixing swap.

I think some of you underestimate the talent of centre halves going around. Look at how Roma keeping identifying and developing talent. Marquinhos, Benatia, Castan have all been standouts in recent times. Manolas who was linked with Arsenal this windows has looked absolutely superb, just like he showed at the World Cup. Disregard Serie A, Bayern don't grab any old CB to play for them. 2 seasons ago, Benatia was picked up for 13m Euros from Udinese. Marquinhos was picked up for like 3m or something ridiculous from the Brazilian league. He looks every bit the standard of a world class centre half, very much in the mold of Thiago Silva.

It's about identifying talent. Dont need to splurge on big names all the time. Our buying has been shocking because we seem to be so narrow minded in searching for viable transfer targets

Definitely. We need to identify se talent no doubt, I know it's good to get some big established names in, but a full squad of it isn't good. I'd like us to make some cheap signings on some exciting young prospects.

There's no doubt we need a leader in defence, someone with grunt who will keep everything in order and control the back 4, Smalling, Evans and Blackett, all play like they're super nervous and like they NEED a Vidic next to them to help them.

No excuses this week against west ham, should win, let's get a run going, we need one.

In a hypothetical world would you have spent the ADM money on Hummels? It's a tough one for mine, ADM is probably the main reason we're scoring goals at the moment but Hummels at the back would make us 10x better.

I'd buy both.

Hummels won't cost ADM money anyway. He'll likely be the record CB signing but would still be around 35-40m IMO.

Tin foil hat on but the gift to BD of Kagawa for basically nothing might come back up.

I'd buy both.

Hummels won't cost ADM money anyway. He'll likely be the record CB signing but would still be around 35-40m IMO.

Tin foil hat on but the gift to BD of Kagawa for basically nothing might come back up.

Hummels would be a massive signing for us, we'll probably have one of the strongest teams in Europe all of a sudden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen any Spanish football this season but Pique has been pretty average for the season and a half beforehand IMO, has looked a shadow of his former self at times.

Hummels would be an amazing addition but I just can't see him leaving Dortmund tbh.

would of thought the group we have should be good enough dealing with the teams we have faced... the guys need to *ing lift

so smalling injured again! this is ridiculous. we wont have anyone for this weekends game... lol

so smalling injured again! this is ridiculous. we wont have anyone for this weekends game... lol

Worse case Blind drops back to CB for a game.

Shaw will come in and Rojo will go to CB.

Worse case Blind drops back to CB for a game.

Shaw will come in and Rojo will go to CB.
that is what it will have to be. Valencia is looking likely to be quite the handful this weekend

Given the points we have picked up and the teams we have played their is a strong possibility that in a months time we find ourselves near the relegation zone....oh we are already there after having the "soft" draw.......just saying

There would be something seriously wrong if a team with players such as di Maria, rooney, mata, van persie, Falcao, de Gea, herrera, Shaw etc were in the relegation zone after 10 games.

If that was to happen is be asking serious questions about the club and everyone involved with it.

There would be something seriously wrong if a team with players such as di Maria, rooney, mata, van persie, Falcao, de Gea, herrera, Shaw etc were in the relegation zone after 10 games.

If that was to happen is be asking serious questions about the club and everyone involved with it.

Reckon everybody in here thought we would be up the top end given our easy draw.

We are a mess at the back and I am dreading some of our fixtures coming up. It will make or break our season.

I had us 2nd behind chelsea after 5 games, and really, that's how it should be, but * me, 5pts?

Now I'm like you, dreading some of the games, we could leak a record amount of goals in a game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back