Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the fact that DDG is growing into the role. When all the doubters were hounding him on other soccer boards as he flapped a few. I recall stating once he grew stronger and confident in his ability to belong in this league and at this club he would be one of the best in the world. He was already a top shot stopper, now he is an outstanding keeper and if not for him between the posts we would have been red faced again.

Love the fact that DDG is growing into the role. When all the doubters were hounding him on other soccer boards as he flapped a few. I recall stating once he grew stronger and confident in his ability to belong in this league and at this club he would be one of the best in the world. He was already a top shot stopper, now he is an outstanding keeper and if not for him between the posts we would have been red faced again.

He was 21, the flak he copped when he first joined was ridiculous.

the assist by Mata was class perfect weight. back in the top 4!

Mata was average, but did some really good things, his vision and passing is exceptional.

How good has di Maria been for us though? Puts fear into the defenders, has a terrific left foot, already 3 goals and is fitting in perfectly.

Falcao finally got that lucky break, hopefully now the monkey is off the back he will be more relaxed and use his technique when shooting, was rushing everything last night.

Luke Shaw was great I thought, apart from the penalty, he has cemented his spot in the side.

Is it just me or does Rooney slow down our attack? Last night we had options everywhere. Di Maria and Mata play well together.
I tend to think this about Rooney and Van Persie. Van Persie still seems to have a certain level of flair though, and most of the time, his touch is impeccable. As for Mata, I thought he was below average last night. There was an instance in the 2nd where he was legitimately 2 seconds behind in terms of reactions, and an Everton player picked his pocket. Not sure if that's due to lack of game time, or if he just really isn't up to playing at this level anymore

I tend to think this about Rooney and Van Persie. Van Persie still seems to have a certain level of flair though, and most of the time, his touch is impeccable. As for Mata, I thought he was below average last night. There was an instance in the 2nd where he was legitimately 2 seconds behind in terms of reactions, and an Everton player picked his pocket. Not sure if that's due to lack of game time, or if he just really isn't up to playing at this level anymore
Wow what an overreaction in regards to Mata.

He is world class and one of our best players.

Wow what an overreaction in regards to Mata.

He is world class and one of our best players.
Based on his performance last night, I don't think it's unfair. As I said, could be lack of game time, but based on last night, Rooney takes his spot back easily

I just think he's performances are reflecting that of a player who is unsure on what his role is in the side and also unsure if he has a future at the club.

If LVG were to say to him you are our no.10 and you've got a starting spot I think he would be performing a lot better, but he wasn't attocious last night, not great but an honest display.

Agree with pantskyle, he is world class and one of our best players at the club.

Again, just loving di Maria, he's become a fan favourite instantly, and looks like he absolutely loves it at United.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on his performance last night, I don't think it's unfair. As I said, could be lack of game time, but based on last night, Rooney takes his spot back easily
So one ok but not great game is enough for you to completely write off a world class player at this level?

So one ok but not great game is enough for you to completely write off a world class player at this level?
I said in my post that I wasn't sure if it was just lack of game time OR if he just wasn't up to the standard anymore? But sure, I completely wrote him off without a second thought.

I said in my post that I wasn't sure if it was just lack of game time OR if he just wasn't up to the standard anymore? But sure, I completely wrote him off without a second thought.
So you gave two options with one writing him off.

I'll answer it for you so your mind doesn't come up with stupid thoughts.

It was lack of game time.

He can be a rampaging bull like Micah Richards. He's quite strong for a teenager, highlighted by that run he made in the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back