Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a Di Maria type talent to get anywhere in Europe in my opinion.
Fair enough, but you don't think Depay is that?

Yeah big loss, he was average last season but still had a lot of assists. It annoys me because we broke the English record to get him, £59m and we won't get to see his best because he is already ******* off.

Why did we get him in the first place if he wanted PSG?

nbaman1 is right in saying you need a type of player like Di Maria to go anywhere in Europe. And on Depay, he looks promising and exciting, but can't call him a gun or superstar yet, let's wait and see. I'm all for getting Pedro now.

Yep no point keeping ADM if he doesn't want to be here. I respect de Gea a lot more for his professionalism. I'm just happy we'll get 45 mil quid back. There isn't much going around to suggest that there is a PSG player coming our way. di Maria is a huge loss due to what he is capable of but our youngsters, with another pre-season under LVG, and the improvement i've seen from them on the tour, give me a lot of optimism for the future.

Update of my squad (27 players):
GK: de Gea, Romero, Lindegaard
RB: Darmian, McNair, Valencia
CB: New signing, Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Blind, McNair
LB: Shaw, Blind, Rojo
CDM: Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin
CM: Schneiderlin, Herrera, Schweinsteiger
ACM: Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Pereira
LW: Depay, Young, Januzaj, Pereira
RW: Mata, Januzaj, Pereira
ST: Rooney, Januzaj, Wilson, Hernandez

My best 11:

---------------------- de Gea ---------------------------
--Darmian---Smalling---Otamendi/Ramos---Shaw---
------------------------------Carrick---------------------
------------Schneiderlin---------------------------------
------Mata----------------Schweinsteiger-----Depay---
-----------------------Rooney----------------------------

Di Maria is a huge loss. Would love to see us go after Bale now but that won't happen.

Would love Bale, right age, the type of player we need, fits the bill perfectly, but won't leave Madrid. IMO it would be better for him to be at United rather than the circus club Madrid, a bit of bias there of course though.

It's a slight possibility, that if he continues to get booed and Benitez is sacked and they sign a new shiny toy, he may see the light and want to come to us after this season.

Di Maria at his best is a huge loss. The Di Maria we saw for 95% of last season, not so much.

Desperately need another striker.

I forgot about Pedro, i'll have him on either wing. He's basically Mata with pace so i'll put him on RW.
Watched the replay and Pedro played. He was okay, i'm pretty sure he didn't get any shots away, in front of our solid defence.
Barca were not at their best and the same can be said about him too.
He'll fit in perfectly with our philosohy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really dont get why we are suddenly playing a 4231 instead of a 433 especially after buying 2 central mids, just seems a waste if only 2 are going to be used at one time instead of 3.

I think we're just using this because it's just the best way to fit everyone in for pre season, right now I think LVG just cares about fitness and this formation has been the best way to manage game time for the players we had available.

I'm not reading anything into Herrera being in the second XI tbh, it makes no sense playing him with Carrick when they have already established a good relationship. Going by the way we've played in preseason though I'm starting to think it looks like Bastian and Carrick will be competing for the number 6 role, with Herrera keeping his spot and Schneiderlin replacing Fellaini in the 433 we used in our run home last season.

Cant believe Herrera cant get a game, would be 1st or 2nd picked for me. Playing him at no 10 with Depay replacing Young makes too much sense for Louis.

That first game against club America when I saw Depay starting in behind Rooney I instantly thought to myself, ohh no here we go again with this ****ing bullshit.

Grabbing Depay, I thought we would have 2 of Depay/ADM/Young on the wing with Herrera through the middle in behind Rooney. You would have thoguht that Herrera's second half of the season would have been enough to prove to LVG that he warrants a selection in our starting 11.

Now with ADM pretty much gone (Ibrahimovic even welcomed him to the club over twitter #awkward) Id like to see either Pedro if we get him or Mata out wide on the right. Mata was another who had a strong second half of the season, and just has this uncanny ability to sneak into the box unmarked and get into some really dangerous positions.

Anyways, My 11 would be:
-------------DDG----------------
Darmian Smalling Jones Shaw
-----Schwein-- Schneider-----
------ Herrera/Mata--------
Pedro/Mata ----------- Depay
------------Rooney------------

Carrick becomes depth for mine along with Young. As good as he is, and has been for united, Schweinsteiger is a far, far better player and provides so much more protection to our defence. If we are talking about our BEST XI, then Carrick is not in it anymore.

I swear to god if Valencia is starting every game over Darmian and Herrera is wasting away on the bench with a very dangerous winger in Depay playing through the middle, im going to have no hair left by October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back