Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
IMO Buckleys Jocks, RVP was never going to be Captain. Yes he was leading the Dutch side but leading your country at games which are spread out over the year is totally different to leading a side day in day over a full EPL/EC/Cups campaign. He was at the end of his career and was never an option for mine.

If Carrick had of been younger he would have got my nod and if DDG was a little older and was committed to United as he seems now then he also would be in front of Rooney.

The lack of options was highlighted by the fact Fletcher was giving the VC. The guy might be loyal but during his career he had 1 really good season and was much maligned for the majority of it. Why...because he was an average player.

We will not totally agree with Rooney and his wanting out of the club. So lets just park that one.

Rooney was just in the right place at the right time when Van Gaal took over, not many other options with Evra and Vidic just leaving.
Carrick, if he stays on the park, is a good captain.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
IMO Buckleys Jocks, RVP was never going to be Captain. Yes he was leading the Dutch side but leading your country at games which are spread out over the year is totally different to leading a side day in day over a full EPL/EC/Cups campaign. He was at the end of his career and was never an option for mine.

I agree he wouldn't have been a good choice but it was pretty widely assumed at the time that he would be. Personally I think Carrick would have made a good choice considering his influence and his football intelligence, he's quite clearly a leader at the club but I'm just not sure he has a big enough personality to be THE leader, kind of like Scholes, Rooney ticks that box comfortably though IMO.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
upload_2015-9-30_7-26-24.png

Interesting. With Darmo playing LB, wouldn't mind seeing Varela given a run at RB. Solid fullback, has a bit of that Uruguayan campaigner about him too. Was first choice for Castilla last season. Interesting that Love is training with the 1's too. Why would LVG bring 2 academy RB's into first team training.......

Harrop is an exciting CM but has been plagued by injuries for the last few years. James Weir is a bit meh but has been playing well of late at CM.

Lingard, Pereira, McNair and Wilson trained with the first team as well.

Last edited:

rooboy_07

King In The North
Nov 7, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Trailblazers, SJSharks
Big game tomorrow morning against quality opposition. Need the 3pts to kick start our UCL campaign

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Bojan KantKick what do you reckon Paddy Mcnair's chances are of making it?

I reckon he looked fairly solid in stages last season and even didn't look too out of place at right back for a big lad. Has decent athleticism, but probably playing there for a full season will take its toll on his body.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bojan KantKick what do you reckon Paddy Mcnair's chances are of making it?

I reckon he looked fairly solid in stages last season and even didn't look too out of place at right back for a big lad. Has decent athleticism, but probably playing there for a full season will take its toll on his body.
New John O'Shea imo. Love his versatility (RB, CB, DM), excellent passer of the ball and is confident on the ball. Will definitely 'make it' whether it is here or elsewhere. Has plenty of upside. Our young CB's can learn a fair bit from Daley about positioning and the tactical side of the game so i hope they are listening.

When we lost at Stamford Bridge 1-0 last year, McNair and Herrera were our best players. I think it was McNairs 4th start. Lukaku scored on Monday night. It's taken him 12 months, but he's managed to find his way out of Paddy's pocket. Paddy's composure in big games last year is what impressed me most.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New John O'Shea imo. Love his versatility (RB, CB, DM), excellent passer of the ball and is confident on the ball. Will definitely 'make it' whether it is here or elsewhere. Has plenty of upside. Our young CB's can learn a fair bit from Daley about positioning and the tactical side of the game so i hope they are listening.

When we lost at Stamford Bridge 1-0 last year, McNair and Herrera were our best players. I think it was McNairs 4th start. Lukaku scored on Monday night. It's taken him 12 months, but he's managed to find his way out of Paddy's pocket. Paddy's composure in big games last year is what impressed me most.

My thoughts exactly pretty much! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rooboy_07

King In The North
Nov 7, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Trailblazers, SJSharks
Lost another year or two during the final 15mins LOL. Good to get the 3pts.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
decent position to be in first in the league first home win in the ucl. bring on arsenal think lvg will play for a point. these are the sort of games for bastian to dominate hopefully
* that. I wanna see Martial running behind and isolating Mertesacker all game. Should tear him a new one. No Koscielny either. We should be looking at 3 points.
Fußballgott to be BOG.

Last edited:

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dreadful defending for the fist goal we conceded, but Valencia's positioning....... WHAT in the world was that!!!

Still cannot fathom how we have stuck with this bloke for so long. Off the bench for as depth / impact player then yeah, maybe. But him as a regular makes me want to vomit.

Why is Rojo not starting out at LB? I thought he was solid in his first game back. We need to sign someone else, or look to Varela / McNair.

GandalfTheDon

T**ty Sprinkles
Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Pokemon is Life Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 15, 2011
The Red and Black Havens
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United
Dreadful defending for the fist goal we conceded, but Valencia's positioning....... WHAT in the world was that!!!

Still cannot fathom how we have stuck with this bloke for so long. Off the bench for as depth / impact player then yeah, maybe. But him as a regular makes me want to vomit.

Why is Rojo not starting out at LB? I thought he was solid in his first game back. We need to sign someone else, or look to Varela / McNair.
Never been a fan of Valencia. All he does is run straight to the goal line, and if he's good enough to not run it straight out of bounds, unsuccessfully tries to beat the defender then just gives up and hoofs it in.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Never been a fan of Valencia. All he does is run straight to the goal line, and if he's good enough to not run it straight out of bounds, unsuccessfully tries to beat the defender then just gives up and hoofs it in.

And his crosses aren't even good when he does make good position on the defender. Its just blast into the box, hit and hope if you will. No skill or awareness whatsoever. Half the time he hits it so hard our forwards don't even have time to react and get a foot on the ball....

He shits me to tears that bloke. How someone with such little ability is playing for Manchester United is still beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back