Marc Murphy vs Trent Cotchin, are they currently at the same level?

Would you be happy with either at your club (are they similar in ability)?

• Yes (Carlton supporter)

• Yes (neutral)

• Yes (Richmond supporter)

• No (Richmond supporter)

• No (neutral)

• No (Carlton supporter)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're asking two questions in the poll. Everyone would be happy with either of them at their club, but some might think one is better than the other.

Cotchin is, and will be, a better player, imo.

You're asking two questions in the poll. Everyone would be happy with either of them at their club, but some might think one is better than the other.

If you were to be happy with either at your club, you're essentially saying that there's no difference in ability between the two.

If you were to be happy with either at your club, you're essentially saying that there's no difference in ability between the two.
I don't know how you come to that conclusion. I'd be happy to have Gary Ablett and say... Jordan Lewis at my club, but there is a large gulf between the ability of the two.

I don't know how you come to that conclusion. I'd be happy to have Gary Ablett and say... Jordan Lewis at my club, but there is a large gulf between the ability of the two.
Wait, are you saying you'd be happy to have both at your club?

I'm saying that if you were to choose ONE to have on your team, either one would be okay as they're both going to give you the same level of talent.

I may just change the poll question, it's a bit confusing.

Wait, are you saying you'd be happy to have both at your club?

I'm saying that if you were to choose ONE to have on your team, either one would be okay as they're both going to give you the same level of talent.

I may just change the poll question, it's a bit confusing.
Yes, since that's the question in the poll, hence me saying there is two questions ;). If it was "would you be happy to have either at your club", every answer would be yes. The bit inside the brackets "are they similar in ability" is where opinions will differ.

Yeah, I answered that one, obviously said yes.

Murphy's problem is that he doesn't have the same impact up forward as other top midfielders, which is becoming more and more important with the interchange rules. He kicks goals, but they are from the midfield and for that versatility, Cotchin is better.

Yes, since that's the question in the poll, hence me saying there is two questions ;). If it was "would you be happy to have either at your club", every answer would be yes. The bit inside the brackets "are they similar in ability" is where opinions will differ.
I'm on my iPad at the moment I'll change it soon.

Yeah, I answered that one, obviously said yes.

Murphy's problem is that he doesn't have the same impact up forward as other top midfielders, which is becoming more and more important with the interchange rules. He kicks goals, but they are from the midfield and for that versatility, Cotchin is better.

Murphy has kicked 30 goals in a season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until next year with the interchange cap, midfielders will be spending more and more time resting forward.
Well then we can throw Judd forward and perhaps someone like Gibbs.

Murphy hasn't really gone forward in his time at Carlton, so I think it's a bit unfair to judge anyway.

Well then we can throw Judd forward and perhaps someone like Gibbs.

Murphy hasn't really gone forward in his time at Carlton, so I think it's a bit unfair to judge anyway.

Great way to * up your rotations. I'm not saying he is useless up forward, just that he isn't on the same level forward as Cotchin.

The midfielder resting forward is coming back in vogue and it isn't a strength of Murphy's.

Great way to **** up your rotations. I'm not saying he is useless up forward, just that he isn't on the same level forward as Cotchin.

The midfielder resting forward is coming back in vogue and it isn't a strength of Murphy's.
I agree that it isn't a strength of his. However, what you're saying really only begins to become important with an interchange cap and currently, Murphy can get his rest in the midfield. So I don't think that is really worth bringing up when comparing the two.

Interesting that so far the neutrals is 4-3 with yes being 4 and Tiger fans have obviously voted more than the lone Carlton fan.

I agree that it isn't a strength of his. However, what you're saying really only begins to become important with an interchange cap and currently, Murphy can get his rest in the midfield. So I don't think that is really worth bringing up when comparing the two.

No, it's important now and is going to get more important next year.

It's not the only thing that sets Cotchin apart, Cotchin's leadership and ability to respond when the pressure is on is on a level above Murphy.

Not really applicable considering your inability to coherently construct your poll question.

Of course people are going to vote yes to having both at their club.
I'll create a new thread tomorrow seeing as the mods haven't come to change it and there have already been a number of votes. :thumbsu:

And Murphy's disposal sets him apart from Cotchin.

You have created numerous threads whinging about Cotchin and Murphy so you are obviously not going to change your mind.

If you're happy with that one handed s**t that Murphy dished up in the final quarter today, so be it. But when the blow torch is applied Cotchin is clearly the player you'd want on your side.

Back