Marcus Bontempelli Vs Patrick Cripps

Which player will have the better individual career?

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Patrick Cripps

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really because this is effectively Cripps first year as he had a broken leg last year and only played 3 games.
Therefore if you look at it in that way. Cripps this year vs Bont last year, it's most definitely not one way traffic. But i forgive your ignorance
massive liberties with the truth there. It's both player's second year, and one has outperformed the other.

Well its obvious Billings performed a demolition job against you blokes so clearly we have players worthy of nomination.

Yeah I doubt either have the elite skills of Billings.

You're a joke. Cripps and Bont are dominating seasons and carrying their teams on their backs whilst Billings has played 1 good game of footy, and you obsessively keep bringing it up trying to convince people that he's not a bust. It's like you're desperately trying to convince the world that your club didn't stuff up by taking Billings ahead of Bont (or Cripps) in that draft.

Liam Jones kicked 4 goals in a game once as well.......:rolleyes:

You're a joke. Cripps and Bont are dominating seasons and carrying their teams on their backs whilst Billings has played 1 good game of footy, and you obsessively keep bringing it up trying to convince people that he's not a bust. It's like you're desperately trying to convince the world that your club didn't stuff up by taking Billings ahead of Bont (or Cripps) in that draft.

Liam Jones kicked 4 goals in a game once as well.......:rolleyes:

I was replying to a WB poster who ridiculously posted we had no young talent. I would have thought he would have seen first hand the ability of Billings.

Last edited:
Define what you mean by "the most room to develop from his body"? Bont is still filling into his 194cm frame. He could play key forward if he wanted to in a couple of pre seasons. Scary thought for opposition teams
Wouldn't have thought he'd make a great key forward with the goal kicking he displayed in your final...

I was replying to a WB poster who ridiculously posted we had no young talent.

You do have some young talent. Young talent that took you to within half a game of Melbourne.

It was encouraging to see the Saints have 0 players under 24 in the top 7 of the best and fairest.

You do have some young talent. Young talent that took you to within half a game of Melbourne.

It was encouraging to see the Saints have 0 players under 24 in the top 7 of the best and fairest.

Let's see where Boyd finishes in the WB B&F.

Let's see where Boyd finishes in the WB B&F.

McCartin going to win yours? Even if you don't include Boyd we have a man the coaches voted the best young player in the game, a 22 year old All Australian, a 21 year old who got 11 Brownlow votes, a 23 year old who's won a Best and Fairest, a 23 year old who made the AA squad .. that's just the start. Old man Wallis could win the B and F .. JJ made the top 50 under 22 players ...

The Dogs are younger, less experienced and won over double the games .. and your counter argument is basically 'yeah but what about Boyd?'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCartin going to win yours? Even if you don't include Boyd we have a man the coaches voted the best young player in the game, a 22 year old All Australian, a 21 year old who got 11 Brownlow votes, a 23 year old who's won a Best and Fairest, a 23 year old who made the AA squad .. that's just the start. Old man Wallis could win the B and F .. JJ made the top 50 under 22 players ...

The Dogs are younger, less experienced and won over double the games .. and your counter argument is basically 'yeah but what about Boyd?'

No I used Boyd as an example that young players at StKilda were rotated and on schedules to not play large numbers of games. Does that make them not up to it or not as good? Billings Acres Goddard Membury Dunstan McCartin McKenzie were all rested even after playing good football. They have plenty of time to win B+F's and AA awards.

No I used Boyd as an example that young players at StKilda were rotated and on schedules to not play large numbers of games. Does that make them not up to it or not as good? Billings Acres Goddard Membury Dunstan McCartin McKenzie were all rested even after playing good football. They have plenty of time to win B+F's and AA awards.

So if guys like Bonti, Stringer and MaCrae were Saints do you think they would be rotated?

Sheed. Proven finals performer and actually has a good kick unlike cripps.

So, you mean Sheed plays in a team that made the finals? Awesome! Where do I sign?

Not sure where people have got this idea that Cripps' kicking is no good. It's not a weapon of his, but he's actually a pretty neat kick of the ball. I think some people commenting haven't been actually watching him; which is fair enough coz Carlton were s**t to watch this year, but at least refrain from talking s**t.

So, you mean Sheed plays in a team that made the finals? Awesome! Where do I sign?

Not sure where people have got this idea that Cripps' kicking is no good. It's not a weapon of his, but he's actually a pretty neat kick of the ball. I think some people commenting haven't been actually watching him; which is fair enough coz Carlton were s**t to watch this year, but at least refrain from talking s**t.
I wouldn't pay much attention to gym4life, you would swear Cripps ran over his dog or played hanky panky with his daughter or something, such is his dedication to bagging Paddy out in every thread.

Sheed played well in finals, was the reason he won. I did watch him quite a bit due to carlton being on half of the Friday nights. I think he has a below average kick however the rest of his game is good. I do rate kicking as the most important skill in the game though which Is why I don't rate cripps as highly as others.

Sheed played well in finals, was the reason he won.

Yes, and Cripps was heavily tagged and BOG in games and still the reason Carlton won. The difference here is that Sheed's team is playing finals and Cripps' team isn't. That's all you're saying. Nothing more.

I think he has a below average kick however the rest of his game is good.

What does below average mean for you and what exactly makes Cripps a below average kick in your eyes?

What's your analysis? Where does he fail?

I do rate kicking as the most important skill in the game though which Is why I don't rate cripps as highly as others.

Plenty of players with a good kick will be delisted at seasons end. No one skill makes a player, it's the overall package and combination of skills that's important. I don't rate your rating method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back