Marcus Bontempelli Vs Patrick Cripps

Which player will have the better individual career?

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Patrick Cripps

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but Cripps has a bloke sitting on him and gets little to no help. Basically every touch he gets is hard earned.
In a way this poll is ridiculous. As a Dogs supporter we are proud of Bonts, comparing him to Cripps is like comparing apples to oranges. They are completely different types of players. Cripps reminds me a lot of Todd Viney, Jack's Father. He was a big bull that carried Melbourne's midfield for a long period. Todd like Patrick was far from elite skilled by hand or foot, but his elite skills were getting to the drop of the ball then extracting the ball under extreme pressure to advantage. For Cripps to become a more damaging player he probably has to polish his skills a little more (Joel Selwood) and build his endurance which seems to suffer because of his bulk.
A more comparable poll would be Cripps v Taylor Adams, Ollie Wines or Jack Macrae.

Oh rubbish. He's very well talked up in this thread.

And yes you did talk Cripps down. You posted Bont's stats from this weekend, I posted Cripps and the first thing you did was talk his game down for playing in a side that was whooped.

Your reality is pretty warped I gotta say.
Unfortunately I agree with you, I would take Bonts in a heartbeat for x factor. But Cripps season has been awesome. He is a player that Carlton MUST build their list around going forward. Cripps has been seriously undersold by a lot of Dogs supporters.

Twist it however you want.

Yes, it's called twisting it back into shape :thumbsu:

He played very well but Bont played better and had a big impact on his side's win.

If you say so. I doubt you even watched the GWS v Carlton game myself.

But so it goes. Last week Cripps was BOG in a Carlton win after being heavily tagged by one of this seasons more effective taggers, while Bont's team was smacked by 10+ goals.

Cue talk down ...

Y

But so it goes. Last week Cripps was BOG in a Carlton win after being heavily tagged by one of this seasons more effective taggers, while Bont's team was smacked by 10+ goals.

Cue talk down ...

Yep, and Bont played poorly.

When Bont plays well, we win. That's why he's always the first tagged

In a way this poll is ridiculous. As a Dogs supporter we are proud of Bonts, comparing him to Cripps is like comparing apples to oranges. They are completely different types of players. Cripps reminds me a lot of Todd Viney, Jack's Father. He was a big bull that carried Melbourne's midfield for a long period. Todd like Patrick was far from elite skilled by hand or foot, but his elite skills were getting to the drop of the ball then extracting the ball under extreme pressure to advantage. For Cripps to become a more damaging player he probably has to polish his skills a little more (Joel Selwood) and build his endurance which seems to suffer because of his bulk.
A more comparable poll would be Cripps v Taylor Adams, Ollie Wines or Jack Macrae.

Patrick is elite by hand. But agree with everything else.

Patrick is elite by hand. But agree with everything else.
Yep agree with that. He is excellent in close. i think i was trying to make the point that he is more comparable to a tight inside player. Like Todd Viney, Wines, Macrae or Adams even Jack Viney is in this category.
None of Adams, Macrae Or the two Vineys were great kicks. Wines isn't bad by foot to be honest.

The issue is Cripps is clearly better than Adams, Wines or Macrae so we have to go outside of his position to further the debate.

The issue is Cripps is clearly better than Adams, Wines or Macrae so we have to go outside of his position to further the debate.

Oh Ffs. Cripps is not better than either of those three. Maybe Adams at a stretch.

Wines is a proven finals performer while macrae has been a runner-up best and fairest in a better team in his second year than Carlton 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he isn't .He's probably better than Adams but he's behind Wines and Macrae but that doesn't mean he won't be better in a couple of years. He has played 3/4 of a season, he has to back it up .

No he isn't .He's probably better than Adams but he's behind Wines and Macrae but that doesn't mean he won't be better in a couple of years. He has played 3/4 of a season, he has to back it up .
Ive seen Cripps do things that Wines has never done. Everyone talks about x-factor with Bontempelli, Cripps has more x-factor in my opinion. His handpasses and vision are second to none. And I honestly believe that - second to none.

Watching the game from a mutual standpoint, there was not a chance the Bont was BOG...

Tell that to both coaches who gave him the full 10 votes, and AFL Player Ratings which rated him as the best player on the ground by a country mile and helped him jump into the top 20, making him the youngest player ever by 2 years to be rated that highly.

Ive seen Cripps do things that Wines has never done. Everyone talks about x-factor with Bontempelli, Cripps has more x-factor in my opinion. His handpasses and vision are second to none. And I honestly believe that - second to none.
I disagree but that's footy. We all have opinions .

Lol. Have you ever watched Bontempelli play? Or even know what the term "X-Factor" means?

How did I know that this thread would look like this?
Doggies fan: Bont did a poo, it was awesome!
Carlton fan: Cripps cured cancer...
Doggies fan: curing cancer is good and all, but what about all the people he let die before he found the cure?

Or vice versa.

Disclaimer: Obviously massively exaggerated to show how stupid these threads are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back