Maric leaving Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

ivans reaction to the rumor:
maric2.jpg

To be fair, that's his reaction face for anything from winning the lotto to his dog getting hit by Hamish McLachlan's car. :p

It's true. Maric's dad is actually a recruitment officer for ASIO and told this to the OP but then said " don't tell anyone". The OPs application for chief Australian super spy has now been withdrawn.

It is true guys! Maric left the Richmond Football Club! How come people don't already know that?

You are talking about Addam Maric, right?

Because as far as I know and am concerned, there is no other Maric leaving Richmond

He won't leave! Richmond gave him the chance when he looked cooked and now he is a great ruckman and Richmond is rewarded with the risk.

Any Collingwood fan who thinks he would be behind Witts or Grundy is deluded. This bloke is one of the top four ruckman in the comp when he is in form. Comparing Witts to him is an insult to Maric.

Terrible rumour.

Richmond are 29-1-21 with Maric since 2012. 57% win rate. Prior to Maric arriving they had one season ending with positive win/loss ledger (ie greater than 50%) in the last 10. This year alone they are 6-4 with Maric and 3-6 without him.

He's stupidly important to them. Why would he be unhappy and why would they let him go?

Would rather give them the game time to continue to develop TBH. 21 and 20 years old respectively, years away from even entering their prime as players.
If you were in development mode I'd buy it but when they are liabilities in your aim for finals, then there's a problem. I think the best thing for Collingwood to do right now would be to grab a quality 28 year old ruckman as a stop gap and let Grundy and Witts develop naturally with no pressure in thr 2nds.

If you were in development mode I'd buy it but when they are liabilities in your aim for finals, then there's a problem. I think the best thing for Collingwood to do right now would be to grab a quality 28 year old ruckman as a stop gap and let Grundy and Witts develop naturally with no pressure in thr 2nds.

Yeah, nah.

Consider their age and the fact that neither started at a footy player (Grundy was a basketballer, and Witts was a rugby player up until ages 15/16), I think they're both tracking very nicely. No reason to get impatient and slow that development.

I'd really like to see more of them played together TBH, instead of using Jesse White as the second ruck/forward, to not only get gametime at AFL level, but give each other a break during games along the way.

Didn't Richmond just sign his cousin and they did a newspaper article on how keen they were to play together.

This one goes in the highly unlikely category.

Many people want to spend LESS time with family, not more.... :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah.

Consider their age and the fact that neither started at a footy player (Grundy was a basketballer, and Witts was a rugby player up until ages 15/16), I think they're both tracking very nicely. No reason to get impatient and slow that development.

I'd really like to see more of them played together TBH, instead of using Jesse White as the second ruck/forward, to not only get gametime at AFL level, but give each other a break during games along the way.

The tough part is neither of them are quite ready yet.
Although given your slide and your young list, maybe you have the time to develop them both and not get a stop gap Ben Hudson type

OP, sadly it's true. We need to free up some cap space and will be playing Big Orren Stephenson as our number 1 ruck next season. Big O has also confirmed he will grow a magical mullet too to try and fill the considerable void by losing Maric. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why would he leave? He loves the club, is in our leadership group and is our undisputed number 1 ruck. Further to that, he's contracted still and has his cousin joining the club as a rookie next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back