The Law Marijuana Legalisation

Should Marijuana be legalised in Australia?

• Yes, for both Recreational and Medicinal purposes.

Votes: 136 81.9%
  • Yes, but only for Medicinal purposes.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought cheech and tommy were siamese chimeras?

is that cheech on the left?
Left.

is tommy chong married to annabelle chong?

how did he feel about her setting that world record?

Nah, he is married to actress/producer Shelby Fiddis.

His daughter from his first marriage is the actress Rae Dawn Chong.

Rae-Dawn-Chong-fd01d.jpg

When police start doing things like this, it becomes impossible to justify prohibition:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...failed-to-protect-autistic-son-in-drug-sting/
The parents of a Temecula, Calif., high school student filed a claim against the Temecula Valley Unified School District for unspecified damages, alleging the district administrators did not protect their special-needs son but instead “participated with local authorities in an undercover drug sting that intentionally targeted and discriminated against their son.”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...failed-to-protect-autistic-son-in-drug-sting/

So a special needs teenager manipulated and pressured into buying a small amount of cannabis by an undercover cop who "befriended" him, was charged and now is being targeted by his school.

Thankfully though, the juvenile court judge did the right thing. US tax dollars at work though.

When police start doing things like this, it becomes impossible to justify prohibition:

So a special needs teenager manipulated and pressured into buying a small amount of cannabis by an undercover cop who "befriended" him, was charged and now is being targeted by his school.

Thankfully though, the juvenile court judge did the right thing. US tax dollars at work though.

Were these cops on bust payments?

23 year old Rachel Hoffman, pressured in to being an undercover operative and murdered when she was detected wearing a recording device.

http://www.ladybud.com/her-name-was-rachel-hoffman/

Another person murdered for the war on drugs.

Were these cops on bust payments?

23 year old Rachel Hoffman, pressured in to being an undercover operative and murdered when she was detected wearing a recording device.

http://www.ladybud.com/her-name-was-rachel-hoffman/

Another person murdered for the war on drugs.
I was reading a discussion about the article on another website and it seems the county has police quotas, though I am unsure if they have bust payments.

Situations like this are also make me concerned about a private prison system in Victoria. Judicial corruption in other parts of the US, has in the past seen people falsely incarcerated, denied appeals or given maximum sentences for petty drug related "crime" all to keep prisoner numbers up.

That we may follow the worst parts of the US experience is of grave concern.

Why pot is illegal and tobacco isn't:

Simple really, pot anybody can grow, anywhere, it's a weed and extremely easy to grow.

Tobacco on the other hand is an industrialized crop, grown with all sorts of chemicals and pesticides and not something your average Joe could grow.

The government would never make a cent if pot was legal, and anybody could just grown there own. It would also reduce the crime rate, which is not good for the police force, because crime is there bread and butter.

Tobacco is legal, so the government can be the pushers, and tax the s**t out of it.

Pot is illegal so the government can somewhat control it's production, supply chain, and it's demand, then hand out fines to those that are caught with it.

Tobacco related deaths per year: 443,000
Marijuana related deaths: 0

Why pot is illegal and tobacco isn't:

Simple really, pot anybody can grow, anywhere, it's a weed and extremely easy to grow.

Tobacco on the other hand is an industrialized crop, grown with all sorts of chemicals and pesticides and not something your average Joe could grow.

The government would never make a cent if pot was legal, and anybody could just grown there own. It would also reduce the crime rate, which is not good for the police force, because crime is there bread and butter.

Tobacco is legal, so the government can be the pushers, and tax the s**t out of it.

Pot is illegal so the government can somewhat control it's production, supply chain, and it's demand, then hand out fines to those that are caught with it.

Tobacco related deaths per year: 443,000
Marijuana related deaths: 0

really

I would have thought tobacco was legal because of its history in WW2

marijuana until recent years has not shown a positive purpose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really

I would have thought tobacco was legal because of its history in WW2

marijuana until recent years has not shown a positive purpose

Except for the hundreds of diseases and illnesses it helps people with? What about all the research into Marijuana being used to cure cancers?

http://coed.com/2010/09/02/10-major-health-benefits-of-marijuana/

Cancer, Seizures, Migraines, Glaucoma Multiple Sclerosis, Touretts + OCD, ADD + ADHD, IBS + Crohns, Alzheimer's and Premenstrual Syndrome.

Tobacco Cigarettes have NO health benefits and every one of the hundreds of chemicals are only in a cigarette to make you addicted? The reason Cigarettes are legal is that cigarette companies convinced people that product was healthy. The government makes to much money for cigarettes to be banned. All they do is raise taxes so the addiction costs more (they do the same s**t with Alcohol).

Ladys and Gentlemen...we found another one of the sheep. Educate yourself son...until then take your ignorant somewhere else.

Except for the hundreds of diseases and illnesses it helps people with? What about all the research into Marijuana being used to cure cancers?

http://coed.com/2010/09/02/10-major-health-benefits-of-marijuana/

Cancer, Seizures, Migraines, Glaucoma Multiple Sclerosis, Touretts + OCD, ADD + ADHD, IBS + Crohns, Alzheimer's and Premenstrual Syndrome.

Tobacco Cigarettes have NO health benefits and every one of the hundreds of chemicals are only in a cigarette to make you addicted? The reason Cigarettes are legal is that cigarette companies convinced people that product was healthy. The government makes to much money for cigarettes to be banned. All they do is raise taxes so the addiction costs more (they do the same s**t with Alcohol).

Ladys and Gentlemen...we found another one of the sheep. Educate yourself son...until then take your ignorant somewhere else.

I did say "until recent years" but I should have used the word had rather than has following that

so I am actually agreeing with you

Fair dinkum?

You might be interested to hear what Noam Chomsky says on the matter.

very interesting

I guess like alcohol the Mafia and big corporations have protected their tobacco market through corruption, lobbying and simple brute force.

I did say "until recent years" but I should have used the word had rather than has following that

so I am actually agreeing with you

No, you were wrong. We have known Marijuana has had positive purposes for decades. Nixon for crying out loud commissioned a study on Marijuana...the report came back saying the drug was fine and the laws were too harsh. Nixon threw it away and started his propaganda which continues to this day in the states.

So no, these developments are not recent.

No, you were wrong. We have known Marijuana has had positive purposes for decades. Nixon for crying out loud commissioned a study on Marijuana...the report came back saying the drug was fine and the laws were too harsh. Nixon threw it away and started his propaganda which continues to this day in the states.

So no, these developments are not recent.

sounds like I need to do some practical research.

Do you know where I can score? Do they still call it a spliff, a toke and a bong?

it's pretty easy to find, drug dealers usually wear an all blue uniform and roam around in cars with 'police' on the side

I will keep an eye out for these guys.

I trust they will look pretty dodgie

Do you know where I can score? Do they still call it a spliff, a toke and a bong?
Need a bong with your dental arrangement me thinks.

Yes...that is right...Australian dies from Marijuana use, the SYNTHETIC KIND!

So natural Marijuana doesn't kill...but is illegal. Synthetic marijuana DOES KILL and is legal.

Vaporizer is the healthiest thing to use because it takes away all the dangers from smoking (not Marijuana, just the act of inhaling mass amount of smoke.)

Back