Mario balotelli - why always him

Remove this Banner Ad

BRZYjB5CQAEthrd.jpg:large

Great to have him back.

Very much a mixed bag ON the field as well as off it which Liverpool fans can strap themselves in for, but regardless, he is entertainment personified. Almost impossible not to love him, and if you don't, you're probably taking it all too seriously.

Welcome back Balo. :thumbsu:

Is it possible that Mario could debut for Liverpool as soon as this weekend, against Man City, in Manchester? Would be pretty epic.

Think he needs to be registered by midday UK time today in order for that to happen. Would be brilliant though to see him debut against City.

Think he needs to be registered by midday UK time today in order for that to happen. Would be brilliant though to see him debut against City.

Yeah, true. Is that a possibility though? Would be pretty awesome to see/hear the reception he'd have gotten in that fixture.

Would probably need time to actually train with the team too you'd think. Is he could enough to be able to just plug in and play? Would they even want him to?

Sounds like he has behavioural clauses similar to Suarez' bite clause at Barca. If he plays up his wages will dramatically decrease and it won't be very difficult to find someone prepared to take him off our hands if we need to get rid.
I must have missed the part where you beat out 40 other clubs to sign him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At his age Arsene is probably too old and grumpy to deal with someone like Balotelli!

Do you think Arsenal should have gone in for him? While you're pretty well stocked in midfield, Arsenal stand out when you're comparing the options at CF of the clubs at the top of the table. As beautiful as he is Giroud doesn't really strike fear into the hearts of defenders, while Sanogo and Campbell are still both very raw and no guarantee of making the step up. Even taking into account his bizarre personality I find it a bit strange that you didn't make an offer for him at that price, unless budgetary constraints came into it?

Wenger doesn't really sign troublemakers, doesn't he? He normally sells them
Yep we were never going anywhere near Balotelli, were a few rumours about but he is about as anti-Arsene Wenger a signing as I could think of.

There have been rumours about the likes of Spurs & Chelsea being interested in signing him previously. At his age and his ability I doubt it would be difficult to sell him for 15m if we ever need to get rid. I imagine that more clubs would have looked at him if they were aware AC were prepared to cash in. It looks like we managed to keep the whole thing quiet until the deal was done.

Once Borini is sold for 14m we'll only be spending 2m to replace Balotelli with Borini. Can't really go wrong spending that sort of money even if he does flop. Not my first choice for signing a striker but better than the likes of Bony.

Good bit of business by Liverpool, but this is still a risk. It will go one of two ways in my opinion

1. Disaster
2. Huge success

Given his immense ego he has the potential to be very decisive and fall out with the club and its fans. Alternatively he could become a Kop legend and push them towards a title.

I'm a Spurs fan, but personally I can't wait to see him in the EPL. Characters are good for the game and it will be interesting to see how he goes. I think he will be a success

Still hate him after what he did to Scott Parker. I know he didn't pre-select him, but you compare Balotelli to Parker who was 1/10th as talented but worked to get everything out of himself that he could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back