Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how Lebbo is going the 'saving lives with a plebiscite' line.

Completely ignoring that a simple Parliamentary vote can do all this, is actually binding, and gets it done much more quickly and virtually cost free compared to a f***ing plebiscite.

And in the leadup, the "vote" enables hatred and vitriol to be spewed by hate groups like the ACL towards many vulnerable people.

That alone should be enough reason to not want a plebiscite, even if you ignore the other reasons (cost, principle, etc).

Mind you, if wouldn't surprise me if this is part of the reason the guy who came up with it wants it.

EFA

It may be narrow-minded of me to think this (As a hetero - well the since last time i checked lol ) but i hope the AGAINSTERS spew as much hate as loud as they can so then when it's all over and THEY'RE the " minority " , they'll get a small taste of the stress and grief that gay/TG's have copped for decades.

As i said , easy for me to say , i mean well

Heres another point
02461ecaab63902aaf696364ad39e1df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And they have the foot soldiers and ready-made propaganda centres.
Don't forget that it's a postal vote, and they usually have very low response rates.
Getting the votes in will be crucial.
I'd support a campaign to boycott it, leaving turnout so low as to render it useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately that is not how it will play out. A yes vote will result in the Libs saying it's not that high priority and find ways to stall, hoping we'd forget about it. After all, this is a mere plebiscite, not a referendum - it is not legally binding and there is no guarantee of any amendment to the Marriage Act, or even if/when that will happen.

Libs do that and you might as well bury the party and it will never be seen again. And I am not talking about the next election. It would be forever. There would be a minimum of 10 that would cross the floor on a PMB as soon as the Party tried to do something like that. And then it would be off to the Senate. Where it should easily pass as long as the cross benchers dont do something stupid!

I'm with Taylor. Lets have it out once and for all. The plebiscite will be IMO a resounding yes. Those who spew hate will be seen to be bigots they truly are.

What are the gay lobby and the left afraid of?

They will win 2/3 to 1/3.

I think they're afraid of debate. "How dare anyone question our agenda, homophobes".

The overwhelming majority of the 'No' voters will respect a democratic decision (I could not see that occurring if the left lost).

What are the gay lobby and the left afraid of?

They will win 2/3 to 1/3.

I think they're afraid of debate. "How dare anyone question our agenda, homophobes".

The overwhelming majority of the 'No' voters will respect a democratic decision (I could not see that occurring if the left lost).
So you havent kept up. We have stated how itll turn into mud slinging and demonizing of same sex couples.

Lol yeah damn equal rights

So you havent kept up. We have stated how itll turn into mud slinging and demonizing of same sex couples.

Lol yeah damn equal rights

Good luck to the government trying to get clean air for anything but this between now, and Christmas. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back