Marriage equality debate - The plebiscite is on its way. (Cont in Pt 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this postal vote is going to happen, then Labor should introduce a bill for a compulsory plebiscite of their own into Parliament next week.

Call the Government's bluff. The right wingers will love this postal plebiscite idea as they see it as their best chance to manipulate the vote. If the government subsequently opposes a compulsory plebiscite it will confirm what we already know. That they're simply seeking to delay and obstruct the inevitable rather than "give all Australians a say".

Not saying they shouldn't be able to get married ... merely pointing out the FACT that they ARE NOT EQUAL.

Maybe gay couples provide more of a societal service being gay as they aren't producing endless amounts of offspring in an already overpopulated world.

This needs to be immortalised as a liberal logic meme.

Well when you get a consistent tidal wave of stupidity from the anti SSM crowd, sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire.

It does make you less of a couple. Explain to me how it doesn't????

How does it make you less of a couple? It makes you less of a procreator not a couple. People don't become couples solely for the purposes of having children.

If 2 people (concenting adults) love each other then it is equal to any other 2 concenting adults that love each other.

So what your a "master race" kind of guy?

Love is one factor of marriage and you can argue that SSCs are equal to HCs.

However I'm not arguing about love. I'm arguing biology.

If I were arguing love I would point out that the total love present in a HC with biological kids is greater than a SSC where the child is only related to one parent.

Master Race ... Argumentum ad Hilterum is poor form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love is one factor of marriage and you can argue that SSCs are equal to HCs.

However I'm not arguing about love. I'm arguing biology.

If I were arguing love I would point out that the total love present in a HC with biological kids is greater than a SSC where the child is only related to one parent.

Master Race ... Argumentum ad Hilterum is poor form.
Lol What a load of bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I support it because it doesn't negatively affect ANYONE and positively affects a great deal of people. Not one single straight person's marriage is made weaker if gays can marry but it will allow gay people to feel more included within society, especially kids struggling with their sexuality. I feel like making people feel more valued in society can only be a positive thing.

What you said :rainbow::thumbsu:

How does it make you less of a couple? It makes you less of a procreator not a couple. People don't become couples solely for the purposes of having children.

You are correct in stating that people don't become couples purely for procreation but the Procreation factor does make SSCs and HCs Unequal.

If they are unequal one must be greater or lesser than the other ... I say SSC are lesser.

So Shorten is now passionately campaigning for people to vote yes in a process that is tilted against the cause he supports..

And it's tilted because he wouldn't agree to the fairer process (compulsory plebescite) proposed last week.

Which also happened to be the process he was advocating a few years back.

Strange times. Don't get me wrong.. the Libs are all over the place also. Hope it doesn't just fail or this will be ugly for everyone.

I think they can love them just as much.

I think you're lying to yourself.

You may be able to love a step child 99.99% as much as a biological but you will always favour something that has your DNA just a little bit more (much more in my case) ... it's in your DNA ... you don't have a choice.

Intelligent response.

Are you one of those fools who think a person can love an adopted child or step child more than a biological child??
So do you love your biological family more than your wife?

Do adopted children all leave their adoptive parents if they find out their biological parents?

I think you're lying to yourself.

You may be able to love a step child 99.99% as much but a biological but you will always favour something that has your DNA just a little bit more (much more in my case) ... it's in your DNA ... you don't have a choice.
I think youre full of it.

Really? So those parents that rape, hurt, kill their kids dont exist and its fake news?

Seems you have an opinion, a mind bogglingly bad one, but an opinion.

Not a fact about it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think youre full of it.

Really? So those parents that rape, hurt, kill their kids dont exist and its fake news?

Seems you have an opinion, a mind bogglingly bad one, but an opinion.

Not a fact about it.

Extreme examples prove nothing (but if we are talking extremes look at the rates of Paternal abuse when the child is not related vs related).

If you seriously believe that you can love a step-child/adopted as much as your own DNA you are a deluding yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back