Martin or Luey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Martin believes he would now be better up forward than previously.
I wonder why he believes this? Maybe he's stronger now after clearly getting bigger

I actually think he gets a raw deal when people assess his work as a forward last year. He was a new guy in a new forward structure who wasn't getting great service. But in the two games I saw live, he bounced with a heap of energy, around hitting bodies and causing spillages. He didn't really know what he was doing but he still made a contest. I actually thought he looked like he had a bit of promise in that ruck-forward type role but he just needed some time and development. He's not a reincarnation of Paul Salmon as a footballer but he can play a role.

What about Trent West what does he do when fit again next year? Does he do the 1/2 time oranges or something?

Having that many rucks/talls all fit... there is a first time for everything I guess.

Martin was good in preseason last year as a ruck-forward, but then looked lost once the real season started... like everyone after winning the NAB cup. Then he was injured. Hardly enough time to be assessed as a forward. He could yet be an asset in the forward line.

Martin was good in preseason last year as a ruck-forward, but then looked lost once the real season started... like everyone after winning the NAB cup. Then he was injured. Hardly enough time to be assessed as a forward. He could yet be an asset in the forward line.
Besides which, as has been mentioned before, there were whispers (loud ones) that he was a bit of a lazy trainer. If his form before was a result of effort, we can safely assume that has changed. With his size and effort improving, there is every chance his forward work can too.

I can remember Luey playing some stella games. But not 10 in a row like Martin has.

Besides which, as has been mentioned before, there were whispers (loud ones) that he was a bit of a lazy trainer. If his form before was a result of effort, we can safely assume that has changed. With his size and effort improving, there is every chance his forward work can too.
The last chance saloon changes the outlook of many a player - 8 weeks ago he was in there. hopefully the penny has dropped, but as a forward......sorry cannot have.

The last chance saloon changes the outlook of many a player - 8 weeks ago he was in there. hopefully the penny has dropped, but as a forward......sorry cannot have.
How do we know? My point is, the Stef Martin of 2014, is a different beast to Stef Martin 2012/13. I think we have to have another look, because at some point, he'll have to share the field with another (real) ruckman. As long as he is taken back out if he is no good, I don't think we can write him off.
He's a new man, and options are a bit thin, you may have noticed. He might still be no good, but then again, as I've said, new attitude, new confidence, who knows. I reckon we have to have another look.

Did I just read on here that Luey only punches it? I will state that that rates as the biggest load of s**t I have read around here. And as to punching the ball forward at a the bounce perhaps watch a few replays of Keating if that is going to be criticised as a tactic. Just sayin but a couple of ya have got obsessed with Stef to the point of homo erotica.

Did I just read on here that Luey only punches it? I will state that that rates as the biggest load of s**t I have read around here. And as to punching the ball forward at a the bounce perhaps watch a few replays of Keating if that is going to be criticised as a tactic. Just sayin but a couple of ya have got obsessed with Stef to the point of homo erotica.
This whole thread is weird and concerning.

Some mentioned Polly Farmer FFS.
Earlier this year I saw a thread claiming that Shuan Atley was the new Dane Swan on the Norf board.
If a thread wouldn't look out of place on the Norf board, something is wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't like his aesthetics?

Oooh Suits you!
article-1304545-021E4E3E000004B0-342_468x667.jpg

Wet Dream Team is extremely importation. (stupid stupid spell check!)
Dude you're the one bringing up wet dreams etc....
Nothing wrong with a strong bromance anyway... dont make it weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back