Maryborough & District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

So is there any chance that Dunolly could choke and lose the cricket this weekend??? Nervous Sherman??

Who is/has winning the other grades?

obviously stranger things have happened king rich, but i would highly doubt we could lose it from here, however if we were we obviously dont deserve to win it, the only chance cres will have is if they remove smith and templeton within the first 10 overs IMO, no doubt they will come out firing, and give it there all for the first hour of play....... im not really nervous king rich, actually really excited bout it all and looking forward to the challenge of getting my team across the line and win my first A grade premiership.......

why dont u just read tue addy for other results king rich, u know the one u showed me, on wen night that features someone walking off the ground after being dismissed....lol

obviously stranger things have happened king rich, but i would highly doubt we could lose it from here, however if we were we obviously dont deserve to win it, the only chance cres will have is if they remove smith and templeton within the first 10 overs IMO, no doubt they will come out firing, and give it there all for the first hour of play....... im not really nervous king rich, actually really excited bout it all and looking forward to the challenge of getting my team across the line and win my first A grade premiership.......

why dont u just read tue addy for other results king rich, u know the one u showed me, on wen night that features someone walking off the ground after being dismissed....lol

I didn't see any results from other grades in there hence why I asked you halfwit!

Any comebacks/upsets?

nah not that i know off,
dunolly one A grade very easy in the end, creswick eventually called it offf when dunolly were 8 down and 290 runs in front.

dunolly were 8 - 185 in 2nd dig

c.taylor 61
b.mchugh 31

thinks did start shaky however when templeton and smith fell within 3 balls and dunolly were 3/35 or something , but then some good partnerships got us home.

and yes im not at work today called in sick, and have skipped uni for the day aswell. fair to say was a big weekend.

I think if you click back to page 12 on this thread you'll see that i was 100% right with my tips! lol... Nah well done to sherman and his mob, had to wait 10 years, big effort winning from 4th on the ladder~!!

I think if you click back to page 12 on this thread you'll see that i was 100% right with my tips! lol... Nah well done to sherman and his mob, had to wait 10 years, big effort winning from 4th on the ladder~!!

was def a good effort, IMO we were a much better said than 4th all year and had the ppl to do it, but just couldn't get them on the park together all year until the end, eg peter daly.....i wonder when the last time a premiership team won from 4th and lost to the bottom side once and nearly twice, if that guy hadnt off dropped the catch we got the winning runs off.

has any clubs had b& f nights yet??? who were the winners if so, ours is next friday night

Late reply, but I was talking to a St Arnaud bloke the other week.. asked him about it..

he said Hando Hando Hando and Hando...Ohhh, he also found a way to win Rookie of the Year lol

I hear a meeting was held last week, any news? heard B Grade format was going to be all 1 dayers! Good move!

Late reply, but I was talking to a St Arnaud bloke the other week.. asked him about it..

he said Hando Hando Hando and Hando...Ohhh, he also found a way to win Rookie of the Year lol

I hear a meeting was held last week, any news? heard B Grade format was going to be all 1 dayers! Good move!

Didn't make it to the meeting but that sounds like a great idea with the b-graders. Any recruits up there Rocky?

Hmmm been trying to work out who this rocky guy is for ages lol.

Theres a new police officer up here, from all reports, will be playing, not sure how good.

Trav Stefanos will play all year (small wicketkeeper in the A Grade last year) apparently, hes had some time playing District Cricket in melb... should be handy...

We've lost Jas Bergen, who we lost half way thru the season last year, hes now posted at the Horsham station, big loss in the bowling department. and Aaron DeCarli is living over Ararat way from what i hear, he wont be playing (A Reserve ish) and B Grade lost Bindi Andison (who was co captain w/ me last year)

Hayden Torney and Cory Hope (played the last few games in B Grade) are apparently playing again, and will be handy....the Almighty one is going around again, and Big Rocco (ie me) will be probably runnin our B Grade again. Thats the only news ive heard... couple of weeks till trainin starts , should know more by then.

B-grade are all one day matches except for the last 3 games of the year. They were all earmarked to be 40 over games however did not gain full approval of every club so a comprimise had to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm been trying to work out who this rocky guy is for ages lol.

Theres a new police officer up here, from all reports, will be playing, not sure how good.

Trav Stefanos will play all year (small wicketkeeper in the A Grade last year) apparently, hes had some time playing District Cricket in melb... should be handy...

We've lost Jas Bergen, who we lost half way thru the season last year, hes now posted at the Horsham station, big loss in the bowling department. and Aaron DeCarli is living over Ararat way from what i hear, he wont be playing (A Reserve ish) and B Grade lost Bindi Andison (who was co captain w/ me last year)

Hayden Torney and Cory Hope (played the last few games in B Grade) are apparently playing again, and will be handy....the Almighty one is going around again, and Big Rocco (ie me) will be probably runnin our B Grade again. Thats the only news ive heard... couple of weeks till trainin starts , should know more by then.

so looks like st/arnaud will be pretty similar to last season then MOR, agree that bergen will be a big loss in the bowling department to back up hando, always found him to be a tricky bowler and has had the better of me a couple of times.

in regards to b grade playing one dayers, seems like a good idea to me as most b grade games finish early anyway. i also think it will take alot of the strain of the kids who step up after u/16's , there would be nothing worse than for a kid who is filling in or making up the #'s to field for 130 overs IMO.....

and on dunolly rumour did have it that butch kennedy was coming across but i believe that rumour has been pretty well squashed, havent heard of any other recruits or ppl leaving, with the exception of maybe trev daly who has recently returned from england. am led to believe that we will be pretty similar to last year.

dunolly are taking on brook this saturday at willow fest in a praccy match, not sure on exact details and the overall seriousness of it but should be a good out for those involved.

so looks like st/arnaud will be pretty similar to last season then MOR, agree that bergen will be a big loss in the bowling department to back up hando, always found him to be a tricky bowler and has had the better of me a couple of times.

in regards to b grade playing one dayers, seems like a good idea to me as most b grade games finish early anyway. i also think it will take alot of the strain of the kids who step up after u/16's , there would be nothing worse than for a kid who is filling in or making up the #'s to field for 130 overs IMO.....

and on dunolly rumour did have it that butch kennedy was coming across but i believe that rumour has been pretty well squashed, havent heard of any other recruits or ppl leaving, with the exception of maybe trev daly who has recently returned from england. am led to believe that we will be pretty similar to last year.

dunolly are taking on brook this saturday at willow fest in a praccy match, not sure on exact details and the overall seriousness of it but should be a good out for those involved.

Dunolly flag favourites Sherman? Be interesting to see if any other clubs have recruited to try to match them.

Spoke to Butchy a while back and yes, he didnt have a clue who he was playing for. Said it was "too hot to play cricket" haha :cool: Great man..

On the topic of rumours, heard something big about a colts a-grader awhile back. Something about going to creswick imperials for coin. Anyone else heard of this?

Dunolly flag favourites Sherman? Be interesting to see if any other clubs have recruited to try to match them.

Can't wait for the season to start. Best thing that could have happened to M/B losing last year. Everyone is keen again and looking to atone for last years poor performance.

Spoke to Butchy a while back and yes, he didnt have a clue who he was playing for. Said it was "too hot to play cricket" haha :cool: Great man..

On the topic of rumours, heard something big about a colts a-grader awhile back. Something about going to creswick imperials for coin. Anyone else heard of this?

Yes yes have heard of this. Not sure what developed.

Hey Crank, what odds for the coming cricket season you reckon?
26 degrees tomorrow, summers here,although the big Glacier may melt a bit.

Can't wait for the season to start. Best thing that could have happened to M/B losing last year. Everyone is keen again and looking to atone for last years poor performance.

dont know if dunolly will go in flag favourites but we would hope another solid season will follow, IMO i believe Maryborough would prob have to be the bench mark again as they are they most talented and dangerous side going around. In all honesty havent been really looking forward to cricket so much this year but after a hit last night with uni mates at buninyong am far more motivated..... i would be expecting alot of big names to be missing from the first week of cricket due to footy trips, anyone know??, personally ill miss first week...also heard rumours while ago of colts recruited a batsmen any truth???

dont know if dunolly will go in flag favourites but we would hope another solid season will follow, IMO i believe Maryborough would prob have to be the bench mark again as they are they most talented and dangerous side going around. In all honesty havent been really looking forward to cricket so much this year but after a hit last night with uni mates at buninyong am far more motivated..... i would be expecting alot of big names to be missing from the first week of cricket due to footy trips, anyone know??, personally ill miss first week...also heard rumours while ago of colts recruited a batsmen any truth???

Yes sherm they had a bloke from ballarat who was supposed to be a good bat but he did his knee during footy and will miss cricket season.

We will struggle to get an A-res team when maryborough go on their trip but most a-graders will be available.

Training starts tomorrow for us not looking forward to the soreness from bowling again.

I think your mob deserves to be favourites but we will have a better team this year and i'm sure c'brook will continue to improve.

Yes sherm they had a bloke from ballarat who was supposed to be a good bat but he did his knee during footy and will miss cricket season.

We will struggle to get an A-res team when maryborough go on their trip but most a-graders will be available.

Training starts tomorrow for us not looking forward to the soreness from bowling again.

I think your mob deserves to be favourites but we will have a better team this year and i'm sure c'brook will continue to improve.

too true that thirsty, arm and back are as stiff as old man's at the moment, i think thats the main reason why ppl put bowling off for so long....lol...on carisbrook will be interesting to see how they fair against dunolly on weekend in praccy match have no idea on who is playing for us or them...i know chris lee has had them training for a while though and they have really stepped it u since he has been there...expect a solid showing

too true that thirsty, arm and back are as stiff as old man's at the moment, i think thats the main reason why ppl put bowling off for so long....lol...on carisbrook will be interesting to see how they fair against dunolly on weekend in praccy match have no idea on who is playing for us or them...i know chris lee has had them training for a while though and they have really stepped it u since he has been there...expect a solid showing

Can confirm that the borough have signed a very handy allrounder for the upcoming season. Will greatly improve our chances of competing Lanne or Brook.

Can confirm that the borough have signed a very handy allrounder for the upcoming season. Will greatly improve our chances of competing Lanne or Brook.

that would be one M.Dell wouldn't it thirsty???? big pick up that one, unbelievable result for borough there....should make u guys even stronger and will help cover the loses of kick and lloyd

that would be one M.Dell wouldn't it thirsty???? big pick up that one, unbelievable result for borough there....should make u guys even stronger and will help cover the loses of kick and lloyd

Correct on that Sherm. How did the big practise match go on Saturday. I watch about ten minutes of colts playing against each other ... no change there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back