Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Hines mentions that they could throw him in the forward line too. Has he actually played a full game forward? With White back in the VFL and doing some ruck work, could be good experiment.
I have to admit, I was hoping if Witts got dropped this week that Cox would play a full game forward. Alas, it was not to be...

I *KNOW* the club has said there's no way we're trading Witts, and I'm one of Wittsy's biggest fans here, but Cox's rapid improvement does again make it more doable to look at trading him.

If GWS weren't interested, then a club like Essendon would be, and would get us a suitable pick.

Really want him to stay a Pie, but just can't quite see a better option on terms of our list.

Anyway, great for Mason, really like the guy from everything I've seen, on and off field. I think he'd already be ok (just) in the seniors, and in another year's time could be much much better than that.

Hines mentions that they could throw him in the forward line too. Has he actually played a full game forward? With White back in the VFL and doing some ruck work, could be good experiment.
Nah, hasn't played a full game forward, and won't now White, Reid and Gault are in the VFL.

He's the VFL's number 1 ruck, he is 211cm, he's a ruckman, but at times he has led out well and taken some good marks.

Marking wise he's not much worse then Witts (which isn't hard to do), but his football smarts still aren't there.

He's not ready for senior footy yet, but we also don't need him to be, Witts and Brodie are ahead of him in the depth chart and unless both get injured we don't need Coxy, yet.

He will play VFL finals, then NAB Challenge games next year, and then maybe could push for a senior game early next season. His improvement has been great to watch though.

It will be a thrill for him next week to run out on the MCG, be it for the seniors or the VFL side before hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a smart player and did some good things going inside 50 yesterday the tap when it looked like going out resulted in a goal and his repeat efforts are great.

For a late starter he might just make it.

Not a bad kick either for a newcomer some little short passes all hit the mark and a few roosts of one step out of a contest were good too.

Definitely has the physical attributes and just needs to put the runs on the board, Witts should be worried IMO

And smart, smart in the way he carries himself. Apparently great attitude, they love him around the Club.
Really hope he gets his chance.

He's on the rise

And they'd get along with brad dick if he came again to our club

And smart, smart in the way he carries himself. Apparently great attitude, they love him around the Club.
Really hope he gets his chance.

Hine did mention that and said that what Shae Lacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back