The Sultan

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Just thinking topped off with the tragedy that is the murder of Phil Walsh, this week has seen other stories (though they pale in significance) such as:
- Karmichael Hunt dropping names of Gold Coast Suns players involved in coke binge
- Pic of Harley Bennell racking up lines on front page of papers
- Jarrod Roughhead having melanoma removed from lip, possible cancer scare.
- Sammy Mitchell jab jesture
- and the ongoing drama the is the Essendon saga.

Yes, here I was thinking that tonights game was "only" going to feel a little hollow due to Roughead's health issue. Sadly I couldn't be more wrong.

Definitely the worst week you could imagine for the AFL. I was only thinking last night how big a week it had been then....waking up to this.

We've had deaths before (Millaine, John McCarthy, I guess even Crimmons) but it's the senseless, the violence and the family tragedy of this event just make it incomprehensible.

I reflected on this today driving to work.

I want you people (hey I can't because I live in the country)

I want everyone to go to the footy this weekend and just enJoy being with your mates

Hug your mate, have a beer with him and shake the hands of the bloke sitting next to you

Life is good ....we must self reflect in these moments on what we do have

For me, this isn't the worst week in footy (Jim Stynes' death broke me the most).

The Gold Coast saga isn't that shocking. Certainly not the first time I have heard people use cocaine.

Sam Mitchell's taunt is just that, sledging to gain a psychological advantage on-field. Even ***********' war cry towards Carlton supporters had some controversy to it.

I haven't heard anything of the Essendon drug scandal for months (which is a relief because I was so sick of hearing about it hearing if on the news).

But the death of an accredited first year coach has got to be one of the most shocking stories I have heard in the AFL.

I reflected on this today driving to work.

I want you people (hey I can't because I live in the country)

I want everyone to go to the footy this weekend and just enJoy being with your mates

Hug your mate, have a beer with him and shake the hands of the bloke sitting next to you

Life is good ....we must self reflect in these moments on what we do have
Could not of said it better myself.

Its times like these that solidify a community. And as a community (afl) we must all stick together and help eachother threw these times.

Life is great cherish every moment like its your last. We all have choices in life and we all can make our own.

Embrace football this weekend as its mine like many others one and only gettaway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL media must be reeling..so much happening this week.
Lets hope they step back a bit in this case and keep their cameras out of the faces of Adelaide players and staff.

good luck with that im sure Hutchy, Barrett and co will be champing at the bit to break muck racking stories and attack this from whatever angle that will get some air time, along with the obligatory "interview" with people as they walk to their car.

My English housemate is sick of seeing the AFL on the news. For somebody not into football all the stories this week must be annoying.

And yes, I believe the AFL has too much journalism about it. Let's focus on what's important rather than media circuses and sagas.

My English housemate is sick of seeing the AFL on the news. For somebody not into football all the stories this week must be annoying.

And yes, I believe the AFL has too much journalism about it. Let's focus on what's important rather than media circuses and sagas.

As opposed to the constant news cycle about the Kardashians?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back