FTA-TV MasterChef 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's some gossip I just found out. Fellow editor who's working on spelling bee says that ep 1 isn't even finished. It airs next week!

oooo the drama, did some little smart ass spell Rhinoceros correctly or not. I give it 3 weeks before it gets canned.

Big footy spelling bee, spell Dessert.....oh no half of this thread has been eliminated :p

Here's some gossip I just found out. Fellow editor who's working on spelling bee says that ep 1 isn't even finished. It airs next week!

Please tell me there is a chance of cancelling that rubbish! Why would I want to watch 10 year olds chuck tantrums!

Billie was a deserved winner, she was the strongest cook across the whole competition. Great opportunity to work at the Fat Duck, and I would love to know what that entails. Will she go over to the UK and work as a brand new apprentice? Or will she start a bit higher up?

I ate at the pop up Fat Duck restaurant in Melbourne (have even eaten the dish they cooked last night). The food is amazing, but it's completely opposite of what Billie said she wants to do. She said she wanted simple, farm, home grown produce, country food etc. The Fat Duck couldn't be further from that. It's complex, wild, playful, delicate, intricate, scientific, theatrical cooking and plating.

She will probably do it for a short time, she will still have to release her cookbook that is tied to being the winner of this show. I would think she would start as an apprentice but with a bit of flexibility in terms of schedule.

You know your tv comes with more than one channel, right?

Oh I agree, still don't get why they thought a spelling thing would rate well. Reminds me on Masterchef Kids....will be canned within a few weeks.

Oh I agree, still don't get why they thought a spelling thing would rate well. Reminds me on Masterchef Kids....will be canned within a few weeks.

I would think because of the grammar and spelling ability of the average person aged between 20-35 these days is so bad, they will think the 10 year old kids on the show are geniuses. I cant stand the idea either. Also, the idea for the show may be coming from influence from the US. They televise junior national spelling bees over there, but they also have 3 000 000 000 000 television channels.

I would think because of the grammar and spelling ability of the average person aged between 20-35 these days is so bad, they will think the 10 year old kids on the show are geniuses. I cant stand the idea either. Also, the idea for the show may be coming from influence from the US. They televise junior national spelling bees over there, but they also have 3 000 000 000 000 television channels.

Oh don't get me wrong I don't mind the concept, I just dislike having a bunch of 10 year olds that seem to be forced onto these shows by their parents. It is just weird for me personally. Grammar is something that is poorly taught, and this comes from someone who has had some role in education. Nothing annoys me more than kids/teenagers ability to spell. However a show on it, meh.

They've been too busy editing the 1000's of ads they've shown.

I will laugh if they don't deliver the ep to 10 in time

I'll buck the trend and say I'm looking forward to watching the Spelling Bee show. I enjoyed Spellbound when it released at the turn of the century. It is a peculiarly American phenomenon which most Australians have no idea about but if it's done well, then it could attract a cult following. Probably will be shunted to Eleven though, later in the year.

At least it won't be any worse than Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

I'll buck the trend and say I'm looking forward to watching the Spelling Bee show. I enjoyed Spellbound when it released at the turn of the century. It is a peculiarly American phenomenon which most Australians have no idea about but if it's done well, then it could attract a cult following. Probably will be shunted to Eleven though, later in the year.

At least it won't be any worse than Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

the American spelling bee is kind of interesting though because it's once a year and on espn so the commentators get super into it and make it exciting.

This rubbish will be all about the tears and Chrissie Swan giving them hugs and being like "it's ok buddy there there" and don't forget their tough backstories it's a hard life for an 8 year old

the American spelling bee is kind of interesting though because it's once a year and on espn so the commentators get super into it and make it exciting.

This rubbish will be all about the tears and Chrissie Swan giving them hugs and being like "it's ok buddy there there" and don't forget their tough backstories it's a hard life for an 8 year old

True. Some of the promos already are building it up like this.

True. Some of the promos already are building it up like this.

I might give the Restaurant Renovation a go, but you won't see me watching a Spelling Bee. Not sure whats worse Chrissie Swan being on the show or Grant Denyer (sp.) hosting it. Can't stand either of them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Denyer and love Family Feud. But this spelling bee looks cringe worthy - the ads are awful. But yes in the states the spelling bee is very different -it's an institution that goes back decades.

Grammar is something that is poorly taught, and this comes from someone who has had some role in education. Nothing annoys me more than kids/teenagers ability to spell. However a show on it, meh.

We wouldn't want to have a show where kids can display their academic abilities now would we.

Let's keep promoting the kids that are good at sport,

Speaking of ratings the finale was huge - about 2m. A couple of years ago the finale was around the 1m mark or below and I thought it was done for. Kudos to 10 and the producers for getting it back to basics. The horrid "personalities" and that god awful boys v girls promo from 2013 almost sunk it.

We wouldn't want to have a show where kids can display their academic abilities now would we.

Let's keep promoting the kids that are good at sport,
We do - it's called "It's Academic", and it is shown on Saturday mornings - not weekly prime time.
Don't get me wrong I love shows featuring smart kids. I'm just not sure prime time television is the smartest place for it to be aired - that's all.

I knew Billie had won when they were tasting the dish plus she got all the elements on the plate. Well done to both finalists. That desert last night looked amazing, you could tell by the way they were eating it especially Georgia.

Someone posted yesterday I think about Jessica working in a cheese shop in Perth as I don't eat cheese but live in Perth sorry can't help you out.

That's next door to my work. ..for a while they were doing bacon doughnuts which were amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back