Matador OD Cup Match 19: NSW vs Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
NSW struggled all the way through their innings, although a mini-rearguard saw them reach 172 (Carters and Cummins making 38 each the only significant scorers, wickets shared around).

Tassie 0/21 off 4.

GEM only showing the NSW innings, now showing sitcom repeats instead of the rest of the match o_O

GEM only showing the NSW innings, now showing sitcom repeats instead of the rest of the match o_O

Flicked on just after 6pm to watch it and thought it must be raining.Looked at the TV guide and realised the 2nd half wasn't being shown.
Guess we couldn't miss Judge Bitchy and 2 more 5000th re-run eps of Friends.

What was the bloody point in showing the 1st half when they couldn't be stuffed showing the 2nd half ?

Flicked on just after 6pm to watch it and thought it must be raining.Looked at the TV guide and realised the 2nd half wasn't being shown.
Guess we couldn't miss Judge Bitchy and 2 more 5000th re-run eps of Friends.

What was the bloody point in showing the 1st half when they couldn't be stuffed showing the 2nd half ?

It's a sad but true state of affairs that domestic cricket - apart from BBL - probably doesn't rate at all well in Aus and more people will watch umpteenth reruns of Friends.

It's a sad but true state of affairs that domestic cricket - apart from BBL - probably doesn't rate at all well in Aus and more people will watch umpteenth reruns of Friends.

Unfortunately with the X Factor finale, they decided to not show the 2nd session. Reality is this should have been a day match.

Last season they got ratings of 100K which is pretty good for something that's on a secondary channel and didn't have much production cost (CA paid for it). I'm not sure whether CA are still paying for the production, but you'd assume the ratings are still there. I would have thought C9 are at least no worst off by showing the Matador Cup. At least during the day anyway.

Last season they got ratings of 100K which is pretty good for something that's on a secondary channel and didn't have much production cost (CA paid for it). I'm not sure whether CA are still paying for the production, but you'd assume the ratings are still there. I would have thought C9 are at least no worst off by showing the Matador Cup. At least during the day anyway.

Agreed, but whoever decided to have a zillion night matches should be taken to the gallows. The odd one on a Friday or Saturday sure. However that is it. No day nighters on Monday!

Well that's encouraging. I work for a channel in the UK that used to screen Friends and it was scary how many people will watch it over and over agian.

Unfortunately with the X Factor finale, they decided to not show the 2nd session. Reality is this should have been a day match.
Is that the reason ?
Then why bother showing the first half ? Just don't show the game at all.I've never heard of this happening before where half a game only gets shown.

Am I right in saying that Tasmania aren't completely out of it, all they have to do is win with a double bonus point win next game and they have a higher NRR as it is. Playing the Redbacks so a real possibility ;) Bowl the redbacks out for around 250 and go at 10 an over for 25 at North Sydney, doable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll need bonus points for that though. Hopefully our bowling will hold up. Where is the match? If it's at North Sydney, that really disadvantages our team.

Nah. Tassie and South Australia are playing at North Sydney. We're playing at Bankstown

The elimination final 2nd vs 3rd is at Blacktown and the final is at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back