Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We both agreed you'd be well safe as well. That was on the back of that pretty solid transfer window you had from memory.
That draw and the one against stoke a few weeks before really summed up why we went down. Way too many dropped points.

?

For me nothing better than winning the UCL.
2) winning the league;
3) playing in ucl;
4) winning the Europa
5) winning the fa cup
6) winning the league cup,
Interesting discussion. For Spurs (we barely qualify for CL so not even worth including winning it yet)

1) Win the League
2) Playing in the CL
3) Win the FA Cup
4) Win the EL
5) Win the League Cup

They were flowing freely that day haha.

I loved all the Vardy hate as well :D

It's amazing how well this quote holds up today:
JAMIE VARDY!

COME AT US PREMIER LEAGUE!

Also, just amazing to look at all the quotes about Smalling, especially from Rough_Edges , how a year changes things... or has it? Hmm...

Is it me, or does this little number sum up that game's emotions very nicely?

(Yes, Leicester v United was on the 21st of September. The stars certainly stole the show!)

S
It's amazing how well this quote holds up today:

Also, just amazing to look at all the quotes about Smalling, especially from Rough_Edges , how a year changes things... or has it? Hmm...

Is it me, or does this little number sum up that game's emotions very nicely?

(Yes, Leicester v United was on the 21st of September. The stars certainly stole the show!)

Smalling has been great this season.

If you've never gotten one wrong, you're a better judge than me :)

S

Smalling has been great this season.

If you've never gotten one wrong, you're a better judge than me :)

Ha ha, don't worry about it. I was in the same boat about him as well. Then again, after that performance... who wasn't? Even United fans cringed at him coming on. You certainly did give it to him that game, I was almost half wondering if you had him in the Fantasy Team or something.

It's just amazing how well he's done this season. Though that said, Vardy is more than welcome to take him back in time.

Interesting discussion. For Spurs (we barely qualify for CL so not even worth including winning it yet)

1) Win the League
2) Playing in the CL
3) Win the FA Cup
4) Win the EL
5) Win the League Cup

Wouldn't 4) be ahead of 3) by way of an EL win securing CL football, which you listed at 2?

The thing that stops it is the threat to the coefficient. But to be honest, I think Wigan and Pompey are the only teams teams outside the top 4 (plus City) in years. We haven't even made the final in over 20 years
We finished 3rd the season we won it from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't 4) be ahead of 3) by way of an EL win securing CL football, which you listed at 2?
In an ideal world yeah, but winning the EL is an incredibly tough ask and putting all the eggs in that basket and risking the league and domestic cups is a tough one

Azerbaijan XI:
Vorm
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies
Winks Carroll
Townsend Alli Onomah
N'Jie

Chelsea XI:
Lloris
Walker Toby JV Rose
Dier Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

Not even sure if N'Jie is fit. Maybe Son to double up if he isn't. Seriously f*ck the Europa League when there is a big game on the Sunday and you're playing in Western ASIA
We're out playing in Israel tonight, so that evens it out somewhat.

What I find weird is when people say they want to win the Europa League because it means they'll qualify for the champions league. Surely you want to win it because it'd be great to see your team win a trophy.

It's a big reason why I didn't want the winner to get a champions league place. All of a sudden a worthy trophy becomes nothing more than a qualifying event.

To use a certain Arsenhole lover's logic, we're in better form and should expect to win comprehensively. :rainbow::drunk::fire:

In all seriousness though, I would be so happy if we took our reserve side plus anyone who is ineligible for this fixture ala Alli to Azerbaijan mid week.

There is still a lot of talent at Chelsea and anything can happen in a derby. Dele is a huge loss for us IMO, there is no replacement available to us that is capable of giving us what he can. I'm not sure why Lamela didn't play yesterday but I am certainly open to more of the same, him being out doesn't hurt us in any way shape or form. Kane is back in form and our defense is as solid as a Spurs defense has been. I don't like to make predictions but win or loss I just hope we continue to bring the same brand and intensity that we've delivered all season (hopefully they do the same).

How long is Dele out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that stops it is the threat to the coefficient. But to be honest, I think Wigan and Pompey are the only teams teams outside the top 4 (plus City) in years. We haven't even made the final in over 20 years

:( So close.

Heard a comment about the Alli/Dier combination (said with a certain accent). No coincidence that Souness needed to go back into hospital the other day with heart problems. (believe everything is OK with Souey)

adf114b038ff7ed6bccea53a61010004_crop_north.jpg

You're crazy. It's the league first, always should be.

1) League
2) CL
3) FA Cup
4) EL
5) League Cup

The FA Cup is fast becoming like the Capital One Cup where you play your depth/kids and if you find yourself in the final then sure it's nice to win it.

Winning the Europa League is a ticket to the Champions League.

You're crazy. It's the league first, always should be.

1) League
2) CL
3) FA Cup
4) EL
5) League Cup
Ha ha, so let me get this straight, you rightfully rank the league as the highest priority and EL as only being more important than the who cares cup....

Yet were lambasting us for wanting to send kids to ******* Azerbaijan of all places, seems quite contradictory to me.

Back