Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Ha ha, so let me get this straight, you rightfully rank the league as the highest priority and EL as only being more important than the who cares cup....

Yet were lambasting us for wanting to send kids to ******* Azerbaijan of all places, seems quite contradictory to me.
How is it contradictory? All the trophies are important. Im just ranking them in importance to win. Just because ive put EL 4th doesnt make it an afterthought. For starters neither of us are in the CL this season so the EL bumps up to 3rd.

I love and rate the FA Cup. Others done. It's a wonderful competition, the oldest cup competition in the world. The magic of it always get me every year. The final is always special to be involved in.

Besides I wasnt lambasting you for wanting to take kids, I was just saying if I were a Spurs fan, id rather take a more experienced team and get the job done as a loss throws the group wide open and lumps pressure on to the final game of the group stage.

How is it contradictory? All the trophies are important. Im just ranking them in importance to win. Just because ive put EL 4th doesnt make it an afterthought. For starters neither of us are in the CL this season so the EL bumps up to 3rd.

I love and rate the FA Cup. Others done. It's a wonderful competition, the oldest cup competition in the world. The magic of it always get me every year. The final is always special to be involved in.

Besides I wasnt lambasting you for wanting to take kids, I was just saying if I were a Spurs fan, id rather take a more experienced team and get the job done as a loss throws the group wide open and lumps pressure on to the final game of the group stage.
Yeah and I'm saying given there's just over who days between matches...

Chelsea>>>>>Carrier Bags

No reason we can't at least get a point with a weakened squad

Saw something midweek about Chelsea. Something about average number of points for 4th over the past 5 or so years. Chelsea could make that with 20 wins and 5 losses.

Not really beyond them I would have thought.

Fryer Tuck and Jatz I am really looking forward to the game this weekend, the most excited I've been for a game all season.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Fryer Tuck and Jatz I am really looking forward to the game this weekend, the most excited I've been for a game all season.
Yeah same mate! Playing the big boys was always one of the exciting things about being promoted.

To be playing you at the moment, should make it a cracking game. Both teams in pretty good form. Can't wait!

Yeah same mate! Playing the big boys was always one of the exciting things about being promoted.

To be playing you at the moment, should make it a cracking game. Both teams in pretty good form. Can't wait!

I wouldn't say we are in good form, we'll need to be playing better than we have been to get a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I wouldn't say we are in good form, we'll need to be playing better than we have been to get a win.
We're in excellent form. I'd like to play it down more but it's hard to haha.

With most of your attacking players under injury clouds, and you having to play midweek, I have a good feeling about this one.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
We're in excellent form. I'd like to play it down more but it's hard to haha.

With most of your attacking players under injury clouds, and you having to play midweek, I have a good feeling about this one.
I think we'll set up not to lose. Could be a bit boring.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
The thing that stops it is the threat to the coefficient. But to be honest, I think Wigan and Pompey are the only teams teams outside the top 4 (plus City) in years. We haven't even made the final in over 20 years
Yep, 6 semi final losses or something

We are turning into the Doggies :cry:

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Saw something midweek about Chelsea. Something about average number of points for 4th over the past 5 or so years. Chelsea could make that with 20 wins and 5 losses.

Not really beyond them I would have thought.
The average over the last 5 seasons would be the highest ever because Arsenal have became extremely clinical at beating up the lesser likes.

Before 2012 or so the average would be high 60s, now it's low-mid 70s

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The average over the last 5 seasons would be the highest ever because Arsenal have became extremely clinical at beating up the lesser likes.

Before 2012 or so the average would be high 60s, now it's low-mid 70s

2010/11: 68
2011/12: 69
2012/13: 73
2013/14: 79
2014/15: 70

2013/14 seems to have been an unusually competitive season at the top of the table. 3 teams with over 80 points and Arsenal sitting in 4th on 79 points is a situation that I'm guessing hasn't happened all that frequently in recent English football history.

Given the starts most of the top sides have had this season it seems unlikely we'll see a repeat of that, low 70's would be the target for 4th you'd think. Can Chelsea not only climb out of this malaise immediately, but also convert it into title winning form for the rest of the season in order to reach that total? Seems unlikely but I suppose if anyone can work that sort of miracle it's Jose.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chelsea can still hit top 4 but no chance of the league. If they get their s**t together they could hit say 75 points - not enough for the title

Chelsea can still hit top 4 but no chance of the league. If they get their s**t together they could hit say 75 points - not enough for the title
Would require an almost immediate turnaround to hit 75 points, that's 2.44ppg until the end of the season. Does this team in the mental state they're in have it in them to do that and sustain it? The talent in the squad is there, no question but getting it to actually happen is the hard part.

Tall order from here and it's why it's important we win on Sunday, put yet another nail in their coffin.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

That's still 2.44 points/game. They won the league with 87 points, averaging 2.29 points/game last year. Would take an absolutely phenomenal effort and I can't see it happening.

Back