Matchday 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens

Fully expect us to struggle against City and would not be surprised with a loss.

They are our bogey side (even before they got cashed up). Somewhat ironically though, prior to this season's fixture, they tended to struggle against the mackems when they play them up in the north east (think they lost 4 in a row before their win this season).

Tended to struggle with the Mackems?

Bloody hell, thats like saying Mike Ashley tends to struggle with his weight.

Apart from us and you, I'm not sure they've actually won a game in the last half decade.

Apart from the cup this year I can only think of one loss to Newcastle since I came over. Would have been aeound 2004, we had Keegan in charge and lost 4-3 or 5-4 at SJP.

Tended to struggle with the Mackems?

Bloody hell, thats like saying Mike Ashley tends to struggle with his weight.

Apart from us and you, I'm not sure they've actually won a game in the last half decade.

Apart from the cup this year I can only think of one loss to Newcastle since I came over. Would have been aeound 2004, we had Keegan in charge and lost 4-3 or 5-4 at SJP.

Haha yeah I was trying to be diplomatic towards City while not wanting to heap much praise on our neighbours. I'd like to think City's losses on Wearside were due to the team struggling to motivate themselves playing in such derelict surroundings. :p

Yeah, besides the cup win this year, its been ages. Had a look just before and our last win in the league was back in the 05/06 season. :eek:

Would be hugely surprised to see that winless run end this weekend but I live in hope - 4.30am kick off here though won't be fun. :)

Just on Keegan, I think I saw a rumour not long ago linking him to Leicester (in the event they sacked Pearson after his choke controversy at Palace). Would love to see him jump back into management again.

Aston Villa 0-2 Stoke
Chelsea 2-0 Burnley
Crystal Palace 1-2 Arsenal
Hull 2-1 QPR
Sunderland 1-1 WBA
Swansea 1-1 Man United
Man City 3-1 Newcastle
Spurs 2-1 West Ham
Everton 2-2 Leicester
Southampton 1-1 Liverpool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Keegan back in the game. He was excellent on the TV with ESPN a few years back, surprised Sky or BT Sport havent taken him on.

Agreed, I think many others would 'love it' too. ;)

He doesn't seem to do a lot of media stuff these days but whenever he has something to say, I can't help but agree with King Kev.

Only if he brings back that fabulous perm.

I still remember when he helped sign Colocinni - he joked Colo's hair was part of the reason we signed him. :D

article-0-024B353500000578-751_468x307.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back