Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 26

Which bottom-half manager do you most want to kiss?

• Mark Hughes

• Alan Pardew

• Guus Hiddink

• Tony Pulis

• Eddie Howe

• That new guy Swansea have hired

• McClaren

• Neil

• Allardyce

• Garde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

157y80g.jpg

KICK-OFF TIMES ARE AUSTRALIAN CENTRAL TIME WHICH MEANS YOU EASTERN STATERS WILL HAVE TO DO THE MATHS FOR ONCE
Hey guys! It's that time of the week again. What time is that you ask? It's time for some stinkin football fun!

So where diddily ding dong do we start? Well I'll tel-diddly-ell you - It's Arsenal v Leicester! It's a very early kick-off on Sunday which means no excuses not to watch it. Can this Leicester story extend for yet another week or will whiley old Wenger get one over on the not so tinker man?

But hey now if 3rd and 1st are playing in each other, what about 2nd and 4th? Well guess what! They're playing later on in the night as Spurs travel to The Etihad.

But what about Saturday night I hear you all saying? Well, all you had to do was ask. The early kick-off sees Manchester United travel to Sunderland, while we end the night with bottom half strugglers Chelsea and Newcastle going head to head.

So that leads me to this weeks poll question - Which bottom half premier league manager do you most want to kiss?

Have at it!

Last edited:

The other reason I made this thread is I have a theory that the only reason Leicester are top is because Fryer Tuck is making most of these threads. I believe that there is a direct correlation between thread creator and team performance and thus I have decided to put that theory to the ultimate test by tempting the bigfooty gods in to making Liverpool win a football match (albeit against one of the worst teams in premier league history.)

Think we'll beat Leicester, but picking the draw based on Leicester's form. Both sides will really be up for this.

Spurs will probably do City though and be the big winners.

I actually might start to believe in Spurs for Top 4 & the slight dream of a title if we win/draw at city.

Would be very unSpurs like to go there and get a decent result and performance
Wish I shared that confidence. Think we'll get a draw.

Spurs are favourites as far as I'm concerned.

KDB out, Silva likely out. There goes 17 league assists this season and any semblance of midfield creativity.

And we all know how City's defence is faring at the minute.

Spurs are favourites as far as I'm concerned.

KDB out, Silva likely out. There goes 17 league assists this season and any semblance of midfield creativity.

And we all know how City's defence is faring at the minute.
I know it's a new team and manager. But it's the same badge that went to City and lost 6 zip a few years back in the worst spurs performance I've ever seen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's no way spurs don't score. there just isn't. the best we can hope for is vinny being fit, but there's no way he would start. been zero rotation with injuries, and a lot of key players injured too. all spurs will have to do is crowd out kun for 90 minutes and it's basically job done, because we're wasting the talents of delph and sterling by playing delph on the wing and using sterling as some sort of second striker.

i think sagna has to start at centreback. it's not perfect but he still has a bit of life in the legs, unlike demi. otamendi has unfortunately developed the diving in obsession like demi did in his first season too. he keeps thinking he can win the ball every time, but when you come up against guys who are able to do more than just run in a straight line (mahrez), it looks terrible.

think it'll be 3-1 spurs honestly. we look shot.

there's no way spurs don't score. there just isn't. the best we can hope for is vinny being fit, but there's no way he would start. been zero rotation with injuries, and a lot of key players injured too. all spurs will have to do is crowd out kun for 90 minutes and it's basically job done, because we're wasting the talents of delph and sterling by playing delph on the wing and using sterling as some sort of second striker.
Did you see us last week? We had enough chances to score 5 or 6 and we still only scored 1.

I tried to pay homage by doing it in that textbook Fryer Tuck style. I wait with bated breath for the great man's critique.

In the quote of the great man:
Could someone clear that s**t away, please? It's just, it's in my picture. People may associate it with me.

Nah, you did a good inimitating my style, although at least you did a better job of acknowledging the Saturday games (It's too bad, I had things prepped to cover both Arsenal v Leicester and City v Spurs... well, maybe except the music for that game.)

Also, if you can make those games happen that those times, then you will get the FT Whistle of Approval (and it's certainly not SM's idea of what the FT whistle is). So yeah, if anyone is wondering, Alan Partridge is from Raderlaide, so make sure to adjust your times accordingly.

Golly Gee Wilikers, what a poll question. My answer is nobody, because the only way we're going to accomplish things is to do it yourself!

Also, that favourite theory that the one that starts the topic gets good luck coming his team's way, who're you player? Ah... ah, yes I see. They've found a bit of form, haven't they? Well Alan, for the sake of the Premier League, you have my blessing in starting this topic.

Sunderland 0 - 2 Man United
Everton 3 - 0 West Brom
Swansea 2 - 2 Southampton
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Watford
Arsenal 2 - 1 Leicester City
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Liverpool
Norwich 0 - 2 West Ham
Bournemouth 1 - 1 Stoke
Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle
Man City 2 - 3 Tottenham

In the quote of the great man:

Nah, you did a good inimitating my style, although at least you did a better job of acknowledging the Saturday games (It's too bad, I had things prepped to cover both Arsenal v Leicester and City v Spurs... well, maybe except the music for that game.)

Also, if you can make those games happen that those times, then you will get the FT Whistle of Approval (and it's certainly not SM's idea of what the FT whistle is). So yeah, if anyone is wondering, Alan Partridge is from Raderlaide, so make sure to adjust your times accordingly.

Golly Gee Wilikers, what a poll question. My answer is nobody, because the only way we're going to accomplish things is to do it yourself!

Also, that favourite theory that the one that starts the topic gets good luck coming his team's way, who're you player? Ah... ah, yes I see. They've found a bit of form, haven't they? Well Alan, for the sake of the Premier League, you have my blessing in starting this topic.

Good spot with the match time thing, I didn't even realize. That's why you're the master and I'm just the bumbling apprentice.

Who knows, maybe this thing (what's the opposite of a curse?) will spread to Norwich as well and give the Norfolk locals a much needed boost.

And since we're dealing in Partidge quotes:

Imagine thinking Leicester will come down to London and not lose heavily to Arsenal.

Imagine thinking Arsenal will finish anywhere but fourth.

No confidence whatsoever. Along with Leicester, Spurs play a style of game we just seem incapablr of playing against.

We need to be pragmatic. Try and control the game, not play basketball and hope we outscore the opposition.

But MP doesnt do pragmatic.

Back