Matchday 4

Are you looking forward to the International Break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Saturday, 29 August 2015
21:45 Newcastle v Arsenal

Sunday, 30 August 2015

00:00 Aston Villa v Sunderland

00:00 Bournemouth v Leicester

00:00 Chelsea v Crystal Palace

00:00 Liverpool v West Ham

00:00 Man City v Watford

00:00 Stoke v West Brom

02:30 Spurs v Everton

22:30 Southampton v Norwich

Monday, 31 August 2015

01:00 Swansea v Man Utd

The final games of August. For most clubs, they have either a League Cup tie or a Playoff spot into their European competition, So that Newcastle v Arsenal game is not unfair to Arsenal (Oh hey, an early Saturday game, Cruyff can watch this!)

In regards to monthly awards, barring a complete miracle, I think we all know who the Player of the Month is (He wears Blue, his number is 26, he gets all the sexy ladies, take a bow John Terry!) But I think Manager of the Month could be interesting. It will come down to these games to see who will take out the award.

I had two questions, and the one I've chosen is probably better fitting for this week; Are you looking forward to the International Break? This is a two part question, because the first answer is if you, as a fan, are looking forward to the break, be it because you like internationals, or it gives you chance to focus on the footy or another sport or something else. The second is from a team perspective, whether your team is looking forward to the break? Simply because if they need a breather to find their feet or a good time for players to come back from injury.

Hey now, just because you don't look forward to it, doesn't mean your team doesn't (and vice versa if you're David Moyes and you want your precious players not injuring themselves against San Marino).

Let's see how keen you guys are in for a breather, but not until you put in the hard yards this week!

After Bournemouth scored 4 away at Upton Park not convinced that losing to them at their ground would be a disaster - unless it's 3-0 or something like that - but yeah Tinkerman should have MOTM sewn up.

Tinkerman has manager of the month wrapped up barring a disaster this weekend.
After Bournemouth scored 4 away at Upton Park not convinced that losing to them at their ground would be a disaster - unless it's 3-0 or something like that - but yeah Tinkerman should have MOTM sewn up.

While I am glad you're both in that line of thinking, I think if even suffer a narrow defeat (hope not), I think if a certain Barca looking team manage to get a draw against Chelsea, Mr Pardew would have to be considered. He would have an even bigger case if he somehow manages the win. Heck, Crystal Palace are the only other team to have gotten 2 wins so far, get a result here and I'd say Pardew's a smoky.

After throwing away 4 points in our last 2 games with late goals our match with Everton becomes a must win. We'll still have no DM or 2nd ST before our 4th game so not overly confident but we do have a decent record against Everton so I'll say 2-1 Spurs

Newcastle 1 v 1 Arsenal
Aston Villa 0 v 0 Sunderland
Bournemouth 1 v 2 Leicester
Chelsea 2 v 1 Crystal Palace
Liverpool 1 v 0 West Ham
Man City 2 v 0 Watford
Stoke 1 v 0 West Brom
shim.gif
Spurs 1 v 1 Everton
Southampton 1 v 0 Norwich
Swansea 0 v 1 Man Utd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, this poll has gone swimmingly. Good thing I added the team option. Seriously no one is looking forward to Internationals? Like, at all? I'm buzzing to see our new stars putting on their team colours and making an impact. Mahrez the shining jewel of Algeria (to be fair, Algeria's got some sweet talent), Vardy in contention to start (As noted, there's something special when an English player from your club gets called up... well, then again, I support Leicester, so this is kinda a big deal).

I know there's a chance for injuries (even then, we've got some new toys that I can't wait to see in action), but for a confidence team like Leicester, our players' performance for their nations actually positively impact our performances in the league. If Vardy is selected, and he scores his first goal (or nabs an assist), all I can say is watch out Aston Villa. (Surely he has to be selected, he's the most inform of all the candidates.) Maybe for bigger teams, Internationals are a hindrance, but I can only see this as a positive.

Ah well, don't say I didn't warn you if Vardy comes on over and gives that Arsenal team a proper shakeup on his England high (if he plays). What? Our form so far? It survived a 2 month break, what's another 2 weeks? We always play well first game back anyway. (It's the Bournemouth game that's a worry, we don't usually do well on the last game before the break).

Wow, this poll has gone swimmingly. Good thing I added the team option. Seriously no one is looking forward to Internationals? Like, at all? I'm buzzing to see our new stars putting on their team colours and making an impact. Mahrez the shining jewel of Algeria (to be fair, Algeria's got some sweet talent), Vardy in contention to start (As noted, there's something special when an English player from your club gets called up... well, then again, I support Leicester, so this is kinda a big deal).

I know there's a chance for injuries (even then, we've got some new toys that I can't wait to see in action), but for a confidence team like Leicester, our players' performance for their nations actually positively impact our performances in the league. If Vardy is selected, and he scores his first goal (or nabs an assist), all I can say is watch out Aston Villa. (Surely he has to be selected, he's the most inform of all the candidates.) Maybe for bigger teams, Internationals are a hindrance, but I can only see this as a positive.

Ah well, don't say I didn't warn you if Vardy comes on over and gives that Arsenal team a proper shakeup on his England high (if he plays). What? Our form so far? It survived a 2 month break, what's another 2 weeks? We always play well first game back anyway. (It's the Bournemouth game that's a worry, we don't usually do well on the last game before the break).
I am looking forward to the international break as it means no Arsenal game.

Back