Maths re the new stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sell catering rights at a much lower rate to a variety of food and drink providers. Not only more choice , but competition. And guess what? Instead of people bringing their own stuff or filling themselves before they go to the footy they might just be more tempted to buy what's on offer. More sales = more catering = more catering rights. You might even end up with the same amount of catering income as before, but with a more satisfied clientele.
This. Go to a half decent stadium in another country and the selection of food and drinks is amazing (hockey stadium in Vancouver springs to mind). Independent operators, selling a whole range of stuff - CHOICE!! Not some blanket stadium deal to a corporation like Spotless running the whole show, selling the same (unhealthy) crap everywhere and the same crap drinks (mid strength = vomit) at ridiculous prices. I don't buy beer at the ground because A) the price and B) I'd rather drink my own urine than drink mid strength. I go to the pub and have a couple before the game and maybe a scotch whilst I'm there. As for the food selection... I find it quite ironic that, at a sporting event, there's so much focus on alcohol and not supplying too much to people and yet they sell such unhealthy rubbish to every man woman and child who needs a feed.

This. Go to a half decent stadium in another country and the selection of food and drinks is amazing (hockey stadium in Vancouver springs to mind). Independent operators, selling a whole range of stuff - CHOICE!! Not some blanket stadium deal to a corporation like Spotless running the whole show, selling the same (unhealthy) crap everywhere and the same crap drinks (mid strength = vomit) at ridiculous prices. I don't buy beer at the ground because A) the price and B) I'd rather drink my own urine than drink mid strength. I go to the pub and have a couple before the game and maybe a scotch whilst I'm there. As for the food selection... I find it quite ironic that, at a sporting event, there's so much focus on alcohol and not supplying too much to people and yet they sell such unhealthy rubbish to every man woman and child who needs a feed.
The caterers don't choose to sell midstrength

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it quite ironic that, at a sporting event, there's so much focus on alcohol and not supplying too much to people and yet they sell such unhealthy rubbish to every man woman and child who needs a feed.

Stating the obvious, but full strength beer is not restricted due to health concerns, it's to stop drunk bogans fighting, invading the field, smashing s**t etc.

No one has ever been thrown out for eating too many Mrs Macs, otherwise Big Daniel would have been barred long ago

Stating the obvious, but full strength beer is not restricted due to health concerns, it's to stop drunk bogans fighting, invading the field, smashing s**t etc.

No one has ever been thrown out for eating too many Mrs Macs, otherwise Big Daniel would have been barred long ago

wambat likes this

Our company is looking at renewing their box this year, and had a whinge about the catering to be told that the catering is being handled by someone other than Mustard now. Hopefully food and service will improve in the final years of Subi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back