Universal Love Matt Arnot

Remove this Banner Ad

Deanos

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Matty Arnot is fast becoming one of my favourite players. He has pace, provides forward pressure when his down there, he isn't afraid to lay a few tackles, manages to hurt blokes twice his size, provides run and carry (mainly in the VFL but he started to show it on friday night) and he gives 110% to every contest.

Here is an article on biscuit:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-16/arnot-on-the-rise

It took about 30 seconds for the commentators to realize what a battering ram this kid is.

He is Kings replacement IMO, not Lloyd. This kid is gonna be good.

Every stoppage he got to he hit someone, cant teach that.

It took about 30 seconds for the commentators to realize what a battering ram this kid is.

This why he needs to start.
I believe Arnott would have set the scene early on against the Pies. Really believed he would have been the one to hit Macaffer.

Just read my signature. Says it all really

I reckon we could all think of a few drills...o_O;)

Would be good if he could leave his teammates out of it though. That was bloody stupid. :eek:

Youthful exuberance ??? Still would rather see them a bit keen than wuss it...(but hope he doesn't make a habit of it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Youthful exuberance ??? Still would rather see them a bit keen than wuss it...(but hope he doesn't make a habit of it)

I hope so. He needs to learn to harness his aggression because he will become a liability if he doesn't. Played footy once with a guy similar who couldn't harness it and he would often harm the teams chances more than he helped by either giving away silly free kicks or by trying to get a kick when a teammate was in a better position to take possession rather than shepherding etc. Like I said in another thread, if he had have channeled that same aggression towards Macaffer, I would have been very happy to see it!

Big fan of "Bikkies" just love the way he goes about it, hits every contest like its his last. If he gets the chance to hurt someone he will, helps out his team mates. Its everything Richmond was 25-30 years ago. If everyone could have a bit of Matty in them, the team would improve out of site.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

I hope so. He needs to learn to harness his aggression because he will become a liability if he doesn't. Played footy once with a guy similar who couldn't harness it and he would often harm the teams chances more than he helped by either giving away silly free kicks or by trying to get a kick when a teammate was in a better position to take possession rather than shepherding etc. Like I said in another thread, if he had have channeled that same aggression towards Macaffer, I would have been very happy to see it!
Only had 1 free kick against. Was very funny when he tried to compete for an uncontested mark with Gordon and they both spilled it. Gordon was very confused and agitated.

Great to have Arnot as a Tiger.

The Richmond Tiger Talk podcast guys mentioned King having a clause in his contract that says he doesn't get a 2015 gig unless he plays 12 games in 2014. King has been a true servant of the club and deserves all respect, but frankly, I think that Arnot will keep him out of the team until he has missed his chance of playing 12 games this season.

Great to have Arnot as a Tiger.

The Richmond Tiger Talk podcast guys mentioned King having a clause in his contract that says he doesn't get a 2015 gig unless he plays 12 games in 2014. King has been a true servant of the club and deserves all respect, but frankly, I think that Arnot will keep him out of the team until he has missed his chance of playing 12 games this season.

Yep. After the loss to Collingwood in the rooms, there was footage of King literally leaning over right into Gordon's face, probably telling him to keep your head up as it was not Gordon's best game of footy. It was great to see him giving support to the new guy, instilling confidence etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back