Opinion Matt De Boer - What to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Crowley is a great tagger. But he's a terrible midfielder. At some point you have to ask if it's worth the tradeoff.
Exactly. That's why players like Cameron Ling, Brett Kirk, and Kane Cornes are so much better. They could tag extremely well, yet still rake in the touches and be effective.

Can't see De Boer getting regular game time unless he takes Crowley's place. We can't have both of them in the same team.

Would the occasional game be enough of a lure for him to sign? Probably not.
So Crowley has to go.

Yeah, Crowley is a great tagger. But he's a terrible midfielder. At some point you have to ask if it's worth the tradeoff.
I think we need better than deBoer to stop using Crowley as a tagger. We have about pick 12-13 we need to get an elite mid or preferably two. We got killed inside and out by Sydney and were outclassed by Port. deBoer wasn't the worst but we need better than him.

Can't see De Boer getting regular game time unless he takes Crowley's place. We can't have both of them in the same team.

Would the occasional game be enough of a lure for him to sign? Probably not.
So Crowley has to go.

Agree totally might be time for Crowley to hand over the batton did a good job on Gray but has become very ineffective offensively.

MDB is a handy depth player. Don't see the point in trading him, we wouldn't get much for him. Can see him spending a fair bit of time in Peel next year, but I'd prefer him there than trade him for a third rounder.

MDB is a handy depth player. Don't see the point in trading him, we wouldn't get much for him. Can see him spending a fair bit of time in Peel next year, but I'd prefer him there than trade him for a third rounder.
Trouble is, we have a few handy depth players playing in the main side who are contracted. We don't need to keep another one.

I like de boer I think he is a very tough and courages player who loves the club. But I think if a trade can be worked out it should be taken. He is a depth player but is not in our best 22 his skills let us down and I'm afraid we have to many players like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crozier has to play.
Sutcliffe and Neale are just silk.

Those two at not premiership material.

And watching Pearce spud it up I was thinking: Josh Simpson, get your ******* s**t together
think our young guys are bludy good, well some of em at least.
Morabito>Pearce next year, just adds so much, another big body to the midfield as well!!

I don't have much hope for Morabito, love to see him excel but its hard to see him get a game every week. The guy is rightfully scared to make the tackles and pressure which Ross demands. Still think he should have being used a sub this year as Suban/Debour had no form and no x factor.

I don't have much hope for Morabito, love to see him excel but its hard to see him get a game every week. The guy is rightfully scared to make the tackles and pressure which Ross demands. Still think he should have being used a sub this year as Suban/Debour had no form and no x factor.
this was his first year back. Reckon having him running of HB could cause havoc for the opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back