Opinion Matt McDonough where will he play?

What position will he play?

• Forward

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Half back

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Middle

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Anywhere

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Love this kid think he is all class, heard chocco say he is a Paul Chapman type and others say he is a silky HBF type.

Where will he play?

May take a bit of time to develop. But will be good in the long run. He's clearly a smart player, I'd like him creating the play on the HF line or as a F pocket. Just creating havoc for the opposition defenders in general.

I hoped he'd be a good goalsneak. He was pretty cheap after all.
Building a tank and dropping some puppy fat should be the focus this preseason.
He can find it, use it and his VFL form changes everything.
He's a midfielder who will be a handful up forward. Massive massive upside.

I want McDonough and McBean extending contracts before R1.

sign him now dont want this kid going back to SA. was very good in the vfl all year and got better as the season wore on. start him as a small forward with stints in the middle at afl level. guy uses ball so well, kicks both sides takes a mark and wins his own ball. and hes a nugget too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Get Chapman to mentor him and McDonough can take his spot when Chappy is rested
As Chappy gets older and plays less, McDonough will play more

Mentoring is for coaches. We're not at rock bottom.
McDonough is an AFL player. He'll get better by playing 1's, not reviewing tapes with Chappy and watching from the stands.

Mentoring is for coaches. We're not at rock bottom.
McDonough is an AFL player. He'll get better by playing 1's, not reviewing tapes with Chappy and watching from the stands.
All senior players should be mentors and pass on their knowledge to the kids
Chapman is a multiple premiership player which is nothing anyone else on our list can say, he'd have plenty to pass on

Anywhere IMO - needs games and experience. Obviously suited to the forward line or even midfield but as we've seen in the past, the club isn't shy in throwing players into defence so they can learn the ropes and get that appreciation for defensive efforts.

word has it, he's one of the best kicks for goal at the club

I have very high hopes for all 3 of the Mac's

Kamdyn McIntosh 192cm 87kgs - Andrew Mackie 192cm 87kgs
Mathew McDonough 180cm 85kgs - Paul Chapman 179cm 89kgs
Liam McBean 202cm 94kgs - Brad Ottens 202cm 106kgs

still like to see MM more energised going forward than his first game. Looked slow or unfit, seemed strange but put it down to not being ready

still like to see MM more energised going forward than his first game. Looked slow or unfit, seemed strange but put it down to not being ready

I think maybe under done, this year might have been better year for him to debut after he had a year with the club.

Needs to bulk up a bit more but I can see alot of value in him

I work with his dad so often chat about how he's going, I mentioned to him after his debut he looked good just his skills let him down, alot of kicks missed target or were bombed long.

I think maybe under done, this year might have been better year for him to debut after he had a year with the club.

Needs to bulk up a bit more but I can see alot of value in him

I work with his dad so often chat about how he's going, I mentioned to him after his debut he looked good just his skills let him down, alot of kicks missed target or were bombed long.

Rance used to get a bit hyped up on the field. But the coaches got him to calm down a bit. If they can achieve that with the Trossman they can do it with pretty much anyone. I'm excited about Matt Mc a lot of good reports coming out of the RFC about him :thumbsu:

P.S Always surprising who people on BF come into contact with...Great :thumbsu:

Back