bigburger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2008
Imagineland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, WDCC, Force
In my opinion he definitely should be regarded as elite. The kid is an out and out champion player with what he brings to the table each week. Last year he was absolutely outstanding but this year I think he will go to a new level.

Priddis had 17 clearances in round 1 against two clearance machines in Boyd and Cross which is an unbelievable effort. Add to that his disposal efficiency in the first two rounds has averaged 70%. For a legitimately in and under player that is a supreme effort.

You just have to watch him in the last 5 minutes of each quarter to see how good he is. He has absolutely tireless endeavour and in my opinion should be regarded much higher by the football supporting public.

So do you think he matches it with some of the other more high profile inside mids?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a gun clearance player....doesn't hurt though that he has the two best tap ruckman in the league feeding him the ball.

These guys would make Aaron Fiora look an elite inside ball winner..

He is a gun clearance player....doesn't hurt though that he has the two best tap ruckman in the league feeding him the ball.

These guys would make Aaron Fiora look an elite inside ball winner..

Or Dustin Martin, Brett Delidio and Trent Cotchin.:thumbsu:

Well he is not playing this weekend ("injured" or , more likely, rested) so people won't have any new figures to debate for the next week where Matt is concerned !

Quality player who has vastly improved his hurt factor.

But....WC fans are starting to overrate him a bit, he is not top tier.

Yep, he's a good player better then most but he's not in the elite bracket

Priddis is a very, very good and consistent footballer, but falls short of 'elite' there is only about 20 players in the league I consider elite TBH.

He's better then any player at Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, if that is any consolation...

In my opinion he definitely should be regarded as elite. The kid is an out and out champion player with what he brings to the table each week. Last year he was absolutely outstanding but this year I think he will go to a new level.

Priddis had 17 clearances in round 1 against two clearance machines in Boyd and Cross which is an unbelievable effort. Add to that his disposal efficiency in the first two rounds has averaged 70%. For a legitimately in and under player that is a supreme effort.

You just have to watch him in the last 5 minutes of each quarter to see how good he is. He has absolutely tireless endeavour and in my opinion should be regarded much higher by the football supporting public.

So do you think he matches it with some of the other more high profile inside mids?

everytime a supporter makes a thread talking up their own club or player you realise you make all of us who support that club look stupid?!

please dont

Priddis is a very, very good and consistent footballer, but falls short of 'elite' there is only about 20 players in the league I consider elite TBH.

He's better then any player at Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, if that is any consolation...

Scott Thompson?
Jonathon Brown?
Jack Trengove?
Jack Ziebell?
Matthew Boyd?

I've got a lot of time for Matthew Priddis and he's really improved his disposal, so I would not say that he is a "clearance machine" and that's that.

But he's not elite and to be honest those are just a few of the players I could name at those clubs who I would rate more highly than Priddis (although I'd probably struggle to add more from Brisbane or Melbourne).

Having said that, he'd be a walk-up start at any club.

Scott Thompson? yes
Jonathon Brown? no
Jack Trengove? easily
Jack Ziebell? yes
Matthew Boyd? yes (just)

I've got a lot of time for Matthew Priddis and he's really improved his disposal, so I would not say that he is a "clearance machine" and that's that.

But he's not elite and to be honest those are just a few of the players I could name at those clubs who I would rate more highly than Priddis (although I'd probably struggle to add more from Brisbane or Melbourne).

Having said that, he'd be a walk-up start at any club.

there you go:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back