Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Matt Scharenberg

DOB 18/09/95

Pitching to be a star:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-12/pitching-to-be-a-star-

261551-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
Matt Sharenberg playing for South Australia during the 2012 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships​

Would love this guy at Essendon but will be taken well before our first available pick.

Where will he go in the draft? Would love him at GC off a HBF

I have him top five and wouldn't be surprised if he's entrenched in everyone's top three after the national champs. Reckon you'll be a good chance of getting him.

I have him top 5 as well.

However, I'd be fairly surprised if he came into top 3 calculations. It'd be great if he does. One of my favorites for this draft.

The Corey Enright of this year's draft?
Not in my opinion, because I don't consider him to be a half back really. Plays just as well as a big bodied mid or a roaming wing. I think there's a fair bit of Koutoufides about him, maybe a less physical but more productive Tom Bell.

Not sure who is comparable to Enright in this year's crop.

Seeing him last year, I thought he was too loose in defence, but very talented. This year he has improved a fair bit and looks a top 5 pick easily. Like Sin City, I don't see him spending a lot of time as a defensive player at AFL level.

The Scharenberg Hype Train gaining some steam right about now. Looked a lot like Sam Fisher in that video. Looks good, but I'm not totally convinced he's worth a top 3 pick, let alone #1 based on that. Would like to see him play proficiently in other positions in the coming matches.

Reminds me a lot of a tall Jimmy Bartel in his later years. Can play on either flank, roll through the middle and take a mark. Could very well be the third best player behind Aish and Boyd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the reverse David Mundy.

Mundy started forward and moved to the middle, Scharenberg is more of a half back, that will move into a similar role as Mundy now imo.

Same sort of height, skills etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back