Matthew Kreuzer is injured again

Remove this Banner Ad

Very sad news for Humphrey as he's worked so hard to get back,I know it's hard finding any real positives from this but hopefully he doesn't miss too much footy and can come back strong & have better luck and play most of the season:).

The worst fears & I have this awful gut feeling that we won't see him in the 1st half of the season. :(

Kreuzer may miss more than six weeks
Well of course.

The club never seems to get injury timelines right and in this case, you can only really guess how long a stress fracture will keep the big fella sidelined for.

4-6 weeks is probably when they first assess things again.

Club do have a bit of a habit of under-selling the extent player injuries (and in turn the various time frames for recovery), but they have come out today and said the injury mightn't be as bad as initially thought so fingers crossed Matty can do a Jaksch , he's certainly due a bit of luck ...

“It’s certainly a lot more minor setback than we first thought ... it’s not in the same spot that his previous fracture was, it’s along the bone a little bit and it’s a very stable fracture,” McKay said.

Kreuzer might have to lessen the training load, McLean was permanently injured for the first year and a half of his contract then stepped back the training intensity and found himself healthy and being one of our best contributors. Shane Watson couldn't put back to back innings together, stepped back the training and won the Allan Border Medal.

Big Kreuze may just be one of those bloke that plays his best on a Saturday then spends the rest of the week in the rehab group.

Is there an issue with the way they are managing him?

Is a crack in the foot due to a freak incident or poor management of a player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked on the ground down there lately? It looks amazing but is like carpet laid over concrete...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club do have a bit of a habit of under-selling the extent player injuries (and in turn the various time frames for recovery), but they have come out today and said the injury mightn't be as bad as initially thought so fingers crossed Matty can do a Jaksch , he's certainly due a bit of luck ...

“It’s certainly a lot more minor setback than we first thought ... it’s not in the same spot that his previous fracture was, it’s along the bone a little bit and it’s a very stable fracture,” McKay said.
Macca was one of my faves growing up but I cringe everytime I hear him speak about injury timelines

Kreuzer might have to lessen the training load, McLean was permanently injured for the first year and a half of his contract then stepped back the training intensity and found himself healthy and being one of our best contributors. Shane Watson couldn't put back to back innings together, stepped back the training and won the Allan Border Medal.

Big Kreuze may just be one of those bloke that plays his best on a Saturday then spends the rest of the week in the rehab group.

Agreed - worked for Lance Whitnall

... oh wait :$

Can't Macca get the surgical kit on and graft a bull terrier's jawbone to Kreuz's foot? Well?

My first thoughts when reading this were literally:

'****. Stick a fork in him, he's done'.

I've been a big Kreuzer supporter all over this site, but I hate to say that those thoughts ran through my head initially as well. I just feel for the lad and for us as supporters, because early on he looked like he was going to be a beauty for us; the best of the three No.1's. The game itself has sadly been robbed of a talent these last few years.

I can't help but wonder if there's some biomechanical issue with his body that the club hasn't picked up on (or aren't talking about publicly) that keeps leading to unnecessary stress on the bones in the his feet. Get his contract done and throw the kitchen sink at a solution I reckon. He's still young enough to be a great player for the club and he's such a likeable player.

I've been a big Kreuzer supporter all over this site, but I hate to say that those thoughts ran through my head initially as well. I just feel for the lad and for us as supporters, because early on he looked like he was going to be a beauty for us; the best of the three No.1's. The game itself has sadly been robbed of a talent these last few years.

I can't help but wonder if there's some biomechanical issue with his body that the club hasn't picked up on (or aren't talking about publicly) that keeps leading to unnecessary stress on the bones in the his feet. Get his contract done and throw the kitchen sink at a solution I reckon. He's still young enough to be a great player for the club and he's such a likeable player.
Ditto - And one has to wonder - if his foot isn't up to the task in general training/intraclub games, why is it that we'd expect him to go forward and regularly kick goals? Surely that's just asking for trouble..

Memberships could be another, knowing Big Kruze won't be playing til round 15 won't help with Carlton supporters who're umming and ahhing... would make getting the '5 in 5' target near impossible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back