HyperAgressiveDonk

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2008
Red Moon
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
City Middle & Angela Surf City
All these big fellas are currently 23 and look to have bright futures in the game. Which player will be the best out of the three in question?

Ryder? He runs out and can be lazy and dis-interested - you cannot say that about the other 2. Goldy just over Leuy and a big gap to Ryder.

Ryder has the most upside, is the best around the ground by far and in the second half of the season was the most effective at getting a tap down to a teammate in the comp. That said, Goldstein and Leuenburger spend a lot more time in the ruck than Paddy does and have had better years. Paddy also needs to work on his intensity and make sure that he's up for important moments

Ryder's a more accomplished footballer around the ground; the other two are better rucks; if you're looking for a ruck you'd take one of the 2m+ guys who always play there.
Ryder's massively under-rated given how he ended the year... but prolly take Goldstein all the same. More of a sure thing.

Ryder has the most upside, is the best around the ground by far and in the second half of the season was the most effective at getting a tap down to a teammate in the comp. That said, Goldstein and Leuenburger spend a lot more time in the ruck than Paddy does and have had better years. Paddy also needs to work on his intensity and make sure that he's up for important moments

What a load of crap!! Is Hird that stupid that he would play the best tap ruckman in the comp at CHB? The 2nd half of the year Ryder averaged 19 hit outs, Goldy 36 and Leuy 34. Those 19 must have been flawless.:rolleyes:

Ryder has the least up side of the 3 and will be miles behind in this vote. His worst is deplorable and he drops his head when things do not go his way. This poll is who will become the best player - not ruckman. More chance of Ryder being a wasted talent than becoming elite - opposite for the other 2.

Did you see him make a witches hat out of Ben Hudson ?
Ryder's form was absolutely nothing to do with why he played on Cloke.
Regardless, he certainly destroyed the form bigman in the comp that day, so, umm... that proves he's no good?

{I assumed that was the "%effective" stat. And I wouldn't be all that surprised; he's always been pretty damaging with his taps; it's the bullocking & forcing a stoppage that Ryder struggles with (and prolly always will).}

Did you see him make a witches hat out of Ben Hudson ?
Ryder's form was absolutely nothing to do with why he played on Cloke.
Regardless, he certainly destroyed the form bigman in the comp that day, so, umm... that proves he's no good?

{I assumed that was the "%effective" stat. And I wouldn't be all that surprised; he's always been pretty damaging with his taps; it's the bullocking & forcing a stoppage that Ryder struggles with (and prolly always will).}

Did you see the Hawks game when after 10 minutes he gave up - raised the white flag and had zero impact on the game? His good is good - his bad is disgraceful. The other 2 do not drop off like Ryder does and completely go missing. You can have all the talent in the world but if you are mentally weak then it will be wasted. This maybe why you did not vote for him?

What a load of crap!! Is Hird that stupid that he would play the best tap ruckman in the comp at CHB? The 2nd half of the year Ryder averaged 19 hit outs, Goldy 36 and Leuy 34. Those 19 must have been flawless.:rolleyes:

Ryder has the least up side of the 3 and will be miles behind in this vote. His worst is deplorable and he drops his head when things do not go his way. This poll is who will become the best player - not ruckman. More chance of Ryder being a wasted talent than becoming elite - opposite for the other 2.
When did he ever play CHB? :confused: Apart from the one time against Cloke late in the year?

Did you see the Hawks game when after 10 minutes he gave up - raised the white flag and had zero impact on the game? His good is good - his bad is disgraceful.
If we're judging harshly for raising the white flag against the Hawks, the Dogs will be after an entire new list...

I do get that. He had 6 weeks of pure, unmitigated, utter s**t... no qualms there. Most of which he was playing FF/3rd in line ruckman. Do you think Leunberger or Goldstein would go well as FF?
Wrapped around that 6 weeks, was 16 weeks of (mainly) gold. Destroyed Ottens/Geelong, destroyed Cloke, destroyed a lot of very, very, very good players.

The other 2 do not drop off like Ryder does and completely go missing. You can have all the talent in the world but if you are mentally weak then it will be wasted. This maybe why you did not vote for him?
As I said, I do think the other two are surer things, if you're going after a ruck and ruck only; and ostensibly you would be.
But let's be realistic, the other two have only had one good season each. Ryder's had 3 or so at this similar level.

Of course they'll win the poll; they've had a season where they've burst onto the scene; Ryder has been around 3 or 4 years. New, shiny things!
Remember the gold served up here... Martin > Swan; Higgins > Thomas etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're judging harshly for raising the white flag against the Hawks, the Dogs will be after an entire new list...

I do get that. He had 6 weeks of pure, unmitigated, utter s**t... no qualms there. Most of which he was playing FF/3rd in line ruckman. Do you think Leunberger or Goldstein would go well as FF?
Wrapped around that 6 weeks, was 16 weeks of (mainly) gold. Destroyed Ottens/Geelong, destroyed Cloke, destroyed a lot of very, very, very good players.

As I said, I do think the other two are surer things, if you're going after a ruck and ruck only; and ostensibly you would be.
But let's be realistic, the other two have only had one good season each. Ryder's had 3 or so at this similar level.

Of course they'll win the poll; they've had a season where they've burst onto the scene; Ryder has been around 3 or 4 years. New, shiny things!

"He had 6 weeks of pure, unmitigated, utter s**t" point out when the other 2 ruckmen dished up this in 2011?

Ryder has had 3 years like Goldstein??? Wow must have missed his 3 AA noms.

You served up your own gold - Mark Shotgun Williams > Drew Petrie in 2011. Petrie still a hack?

You served up your own gold - Mark Shotgun Williams > Drew Petrie in 2011. Petrie still a hack?

Essendon paid 1m for Mark Williams over 3 years as well. Hawthorn knew he has a degenerative knee, so I can't believe Essendon actually paid that much for him. He was a week to week prospect. One of the worst pick ups in recent history. Almost as bad as when we gave North Melbourne Jonathan Hay, or Fremantle Trent Croad for the number 1 pick ( Luke Hodge ), and then got Croad back later on down the track :D

Sorry off topic a bit.

I haven't voted yet, but I would be leaning towards Leuenberger. Just take him over Goldstein and then Ryder would be the last one I would pick. The only reason I would pick Ryder last, is purely because of attitude issues. I actually think Ryder has the most "natural talent" out of the three though.

This post is ridiculous and is simply another hawthorn supporter trying to undermine a great player.

Ryder is streets ahead of either of these two players, have goldstein or leuey ever taken a mark like Ryder has? I think not. Ryder has better athletic ability, is a better mark and can play in the forward line and dominate. I would say in a couple of years time Ryder will have multiple AA selections under his belt.

Ryder can't compete with Leuenberger or Goldstein as far as ruck work goes and even then he is way to inconstant, goes missing for large chunks of games and doesn't seem to have the body strength of the other 2 boys.

I still feel there is heaps of improvement left in Goldy and he was easily a top 2 ruckmen this year, so I'll go with Goldy followed closely by Leuenberger with Ryder in a distant third.

It is a bit pathetic, and pretty transparent.

I'm off to start Rockliff v Robbie Gray v Rioli; because I think I can argue that a Hawks player will lose it. Oh, wait, no, no I'm not, because I'm not that sad.

Geez I just realised that I really, really get under your skin don't I... The funny thing is, is that I don't even mean to. I started this poll because they are three ruckmen, who are 23, who all are potential guns. I think it's a very legitimite poll between three closely matched players, who are the same age and play the same position. My recent polls haven't included Essendon players.

I said Ryder is the most talented out of the three as well. Stop being so self-righteous.

This post is ridiculous and is simply another hawthorn supporter trying to undermine a great player.

Ryder is streets ahead of either of these two players, have goldstein or leuey ever taken a mark like Ryder has? I think not. Ryder has better athletic ability, is a better mark and can play in the forward line and dominate. I would say in a couple of years time Ryder will have multiple AA selections under his belt.

Goldsetin took a great mark this year and his 5 goal haul is better than Ryders 4 goal best effort. He maybe a better mark and have better athletic ability but he is miles behind the other 2 for mental toughness. His worst games in 2011 were a lot worse than the other 2.

Ryder will never get an AA selection and if you believe Ryder is a great player then Stanton must be a God to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back