Free Agency Matthew Leuenberger signed to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah.

Speculation is one thing, but when people are claiming their speculation as truth with "the word is.." and "my sources tell me.." In relation to Brisbane players then I want to know what their sources are. Other clubs I couldn't care less.

Otherwise their postings are little more than speculation and opinion and can be dismissed as such. Reading and repeating a post off Facebook isn't really a creditable source.

Occasionally you need the coach to come on social media to dismiss unfounded rumours. And that was done very successfully by Leppitsch last year.

In the majority of cases relating to Brisbane, I think I have more creditable sources than they do.

And weren't you going to ignore me? Couldn't resist I guess.

You know what I reckon. I reckon if you stay strong, and refute all these rumours and dismiss them as here-say in as an aggressive and rude manner as you have done so, and even demand that in the case of Nakia demand he name his source - never-mind the loss of friendship(s) - never-mind the loss of employment of said source(s) and if that doesn't happen, I reckon we can assume, assume that, all these supposed Brisbane walk-outs will stay.

Yep, if you can create really abrupt and aggressive arguments on here and quote sentence by sentence, I reckon if you can win those arguments, that will affect the outcome.

I reckon both of Aish and Mayes will stay, if you can make a really strong, hard-hitting, aggressive and abrupt arguments. You're doing good champ, keep on punching. :thumbsu:

You know what I reckon. I reckon if you stay strong, and refute all these rumours and dismiss them as here-say in as an aggressive and rude manner as you have done so, and even demand that in the case of Nakia demand he name his source - never-mind the loss of friendship(s) - never-mind the loss of employment of said source(s) and if that doesn't happen, I reckon we can assume, assume that, all these supposed Brisbane walk-outs will stay.

Yep, if you can create really abrupt and aggressive arguments on here and quote sentence by sentence, I reckon if you can win those arguments, that will affect the outcome.

I reckon both of Aish and Mayes will stay, if you can make a really strong, hard-hitting, aggressive and abrupt arguments. You're doing good champ, keep on punching. :thumbsu:

Dropped Redden already of the conversation did we? :oops:
$100 bet?? :oops::oops:

Dropped Redden already of the conversation did we? :oops:
$100 bet?? :oops::oops:

I dropped Redden because out of the three, he's the only one that's come out and said he wants to be traded. The poster I'm replying to needs this sort of evidence otherwise all the smoke, and it's billowing smoke in regards to Aish, is just here-say.

So yeah, I'll bet you $100 still, no make that $1,000 :D

You know what I reckon. I reckon if you stay strong, and refute all these rumours and dismiss them as here-say

For the moment, rumours are hear-say. Redden is the only one that has asked for a trade beyond doubt. Now there's more hearsay that Redden might be staying at Brisbane. How is this known?

and even demand that in the case of Nakia demand he name his source - never-mind the loss of friendship(s) - never-mind the loss of employment of said source(s) and if that doesn't happen, I reckon we can assume, assume that, all these supposed Brisbane walk-outs will stay.

No. What we can say confidently is that the rumours that X and Y will leave, go elsewhere, etc. etc. are little more than unsubstantiated rumour. This is a speculation board and as such I don't really care if people post speculation, trade hypotheticals, discuss what a player is worth on the market and so on. It's pretty clear exactly what those posts are.

It is those posts that declare they have the 'inside word', the 'scoop' that X or Y will, without doubt 100% leave or be traded to Z club.

If such a claim is made without a source, then of course the veracity of such claim can be questioned or queried. That poster doesn't have to provide his source, if he /she doesn't want to, but neither do I have to believe their claim.

Seriously? You think that somehow I think that that 'winning' an argument on here will affect the outcome of players moving? Come on.

I don't know if players from Brisbane are staying or going. I'm asking how you (or anyone else) knows for certain. Are you a manager? Journalist? Club official? Teammate?

Because there are some pretty confident declarations made on here that a particular course of action is going to happen, along the lines of Player X is definitely going to move to Club Y. I'm entitled to ask, if you are so confident that such an action will take place, how do you know this? What's your source?

I reckon both of Aish and Mayes will stay, if you can make a really strong, hard-hitting, aggressive and abrupt arguments.

They may stay. They may go. How do you know they're going?

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest for Leuenberger ATM.

I'm sure come trade week there will be plenty of suitors. This guy is a pretty good player when up and going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy with any compo for leuy as it'll help with the drafting of our academy players

We won't get pick 4 for sure I'd imagine.
It will be interesting what Carlton and Brisbane get for Kreuzer and Leunberger.

I have a feeling both will will be band 2 (at the end of first round) but you never know with the AFL.

It will be interesting what Carlton and Brisbane get for Kreuzer and Leunberger.

I have a feeling both will will be band 2 (at the end of first round) but you never know with the AFL.

I think with the "make things up as we go along" rule in place the AFL won't want Brisbane to get shafted, end of first round compo for Kreuzer.

You're bang on for both in my opinion

I think with the "make things up as we go along" rule in place the AFL won't want Brisbane to get shafted, end of first round compo for Kreuzer.

You're bang on for both in my opinion
I agree on your points but if they give Bris band 1 compo, they will prob give Carlton that as well.

Means Carlton gets 1 and 2 while Bris get 3 and 4. Would that suit you and other Bris fans?

As a pies fan, i can understand if that happens. Doesnt mean i agree with it.

I agree on your points but if they give Bris band 1 compo, they will prob give Carlton that as well.

Means Carlton gets 1 and 2 while Bris get 3 and 4. Would that suit you and other Bris fans?

As a pies fan, i can understand if that happens. Doesnt mean i agree with it.

Can never complain about getting two top 5 picks in my opinion

It depends if Carlton pick Schasche, if not, then I'd be absolutely over the moon, if so, I'd still be over the moon with Francis and Parish (I'm assuming weitering is pick 1)

In all honesty it's a system that works in practice, if you're a lower team, you get higher compensation.

I start to worry for the integrity of the system though when Carlton lowball Kreuzer as to obtain the compo pick.

It's sort of equalisation in a sense though, if bottom clubs were losing top talent at the end of each year and only receiving dud picks in exchange, that'd hurt as well.

It's a really complicated issue, I'm happy for the club to be on the positive end of things

There's no way Burgers true value is pick 4, but I don't think anyone disputes that, it's just how the system goes.

What would Sydney offer do you think? I'd be pretty confident it would have to be a trade if he did go to the Swans.

Why would it be a trade? The $350k limit applies to both free agency and trades. Making it a trade doesn't gain Sydney anything.

I was more alluding to leuy taking a big pay cut to be the main ruck at a successful team. Unlikely, I agree. But you never know.

Sydney would offer right on that 340k mark. He is a great player. But personally, I wouldn't spend more than 400k a season on him. Injury prone and has played his best as a sole ruckman. Red flags on both of them for most clubs, especially with the sub rule being abolished and 2 rucks likely to return to our game.

Sydney would offer right on that 340k mark. He is a great player. But personally, I wouldn't spend more than 400k a season on him. Injury prone and has played his best as a sole ruckman. Red flags on both of them for most clubs, especially with the sub rule being abolished and 2 rucks likely to return to our game.

Confident he'd be on more than $400k now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back