Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
18/9/95, 191cm, 88kg, Glenelg

Callum Twomey - AFL.com.au

The mobile utility has had a foot injury that's sidelined him for about a month, something that occurred through overuse. That won't make any difference to his standing in this year's draft, given he has shown his ability over the last two years. Scharenberg has spent a majority of the year through half-back but also moved into the middle and occasionally in attack. He is quick, smart, and uses the ball well.

Emma Quayle - The Age

A true utility whose reading of the play – at half-back particularly – is first class​
Bio

Once described by Mark Williams as the best schoolboy talent he had seen since Wayne Carey, the South Australian is extremely composed in his disposal and shows great temperament in heavy traffic. Scharenberg is a 190cm key position player who is equally comfortable forward or back. Had an outstanding NAB AFL Under-18 Championships which saw him collect back-to-back All Australian selections in 2012-13. Scharenberg came runner-up in the Larke Medal for the best player in Division One and his ability to read the play and strong hands make him an unstoppable force in the air. Is considered a strong chance to be selected in the top-five in this year's draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/matthew-scharenberg

Welcome aboard to THE BERG.:)

He will be a star, even if he wasn't my first choice.

He fills a need with Shaw gone and Maxwell as good as gone, we made the choice that we needed to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Iceberg is going to be a gun. Was really hopeful we'd pick him over Aish, not to say Aish isn't a gun as well but I just think Matt shows a ridiculous amount of growth potential (not just physically) and moreso than Aish. If we could have gotten both that would have been unreal, but absolutely rapt to get Scharenberg at 6!

Great pick up and for me the most suitable player for the Pies in the entire draft after Boyd. Not as enthused about the Freeman pickup however. A number of more suitable options available IMO. He basically plays the exact same role as what we drafted Kennedy for.

Welcome aboard to THE BERG.:)

He will be a star, even if he wasn't my first choice.

He fills a need with Shaw gone and Maxwell as good as gone, we made the choice that we needed to make.

Yeah we know that you where a Fan of Aish but we went with Need with Pick 6

Fills a MASSIVE need for us as a 3rd tall defender. Even better, I haven't even considered what other positions he could play for us if he is as multi-dimensional as said.
Once he gets his feet right, I think we might have a potential NAB Rising Star winner on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back