Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From club people thats the total opposite what your mate says.
Who really knows but push comes to shove ill have to take club people v unknown assailant

True. But clubs always say everyone is the ants pants until they leave and they suddenly become a flog.

True. But clubs always say everyone is the ants pants until they leave and they suddenly become a flog.
That is very true
So what do we do then?
Let them play well and the rest is pretty irrelevant

Not sure what the fuss is with Sharenberg. A couple of his defensive efforts on Menzel early on were poor and from what Ive seen the best he will be is an honest plodder.

Also its funny when someone wants to leave the club the line is 'if he doesnt want to be here he can f**k off" whereas with Sharenberg its like begging him to stay........:$

Lived with a friend of mine, gets 250k, 400 spending a week & leasing a BMW X5, recently moved out as my mate couldn't stand him, thought his Shute don't stink and didn't like his attitude about only being here for the money and would jump ship at a better offer

Not my words by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Recently one of the players was saying in an interview (maybe Black & White show) that Cox was one of the hardest working and professional players on the track and in the weights room.

Recently one of the players was saying in an interview (maybe Black & White show) that Cox was one of the hardest working and professional players on the track and in the weights room.

Both accounts could very well be true. There are many hardworking up themselves tossers in the AFL.

Not sure what the fuss is with Sharenberg. A couple of his defensive efforts on Menzel early on were poor and from what Ive seen the best he will be is an honest plodder.

Also its funny when someone wants to leave the club the line is 'if he doesnt want to be here he can f**k off" whereas with Sharenberg its like begging him to stay........:$
Just wondering, im a bit confused here.
Young player comes back from bad feet problems, does his knee, comes back with no proper pre season, plays senior football, was an outstanding junior, yet you say he's an honest plodder, at best.
Thats some standard you set

Just wondering, im a bit confused here.
Young player comes back from bad feet problems, does his knee, comes back with no proper pre season, plays senior football, was an outstanding junior, yet you say he's an honest plodder, at best.
Thats some standard you set

He's just trollin', all G.

Both accounts could very well be true. There are many hardworking up themselves tossers in the AFL.
Not so sure that the negative feedback on Cox isn't accentuated by different perspectives on professional sport between Australians and Americans. There's no such thing as loyalty to a club over there. It's all about getting the best deal for yourself, and that's it.
Whilst Mason may be an incredibly hard worker, well liked, and unlike Shae, able to keep his ego in check, it wouldn't at all surprise me if he took the attitude of playing for $$$, and be very mercenary-like in regards to fielding offers from rival clubs if he becomes good enough.

It's not neccessarily a slight on him, rather than the culture surrounding professional sports he has been brought up with. That attitude may or may not change after a couple of years in the AFL system.

Not so sure that the negative feedback on Cox isn't accentuated by different perspectives on professional sport between Australians and Americans. There's no such thing as loyalty to a club over there. It's all about getting the best deal for yourself, and that's it.
Whilst Mason may be an incredibly hard worker, well liked, and unlike Shae, able to keep his ego in check, it wouldn't at all surprise me if he took the attitude of playing for $$$, and be very mercenary-like in regards to fielding offers from rival clubs if he becomes good enough.

It's not neccessarily a slight on him, rather than the culture surrounding professional sports he has been brought up with. That attitude may or may not change after a couple of years in the AFL system.
That might be too sensible a post
There is a huge cultural difference. You are right.
Freo plays Melb in Australia we say: (Freo) we respect Melbourne, we have to play well to win, it will be a tough work out.
Same scenario in USA: (Freo) we will pump Melbourne, we have the better team ,they're playing poorly, they're soft, we wont let such a poor side get near us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think this?
Shae is one of the nicest people you could meet.
I'm also friends with him on Facebook & he is not stuck up at all.

There was an episode on the Black and White show were a bunch of the players were joking about how arrogant Shae was.

Also for memory his twitter name is a variation of "diamond in the rough" because that's what he sees himself as.

There was an episode on the Black and White show were a bunch of the players were joking about how arrogant Shae was.

Also for memory his twitter name is a variation of "diamond in the rough" because that's what he sees himself as.

I used to go to the family day every year.
My kids met him and my daughter said he was one of the nicest guys she met.
She was perhaps 15-16 at the time.
Communicates with me regularly on Facebook.
I'm not a star chaser either.
I don't believe in worshiping footballers or anyone.
If you are nice to me, I will be nice back.
If you are a flog and stuck up w@nker, you will get the same treatment - no matter who you are.

Last edited:
Lived with a friend of mine, gets 250k, 400 spending a week & leasing a BMW X5, recently moved out as my mate couldn't stand him, thought his Shute don't stink and didn't like his attitude about only being here for the money and would jump ship at a better offer

Not my words by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like your mate got knocked back, no biggie, happens to the best of us.

I used to go to the family day every year.
My kids met him and my daughter said he was one of the nicest guys she met.
She was perhaps 15-16 at the time.
Communicates with me regularly on Facebook.
I'm not a star chaser either.
I don't believe in worshiping footballers or anyone.
If you are nice to me, I will be nice back.
If you are a flog and stuck up w@nker, you will get the same treatment - no matter who you are.

Your personal anecdote is at odds with what literally everyone else has said about him.

Just need to read his twitter to get a dose of it

Your personal anecdote is at odds with what literally everyone else has said about him.

Just need to read his twitter to get a dose of it

I follow him on twitter.
Don't follow him if he irritates you.
Problem easily solved.
I don't care what others think about him.
Some probably find me a pain in the ass. You think I care?
I have blocked Robbo & Barrett on twitter because they annoy me.

I follow him on twitter.
Don't follow him if he irritates you.
Problem easily solved.
I don't care what others think about him.
Some probably find me a pain in the ass. You think I care?
I have blocked Robbo & Barrett on twitter because they annoy me.
Stick to your guns
Each to their own opinions
If someone is good to you, fair enough to like them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back