Toast Matthew Suckling

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a bitch! - & you are still a tosser talking about our players with such little regard!

If you didn't realise he missed last year & has only been back a few games.

I frankly can't cop you!

I said in heat situations. Not a bitch generally. When the heat is on he bitches out of the contest. In order to wear the hawthorn jumper it is a prerequisite to be hard in heat situations.

KOLOKOTRONIS

And yet Birchall was one of only two Hawks players to get votes in the coaches votes from the weekend's game (the other being Gunston).
very surprising. Birchall had 20 possessions in the second half and was good but Suckling had only 4 touches in the second half and was not great defensively. Maybe he was asked to do a job and was successful at it?

I said in heat situations. Not a bitch generally. When the heat is on he bitches out of the contest. In order to wear the hawthorn jumper it is a prerequisite to be hard in heat situations.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Do you ever post when we are winning? I only ever see you pop your head in here after a loss.

Suckling may be soft in the contest at times but you're a soft supporter, that's if I can even call you a 'supporter'.

Last edited:
Do you ever post when we are winning? I only ever see you pop your head in here after a loss.

Suckling may we soft in the contest at times but you're a soft supporter, that's if I can even call you a 'supporter'.

Been posting many times after a win, and fiercely defend our club on other boards, however reality posts are necessary also. Soft supporters are those who ignore facts. Suckling extremely lucky to get a game this week. I hope he redeems himself.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Been posting many times after a win, and fiercely defend our club on other boards, however reality posts are necessary also. Soft supporters are those who ignore facts. Suckling extremely lucky to get a game this week. I hope he redeems himself.

KOLOKOTRONIS

suckling was disappointing today….his turnovers were multiple and terrible…i like the look of hallahan, and we should persist with the Son and Duryea…i do not like simpkins kicking

suckling was disappointing today….his turnovers were multiple and terrible…i like the look of hallahan, and we should persist with the Son and Duryea…i do not like simpkins kicking

Regrettably Suckling failed again today.. Too fancy and bad short disposal. Wrong thread for the others. Suckling is not big stage material. Never will be.

KOLOKOTRONIS

It's pretty simple, he's out of form, so put him back to box hill until he learns how to defend, be accountable and stop trying to pull off the miraculous kick out of the backline.

Right now his kicking is only useful forward of centre. I feel very uncomfortable when he's kicking out of the backline.

He played like a dude with no confidence.
It wa rather painful. Hopefully he can het his groove back
To be honest, I thought he was a block with too much confidence.

Some of those kicks he attempted were impossible, he needs to stop reading his own press and go back to the basics.

Reality is, he is not in our best 22.
Kicking is over rated and only lethal occasionally.
Has no defencive game, barley chases and can't lay affective tackles.
I'm sure he is a great bloke, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Matthew Suckling, I just don't believe he is in our best 22 when we have a full list to choose from. I would honestly prefer to see Hallahan in the team instead.

To be honest, I thought he was a block with too much confidence.

Some of those kicks he attempted were impossible, he needs to stop reading his own press and go back to the basics.
Fair enough.
From where we were, the main ones we saw him miss should've been easy and the head seemed down.
But we were top deck. :D

Fair enough.
From where we were, the main ones we saw him miss should've been easy and the head seemed down.
But we were top deck. :D
Nah, you are probably right. He is terribly out of form at the moment, we can both agree about that.

Thank God we have St Kilda next week so he can hopefully recapture his early season form or he may lose he spot to Schoenmakers or someone for the Sydney match. Doubt he will though, I think the coaching unit sees him as best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, you are probably right. He is terribly out of form at the moment, we can both agree about that.

Thank God we have St Kilda next week so he can hopefully recapture his early season form or he may lose he spot to Schoenmakers or someone for the Sydney match. Doubt he will though, I think the coaching unit sees him as best 22.

In trouble I think. he is trying to play like a superstar. He is being to bloody cute. I mean missing targets from 20m away..... Cmon!!

Plenty of people kicked poorly yesterday, conditions may have played a part.

Think pig is going ok considering he is coming back from a year off and still only a developing player

Love how some people need to go to box hill to find form and others need to be left in seniors to develop, think I will leave it up to the coaches ;)

When Schoenmakers is ready Suckling might be in trouble. Also not good Duryea having a good game recently.

I don't think they'll drop Suckers for Schoey.

For mine, Suckers is competing with guys like Duryea 9as you identify) and Langers, Hallahan and Simpkin for a spot. IMHO Schoey coming back in will just release Hodge / Burgers / Mitchell to spend more time in the middle and up forward and less time across half back.

Regrettably Suckling failed again today.. Too fancy and bad short disposal. Wrong thread for the others. Suckling is not big stage material. Never will be.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Short memory.....

upload_2014-4-28_12-59-55.png

p.s. You don't need to sign off your posts... we can see from the left hand side who has posted.. It just makes you look like a flog.

Surprised to see Suckers DE% 77.3 yesterday... Like many others I thought he had a poor game with his disposal.. Maybe it was a couple of howlers that made it look worse than it actually was.
I'm just dumbfounded by these sort of stats. Suckers confuses the f#@k out of me (as do a few others) as I tend to recall the "howlers" far easier than his 4 or 5 bounce run up the wing. When you're passionate about your team it's hard to be objective!

Last edited:
I'm just confused by these sort of stats. Suckers confuses the f#@k out of me (as do a few others) as I tend to recall the "howlers" far easier than his 4 or 5 bounce run up the wing. When you're passionate about your team it's hard to be objective!

Thankfully he confuses defenders as to where they expect him to kick the pill also..

I wish the fickle supporters would just take a deep breath sometimes. Suckers is never going to be Mr contested ball. He is in the side to be damaging by foot and provide run!! (18 running bounces, 2nd to Smith). He bites off more than anyone else in the AFL and with that are going to come some clangers. The difference is with Suckers is that one of his kicks can put a player in 20m of space and result in an easy goal invaluable in todays game.

First things first - I love this blokes left foot and how he goes about it...I used to watch him at Box Hill and wonder how the hell this fella wasn't getting a game now Secondly the way he has turned the ball over the last couple of weeks it's like it's got in head about just how good a kick he is but something has happened and that's escaping him....his is an 70 to 80 meter playing run 15 odd meters then kick it 50 + but I believe maybe time to bring him back to reality and a week at Box Hill wouldn't hurt......I watched him yesterday and it was really getting to him on how poor he was kicking and god I think he is an important player to the possibility of back to back

Just my thoughts anyway but I want to see him back to using that lethal left foot as a weapon and not a turn over machine

Thankfully he confuses defenders as to where they expect him to kick the pill also..

I wish the fickle supporters would just take a deep breath sometimes. Suckers is never going to be Mr contested ball. He is in the side to be damaging by foot and provide run!! (18 running bounces, 2nd to Smith). He bites off more than anyone else in the AFL and with that are going to come some clangers. The difference is with Suckers is that one of his kicks can put a player in 20m of space and result in an easy goal invaluable in todays game.
That 20m of space is valuable. What's not is the ridiculous turnovers in defensive 50 because he tries the stupid cute kick.

Also just because he is an outside runner doesn't let him off his lack of tackling ability or defensive pressure.

For anyone wanting to drop suckling they really need to read this post. Yes his kicking could have been better but we are judging him against a very high benchmark. What most people miss is he also provides run. He averages 3 bounces a game which is second only to smith and double the next best in the team. Only 10 players in the team have even recorded one. That amount of run is not easy to replace. Hartung is the only one at box hill capable of matching that and he probably isn't ready to play hbf. I think suckling needs time in the seniors to find out how much improvement he has left. We can name a pretty formidable side without him but given the absentees and what he presently offers the senior team is the best place right now.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

He has always been prone to turning it over, but some of the howlers yesterday were the stuff of amateurs.
I hope for his sake he can tun it around otherwise some one will take his spot.

In terms of his DE%, any stats from when he is taking the kick out are not included in this number.
I cant remember if he took many kick-ins but most of his turn overs I can recall were in general play.

That said, Mitch had 7 turn overs yesterday so he wasn't alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back