Remove this Banner Ad

Lawrst

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
This guy continues to impress me, it seems every time he gets the ball he is so clean with his disposal. I just have confindence in him doing the wright thing. The more time he gets at AFL level and the more midfield time he plays I can see him becoming our next Edwards. Calm under pressure, hardworking, clean disposal and just a smart footballer. :thumbsu:

Agreed, he doesnt panic, and may not get the ball as much as others. But has composure. Great game

I just love his attack on the footy and he hunts his opposition

Prior to round 1 I did not have Matty in our best 22 and neither did Sando however to his credit he has banged the door down and forced his way into our best 22

He will only get better :thumbsu:

So clean at ground level and works hard around the ground. Was in our best tonight. Seems to be getting around the ground more and using his body better.

been very impressed with him last two weeks.

That bodywork before taking a handpass and setting up a goal was beautiful.

Good user, good decision maker, hard at it.

I'm very happy with the balance of the forward line with he, callinan, porps, petrenko playing through there - good call slippery pete.

Tonight continued his run of good games.

He'll never be a dominant star but he can make a great contibution to a win withhis guts and determination, chasing, tackling, harrassment and hard ball winning.

He's an excellent team man who definitely deserves his spot in the team after fighting hard to get it in the first place.

Well done Matty. :thumbsu:

Tonight continued his run of good games.

He'll never be a dominant star but he can make a great contibution to a win with his guts and determination, chasing, tackling, harrassment and hard ball winning.

He's an excellent team man who definitely deserves his spot in the team after fighting hard to get it in the first place.

Well done Matty. :thumbsu:

What a player just never ever lets your down. Smart footballer always in the right place doing the right thing. Tough, clean skills absolutely love him. Dont think Sando will be leaving him out again anytime soon.

My favorite crows player, love watching him go about his business, people who say Mackay is our next Edwards have it wrong, Matty Wright will be our next Tyson Edwards. Did anyone else think he was tagging McVeigh in the 2nd half, seemed to be all over him at stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more of the ball he finds the better our team is going to get. I know its early but Lyons seems to have the same calm under pressure disposal.

He is the type of guy you need in a tight contest, Danger and Sloan have this and we are now building towards something like a tough opponent for any team.

Absolute Gold in a young Crows outfit!!

Didn't want to start a new thread on Matthew Wright ... so I'll bump this old one.

I rated his year in 2012 pretty highly, but he has almost completely changed the way he goes about it now - it's completely unrecognisable.

What has he lost? Is it just the hunger ... or has there been an injury cloud? Was it the change in training? A change in team strategy?

My recollection of his 2014 season would be that he ducked into a lot of tackles and got caught with the ball a lot.

I can't say that I've seen him as a skilled hard goal kicking team player for a while.

I'd love to see him get back to his best, he will only be 25 years old come the start of season 2015.

I also thought he was quite reasonable this year, doesn't do the flashy stuff that gets over hyped by fans but sure as hell does a lot of the things that seem to get missed by a lot of supporters like the 1%ers, tackles, blocks, link ups etc.....my only real problem with Matthew is his lack of penetration with his kicking, especially in range of goal, quite a few times he passed off from positions that for most AFL listed players should be certain goal opportunities, nothing wrong with his accuracy in the main, it's just that 40 metres seemed to be his absolute limit this season.

Unfortunately I don't think he has much of a future.

As mentioned, has been overtaken by Betts and Matt Crouch as well as Cameron and Lyons in the roles he can play.

I don't have him in our top 25 and reckon he'll only play if we cop quite a few injuries.

Will still be cheering for him if/when he plays though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back