Matthews and Christian?

pattersonmiller

Draftee
Suspended
Aug 6, 2007
scone
AFL Club
Richmond
Was there ever a relationship between Christian's wife / girlfriend and lethal leigh?

Why did Leigh Leave the maggies?

I am no troll? interested.

mm fan

Debutant
May 4, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
I was lucky enough to be playing in the reserves back in 95 both Lethals and Christians last year. I can tell you there was nothing going on that we could see and they both got along great. I think it was a little both ways Lethal wanted to finish and Collingwood wanted a change.

The rumour i remember hearing was Lethal and Tony Shaw's wife but come on Lethal isn't any oil painting so I didn't believe it now or then.

Magnus the Magpie

All Australian
Apr 23, 2007
Kensington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Recent rumours update:
1) Eddie to replace Pert;
2) Clement not to play again this year;
3) Pendles disgruntled and wants to leave;
4) Bucks finished and will announce his retirement during the finals; and
5) Matthews and Christian's wife/girlfriend.

What next - Thomas has renounced all things worldly and has joined a Trappist Monastery? Get real!

I've heard Matthews on this and he makes no bones about it - he was sacked (and then replaced by Shaw). Another of the brilliant decisions made by various CFC boards over the years.

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
Recent rumours update:
1) Eddie to replace Pert;
2) Clement not to play again this year;
3) Pendles disgruntled and wants to leave;
4) Bucks finished and will announce his retirement during the finals; and
5) Matthews and Christian's wife/girlfriend.

6.malthouse is sick

always comes out once a season

put me in coach

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
41d28' South 147d11' East
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man.U, Dragons
Was there ever a relationship between Christian's wife / girlfriend and lethal leigh?

Why did Leigh Leave the maggies?

I am no troll? interested.

I don't really want to fuel this fire but wasn't it Crossica's partner that the rumours of the time were about? In any case Lethal was pushed for Shaw (not such a good move) the same as Shaw was in turn asked(told) to fall on his sword for Malthouse.

The rumour i remember hearing was Lethal and Tony Shaw's wife but come on Lethal isn't any oil painting so I didn't believe it now or then.
Come on, footy players have never needed to be attractive to land women. Have you seen Adam Goodes' girlfriend at the Brownlow? :eek:

>A<

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2004
on the wild side
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Williamstown
6.malthouse is sick

always comes out once a season

I think it is sick not to want to get ruck dominance out of the centre, so this one is true.

Since Matthews left, I have been under the belief that Matthew slept with Michael Christians wife. It is an oldy, but I think we will never know for sure.

Gabbie

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2004
MAGNETIC ISLAND-NTH QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Browsing thru BF and i spotted this thread.
I heard it was Damien Monkhorst's missus ;) but as a Pie Pal of mine said, "No way, I've seen Monky's missus, and she's uglier than him"

Nothing like a good rumour going around any club - some have a bit of truth in them and some have a lot of truth, just gotta know which one it is.

YellowandBlackBlood

Bigfooty Superstar
Jun 25, 2007
Parts unknown
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd like to know how the hell a rumour like that could start if it wasn't true? Does someone say, let's start a completely untrue rumour about a coach and a players wife and spread it like wild fire? Seems incredible to me. I think most consider the following phrase to be true "where there's smoke there's fire" and therein lies the problem.

ant22

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2005
gisborne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
pies
there was definately a very stong rumor about matthews and christians wife, claire. Claire was also a minor celeb herself . She used to be the host of the nightly keno draw on 9. she was a very attractive girl.

but then Marty Clarke cried and his tears cured him
Marty's new nickname....Lourdes...LOL

Perhaps we should get him to cry on Bucks hammies and Pendles foot.

magpie78

Senior List
Aug 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
there was definately a very stong rumor about matthews and christians wife, claire. Claire was also a minor celeb herself . She used to be the host of the nightly keno draw on 9. she was a very attractive girl.

and now married to Liam Bartlett - 60 minutes reporter

Back